|“||No matter how strong you are, you cannot win this battle alone. Please, allow me to fight at your side!||„|
|~ Diao Chan's famous quote.|
|“||You are not the first to underestimate me based on my appearance.||„|
|~ Diao Chan's victory quote.|
Diao Chan is beautiful and seductive woman and a villain protagonist in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
She was voiced by Rika Komatsu in the Japanese version, and by Lynn Harris, Melodee Spevack, Carrie Savage, and Talia Davis in the English version.
Diao Chan is a songstress who likes to dancing with her beauty. As her adoptive father, Wang Yun, who comes up with a plan to restore order the Han Dynasty of China, and remove the tyrannical Dong Zhuo from power.
Under the instruction of her father, Diao Chan becomes engaged to the mighty Lu Bu. However, when Dong Zhuo meets with Diao Chan, he becomes obsessed with her and orders Wang Yun to let him marry her. Lu Bu finds out about this and becomes enraged, resulting in him killing Dong Zhuo and marrying Diao Chan.
Although Lu Bu's seduction was part of Diao Chan's plot to kill Dong Zhuo, she was portrayed as actually having deep feelings for Lu Bu and loves him as much as he loves her. Dong Zhuo deposed the ruling Emperor and empowered a new Emperor who he controlled. Dong Zhuo freely used and abused his power, unopposed by the ministers of the capital as they all feared him and his adopted son Lü Bu.
Diao Chan is characterized as a patient and affable woman, her love and patience towards Lu Bu is genuine, it's seen in games however, that while not above manipulating others.
She is otherwise helpful, but she also redeemed herself after saving Zhang Liao against the invaders forces and also willing to sacrifice herself for something good after all.
In terms the character and title symbolise rebirth and beauty, The hibiscus represent the confederate rose, That is given to someone who truly love representing her love towards Lu Bu.
- Diao Chan is a playable character in the both Dynasty Warriors and Knights of Valour video game series.
- In her more charitable portrayals, she is not proud of stringing Lu Bu along, but feels it was necessary to bring Dong Zhuo's tyranny to an end.
- In the novel, it is unknown what happens to her after Lu Bu's demise while in the many portray of her in the Chinese TV series and movie, she was captured by Cao Cao and to be turned into his consort. However, Diao Chan commited suicide in front of Cao Cao by slicing her throat with a sword.
- In the live-action adaptation of Dynasty Warriors, Diao Chan served as a minor character of the film, in that fact, she forced by somebody with the asking to marry Dong Zhuo but happening as knows to refused which almost wants to suicides by jumps into river where then her being saved by Lu Bu. At so was the way, Diao Chan decided to eliminate Dong Zhuo with the help of her father. Unlike her games counterpart, she is never participated in the battles by had joining with Dong Zhuo's forces.
- She was considerably to have believing on Taoism.
- Diao Chan in Heroes Wiki (For her heroic counterpart).