|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I am Diodora of the Asaroth family!||„|
|~ Diodora's cowardly breakdown as an armored Issei beats him to a pulp.|
Diodora Astaroth is a major antagonist in the light novel and anime series Highschool DxD, serving as the main antagonist of volume 6 and the greater scope villain of volume 1. He is the former supposed heir of the Astaroth Clan until he betrayed his family and kind when he side with the Khaos Brigade. He is the younger brother of Ajuka Beelzebub.
He is voiced by Makoto Furukawa in the Japanese version of the anime and Aaron Dismuke in the English version, who is best known for voicing Alphonse Elric in the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist anime series.
He is a gentle-looking, handsome young man with blonde hair in the light novel & dark green hair in the anime. He also has a big deep scar on his chest which he injured himself to turn Asia into a heretic as part of his plan. He is usually dressed in noble clothing. He has fanged teeth and deep golden eyes. He also has a gentle smile that adds on to his altruistic façade.
While appearing to be a well-mannered and affable young man, Diodora is actually a narcissistic, sinister, wicked and uncaring demonic being who will do anything to get whatever he wants. He is perversely obsessed with nuns and holy maidens as most of his Chess Pieces are all former nuns and holy maidens he had acquired all over the world by being the cause of their excommunication. He is also horrifyingly sadistic, as he thoroughly enjoys seeing them suffer in pain, sadness, loss, suffering, despair as he finds it an ultimate form of entertainment. He is also incredibly childish, temperamental and immature, as proven by the temper tantrum he threw upon realising he was no match for Issei. He is also shown to be heavily disgusted with Dragons and those associated with them, as he calls Issei a "filthy dragon" but after suffering his defeat on him, he becomes fearful of him and dragons.
Despite of being brothers, Diodora doesn't seem to have a very good relationship with one of the devil kings and his older brother, Ajuka as the latter doesn't hold any cares for Diodora even didn't hold sympathy his death due to his treachery to his family.
It is stated by Freed Sellzen that due to his nun fetish, he has been preying on famous nuns and Holy-maidens in various countries around the world one after the other. He would often seduce the maidens with his passionate words in order to make them fall in love with him. After the nuns and maidens were excommunicated by the church, which is devastating for them, he would later save them from the depths of their despair, and eventually rapes them physically & emotionally. Later Diodora reincarnated them into becoming his servants as they slavishly pledged their loyalty to him as a result.
Sometime prior to the series, Diodora purposely injured himself to force the kind Asia to heal him, a Devil, which resulted in Asia's accusation of her being a heretic which led to her excommunication from the Church. He was also secretly present the abandoned church at Issei's town when Raynare stole Asia's Sacred Gear, initially intending to be the one to kill Raynare and save Asia and then take her as his servant. His plan, however, did not work due to Issei defeating Raynare.
Birth of the Breast Dragon Emperor
He appeared in Volume 5 as one of the six young Devils for the Young Devil Gathering. At the end of the same volume, he reappeared in front of the Gremory group and proposed to Asia after he revealed that he was the Devil that Asia healed years ago.
In Volume 6, he was scheduled to have a Rating Game against the Gremory Team but this did not happen after he revealed that he was an ally of the Khaos Brigade. He also reveals he had Asia heal him simply to add her to his collection of nuns. Diodora then kidnaps Asia and has his peerage battle against the Gremory group. He was defeated by Issei in a one-on-one fight with Issei overpowering him out of rage at what he did to Asia. After his defeat, Shalba Beelzebub appeared. Diodora pleaded with him to help, only for Shalba to stab him with a weapon of light, and his body dissolved away.
Due to Diodora betrayal to his family and the other devils, the Astaroth has lost many of their privileges. Following his death, Diodora's niece, Latia has replaced him as the new heiress of the Astaroth Clan.
- In the manga adaptation of Highschool DxD, Diodora makes a cameo as one of the guests in Rias and Riser's engagement party.
- Diodora serves as a foil to Rias. Both are the younger sibling of a Devil King (Ajuka Beelzebub and Sirzechs Lucifer, respectively), both are the future heads of their families due to their brother's position and both have a connection to Asia. But where Rias is kind, mature and serene, Diodora is cruel, childish and psychotic. Rias cherishes Asia as a surrogate sister, while Diodora views her only as his property. Rias is greatly respected in the underworld, while Diodora is widely hated, to the point that the only reason he wasn't killed sooner was that killing him could have started a civil war.
- Out of all of his counterparts (who were weak and selfish villains obsessed idol like girls) such as Daisuke Hiyama, Kurt Von Ritzburg and NobuyukiSugou were easily defeated and killed by the protagonists' hand, Diodora was the only one who was killed by an antagonist (Shalba Beelzebub).
- Diodora has similarities to Daisuke Hiyama from Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest:
- They were bullies who are cruel to the protagonists.
- They were weak and selfish cowards who only cares is themselves and love picking on those who are weaker than them. But too scared to fight those who are stronger than them.
- They were obsessed of one of the protagonists' lovers who are healing priestesses and wanted to make them their girlfriends (Diodora was obsessed for Asia, while Hiyama was obsessed for Kaori).
- They were villains who holds no remorse and while acting they were nice.
- They were traitors who have betrayed their previous groups (Diodora betrayed his family and kind, while Hiyama betrayed his classmates and his gang).
- They've fought and got easily defeated by the protagonists.
- While they were villains, they were pawns and got betrayed by even greater villains (Diodora was a pawn and betrayed by Shalba Beelzebub, while Hiyama was a pawn and betrayed by Eri Nakamura).
- In the end, they've died by others' hands instead of the protagonists (Diodora was killed by Shalba, while Hiyama was killed and devoured by the monsters after Hajime send Hiyama to the courtyard where the monsters eaten him alive).
|Highschool DXD Villains|