This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||The beginning is upon us. I suggest you prepare. We're drawing close to a new world in which only true pirates can survive. The weak should run while they still can or be swept away by the tides of time. As they role back to reveal a new era of champions.||„|
|~ Donquixote Doflamingo|
Donquixote Doflamingo is a major antagonist in the anime/manga series, One Piece. He serves as the main antagonist of the Dressrosa Saga. He was the captain of the Donquixote Pirates, the king of Dressrosa and a member of the Shichibukai before his defeat by Luffy and arrest by the Marine Admiral Fujitora. Formerly the most influential underworld broker, Doflamingo's defeat and capture sent shockwaves throughout the New World, enraging his affiliates, including one of the Four Emperors, Kaido. He is the arch-nemesis of Trafalgar D. Water Law.
After his defeat and crimes, both of his titles as king of Dressrosa and as one of the seven warlords were stripped and he and most of his crew members were transported to Impel Down. He is a major antagonist in the Jaya Arc, a supporting antagonist in the Sabaody Arc, a major antagonist in the Marineford Arc, a major antagonist of the Punk Hazard Arc, and the main antagonist of the Dressrosa Arc.
In most of his appearances, Doflamingo is shown to be carefree and laid-back. Unlike most members of the seven warlords, he is initially shown to not take anything too seriously and is shown to be excited by most things around him. Doflamingo is also shown in many of his appearances to always smile or to grin. In many cases, laugh and smile in situations where the level of danger is high such as Whitebeard leveling Marineford with his devil fruit ability. He also can have a glamorous and extravagant personality, demonstrated by how he moves when he is orating or by how he sometimes walks like a flamingo.
Underneath how eccentric he can be, Doflamingo is extremely violent and bloodthirsty. As a child, Doflamingo was once a Celestial Dragon where he enjoyed abusing people around him and making them his slaves. Having lost his privileges as a Celestial Dragon, Doflamingo held an intense hatred for his father, Donquixote Homing, for sacrificing all the advantages of being a Celestial Dragon to live in the world with other people and for all the pain and suffering he had to go through. Doflamingo harbors rage against the Celestial Dragons for not accepting him back to Mariejois and vowed to get vengeance on them by destroying everything they hold close to them. Because of his violent nature and attitude, Doflamingo feels no empathy for anyone he has victimized or the lives he has destroyed and always justifies it with him being better than people in general.
Initially, Doflamingo respects his crew and at times can be lenient to them. Because of his crew's loyalty to him, Doflamingo in many cases shows a level of care for his crew. He was angry at one of his minions for laughing at Pica's voice stating that he does not tolerate anyone who disrespects his crew. Despite his care, in the beginning, Doflamingo was willing to kill his own crew alongside everyone on Dressrosa and find another crew which hints that he only tolerated his crew for how resourceful they were to him and was willing to kill them when they were no longer useful to him.
Beliefs and Pride
|“||I told you this before, Law! Now take a look! The weak don't have a choice, even in death!||„|
|~ Donquixote Doflamingo|
Doflamingo believes that strong individuals have power and might. He also believes that the weak have no room in the future of pirates. He looks down on those who are weak and is shown to manipulate them for his amusement and for his advantage. With his belief, Doflamingo sees the future and believes that only the strong will be able to thrive. At the same time, because of his beliefs and ideology in strong people having domination, Doflamingo does not mind ruining the lives of those who are weaker than him and manipulating him. For example, when Doflamingo learned of Bellamy's loss to Luffy, Doflamingo had no more use for Bellamy and forced Sarkies to severely injure him since he perceives him as weak.
Because of this belief, Doflamingo also has great pride in himself as a pirate. In his battle against Law and Luffy, Doflamingo on multiple occasions prided himself as a powerful person who would be able to defeat both pirates. During his battle against them, he often looked down on them often underestimating them until Luffy used Gear Fourth on him.
In addition to being very arrogant, Doflamingo is prideful of his own crew viewing them as powerful in their own rights. He had enough pride in his own family members that he would not tolerate anyone who would insult his crew such as laughing at Pica's voice. In his appearance on Jaya Island, Doflamingo was also shown to be prideful in his own pirate flag and jolly roger and intolerant to anyone who would disgrace it. He was willing to force Sarkies to brutally harm Bellamy for disgracing his flag.
As a former member of the Celestial Dragons, Doflamingo also has a high view of himself viewing himself as better than people in general. Before losing his privileges as a Celestial Dragon, Doflamingo already had the mindset like most members of the Celestial Dragon as a person who views themselves as greater than most people because of his bloodline. Doflamingo feels that he deserving of many things because of his bloodline such as being a Celestial Dragon again and claiming Dressrosa as his country since his ancestors had ruled it in the past.
While talking to Law and Luffy about his past, Doflamingo was only concerned about his own feelings about losing his position as a Celestial Dragon and his life stating that it was harder than anything Law, Luffy, and Bellamy ever went through going as far as using it justify his cruelty.
However, towards the end of the Dressrosa Arc, Doflamingo shows that his value for himself takes precedence even over the care and well-being of his loyal crewmates. He did not care if he had to kill off his own crewmates as long as he was able to put the negative publicity of Dressrosa behind him and move on to find other people who would be as loyal to him.
|“|| Mozambia: This is your doing! Do you find this entertaining Doflamingo?!|
Doflamingo: Yes, actually. If you don't mind I'd like to get this little shindig started sometime in the near future. Less you haven't had enough.
|~ Doflamingo admitting finding it fun to force Mozambia to strangle Stainless.|
Like most villains in One Piece, Doflamingo has shown himself to be a sadist who takes pleasure in people's pain and misery. As a child, Doflamingo enjoyed owning slaves and using his privileges as a Celestial Dragon to abuse and torment people around him. As an adult, Doflamingo still takes pleasure in causing as much pain as he can such as forcing King Riku to kill his own citizens and then framing him as the villain behind the massacre. With his parasite string ability, Doflamingo is able to force people to do his bidding often times forcing them to do terrible things for his amusement such as forcing Atmos to cut down kill many of his own subordinates or forcing Mozambia and Stainless into a fight against their will.
With his powers, he also likes to find ways to cause as much pain as possible to people he strongly dislikes. For example, forcing Viola (who betrayed him) into getting cut down by her family member, Rebecca, for no other reason than to cause as much pain as possible. Despite using his powers to force people to do terrible things for his own entertainment, Doflamingo is nonetheless also shown to enjoy seeing people in pain. After cutting off Law's arm, Doflamingo stood smiling around watching Law scream in agony with no care for how much pain he caused. Doflamingo also enjoys messing with people's minds as a way to break them such as mocking a distressed Law before attempting to kill him.
Doflamingo has little patience for people who he looks down on or who inconveniences. As a child, Doflamingo took revenge on his father for having the entire family leave Mary Geoise by killing him out of sheer rage. Despite having done that, he still harbors an intense hatred for his father for inconveniencing him and making him lose his position as a Celestial Dragon. Whenever he does not get his way or whenever people deny him what he wants, he is shown to harbor hatred for them such as the Celestial Dragons for not accepting him back at Mary Geoise.
Whenever things do not go his way, Doflamingo is shown to get very angry. When Usopp caused Sugar to lose her consciousness and inevitably to break the curse she had on the people, Doflamingo was angry that his underground operation has been exposed. As a result, Doflamingo gave Usopp a high bounty for causing a lot of problems for him.
When Law brings up the "Will of the D", Doflamingo reacts by nearly killing him in front of Luffy and the civilians of Dressrosa. As a member of the Celestial Dragons, Doflamingo is shown to have a deep fear and hatred for the Will of the D as they are like his destined enemies. When Law reveals himself to have a "D" in his name, Doflamingo got angry and took the opportunity to sever his arm.
With his impatience, Doflamingo does not like anyone who stands in his way towards his targets such as the Corrida Colosseum men fighting him to prevent him from finding Luffy. As a result, he has no hesitance in injuring and killing them for getting his way.
Whenever anyone angers Doflamingo, the latter takes out the opportunity to use an extreme force of violence such as shooting Corazon for only wanting to protect Law against him or attempting to drown a man all because he did not fight in the tournament for his own amusement.
- Donquixote Homing: Doflamingo has an intense hatred for his father for stripping him of his birthrights as a Celestial Dragon. Having gone through torture and many problems from the citizens, Doflamingo held on to his hatred more until he decided to kill his father, the man responsible for all his suffering as a child. As an adult, Doflamingo insults his father and still harbors negative feelings for him for his decisions. Despite his hatred, Homing does not have any apathy for Doflamingo and during his last moments did not harbor any negative feelings towards him.
- Donquixote Rosinante: At first, Doflamingo used to be protective of his younger brother and cared for him. In the past, if he found that anyone attacked Rosinante, Doflamingo would attack the perpetrator and possibly kill them. After finding out that Rosinante was against him, spied for the marines, and gave Law the Op Op fruit, Doflamingo saw him as a traitor and murdered him as a result. Years later during his fight against Law and Luffy, Doflamingo admits to Law that killing his brother was a good thing as it relieved him of Rosinante. As a child, Rosinante witnessed how violent Doflamingo was from a young age. Rosinante saw Doflamingo as an evil and dangerous man.
- Doflamingo's mother: Doflamingo used to love his mother. When she died from an illness, Doflamingo was shown to be greatly upset from it. However, as an adult, Doflamingo does not care about his mother any longer but puts more care on his hatred for his brother and father than his care for mother. He is more upset with his brother and father who inconvenienced him in the past and does not show any love for his mother in the present.
- Donquixote Pirates: Doflamingo was once protective of his crew and would be reciprocal to them when they show their loyalty to him. Doflamingo considered them to be his family. Around his crew, Doflamingo is shown to be friendly and laid-back around them and is open to talking and interacting with them. Doflamingo will not tolerate any disrespect towards his family member as seen when he expressed anger over one of his minions laughing at Pica's voice. Doflamingo is also willing to protect his crew members in battle such as protecting Trebol against Law's attack. With his loyal crew, Doflamingo, however, expects his men to die for him under any circumstances when he commands them such as ordering Monet to die for him. Furthermore, with his underground operation exposed to the world, Doflamingo felt that it was in his best interest to kill everyone on the island including his own men to cover up what he was doing revealing how he sees his crew as pawns who were there to uplift his ego.
- Trebol: Doflamingo was very close with Trebol. It was because of Trebol, Doflamingo got the string-string fruit and his pistol. Trebol saw Doflamingo as someone who was chosen by the heavens but at the same time saw him as the ultimate evil. Despite his views of him as the ultimate evil, Trebol has undying loyalty towards Doflamingo and not only does he like how evil the latter is but likes him as a family member. During their interactions, Trebol would often get too close to Doflamingo annoying him sometimes. Doflamingo was willing to protect Trebol in battle, but when the latter ignored Doflamingo's commands and fell for Law's trap, Doflamingo did not care what happened to Trebol after that point.
- Diamante: Diamante and Doflamingo knew each other when they were younger and got along with each other very well. Doflamingo and Diamante would often joke and play around with the latter telling Diamante how good he is. Doflamingo also trusted Diamante in securing the fire-fire fruit during the Corrida Colosseum tournament. However, when Doflamingo's underground operation became public; the latter did not care that he had to kill off Diamante with everyone on Dressrosa.
- Pica: Doflamingo was close with Pica as they knew each other when they were younger. Despite his high-pitch voice, Doflamingo did not laugh at him or insult him. Doflamingo has shown that he is intolerable of anyone who laughs at Pica's voice and is willing to have his lower-tier minions killed for doing that. Like the rest of his crew, Doflamingo did not care about Pica's well-being when he was using the birdcage to kill everyone on Dressrosa and did not care if he got killed.
- Vergo: Doflamingo trusted Vergo as a spy for the marines and relied on the information he would give him. Doflamingo was also trusted Vergo in guarding Caesar and taking care Law on Punk Hazard. Like most members of his crew, Doflamingo knew Vergo when he was younger. When the plan on Punk Hazard was not going well and Vergo found himself defeated by Law, Doflamingo thanked him for his work for him and the Donquixote Pirates for all this time except for now and was content in having him die for him. Despite being briefly outraged when he found out about his death, Doflamingo did not show any care afterward and was more interested in going after the Straw Hats and Law for ruining his operation on Punk Hazard.
- Monet: Doflamingo trusted Monet in watching over Caesar on Punk Hazard. He also threatens to harm her if anything happened to Caesar. Monet, on the other hand, was loyal to Doflamingo and wanted him to be the Pirate King. When Doflamingo found out about the situation on Punk Hazard, he was lenient on her for all the things that happened and wanted her to destroy Punk Hazard and die for him. When he found out that failed and knew about her death, he was angry for a moment. Despite being angry for the moment, he was more concern with eliminating everyone who played a part in taking down his operation than for Monet.
- Caesar Clown: Doflamingo saw Caesar as a very important person in his deal with Kaido. When he learned that Caesar was captured by Law and the Straw Hats, he wanted to retrieve him. Caesar shows some level of praise for Doflamingo for how powerful he is and for allowing him to do his illegal experiments under his protection from the World Government. Doflamingo, however, did not trust Caesar and had Monet guard and watch him. After getting CP0 to cover for him when he was supposed to resign as a warlord, Doflamingo declared Caesar as a member of his crew.
- Bellamy: Doflamingo saw Bellamy as a nuisance. He did not care much about Bellamy when he first met him. Despite the initial disinterest in the pirate, he accepted him into his crew. When Doflamingo found out that Bellamy lost in a battle to Luffy, Doflamingo saw that as insulting his flag and forced Sarkies to brutally attack Bellamy and subsequently kick him out of his crew. When Bellamy came back from his Sky Island journey and gave Doflamingo a golden pillar, Doflamingo accepted him back into the crew. Doflamingo still looked down on Bellamy and commissioned Dellinger to assassinate him during the tournament since he was no longer necessary to the crew. When Bellamy confronts him about the assassination attempt, Doflamingo told the latter that they both had different goals from the beginning and brutally attacked him. At one point, Doflamingo also used Bellamy as a human shield against Luffy's attack and manipulated him into fighting Luffy. Despite what happened to him, Bellamy still has respect for Doflamingo and does not want to hate him.
- Other members: Other member of his crew like - Baby 5, Buffalo, Sugar, Senor Pink, Lao G, Dellinger, Gladius, Machvise and Jora, Doflamingo got along with them well for the most part. He showed some care for their personal issues like watching who Baby 5 would get into a relationship with but killing the people she would want to get into a relationship with (because he thinks those men were not good for her). He also shows leniency on his crewmates if they failed them such as sparing Baby 5 and Buffalo and allowing Jora to leave when she failed to capture the Straw Hat Pirates. Doflamingo saw his crewmates as support for him and would not tolerate any disrespect from others. However, Doflamingo did not care to kill these members towards the end of the Dressrosa Arc along with everyone on the island despite their loyalty to him.
- Lower-tier minions: Doflamingo did not treat the lower-tier minions as actual members of his crew. He saw their support as necessary to his crew and to himself. Doflamingo also does not tolerate any of them for insulting members of his family. Like the rest of the crew, Doflamingo did not care about their safety when he summoned the birdcage on Dressrosa in an attempt to kill everyone on the island.
- World Government: Despite no longer being a Celestial Dragon and turning into a pirate, Doflamingo still retain some of his privileges as a Celestial Dragon and the World Government upholds these privileges such as allowing him to contact CP0. Doflamingo, on the other hand, does not honor his relationship with the World Government as seen by how he takes part in illegal activities that the World Government does not approve of. Since Doflamingo blackmailed both the World Government and the Celestial Dragons with important information on them, Doflamingo also earns honorary rights as a Celestial Dragon and Doflamingo feels he can get away with anything from them. The World Government also learned of Doflamingo's activities in Dressrosa but chose not to do anything about it until his defeat by Luffy where they decide to arrest him and imprison him in Impel Down.
- Celestial Dragons: As a former Celestial Dragon, Doflamingo was once happy with his position and power and did not think anything of the other Celestial Dragons. However, when he could not be accepted back as a Celestial Dragon because of his father's decision to leave them, Doflamingo held hatred for the Celestial Dragons. With his pirate crew and his powers, Doflamingo vowed to get vengeance on them by destroying everything they have control over. The Celestial Dragons, however, look down on Doflamingo and his family for leaving Mary Geoise.
- Fujitora: Doflamingo and Fujitora worked together against Law and the Straw Hats but Fujitora did not trust Doflamingo. Knowing about Crocodile's illegal activities in Alabasta, Fujitora did not trust Doflamingo and his actions on Dressrosa. The latter told Doflamingo that he is willing to come after him and dismantle the Seven Warlords system seeing it as a corrupt. Doflamingo, however, did not trust Fujitora after his comment on the Seven Warlord system and wanted to kill him. When Doflamingo lost to Luffy, he was upset that Fujitora did not work with him to take down Luffy and Law.
- Smoker: When Doflamingo encountered Smoker on Punk Hazard, Doflamingo showed no mercy towards the marine when he wanted to know where the Straw Hats and Law were. He brutally attacked him and nearly killed him before Aokiji prevented him.
- Tsuru: Tsuru sees Doflamingo as a major threat and for many years wanted to capture him. As seen when they were both introduced, Tsuru did not like Doflamingo for how he manipulated both Mozambia and Stainless into fighting and his overall cruel nature. When he was defeated and arrested, Doflamingo was willing to talk to Tsuru.
- Crocodile: During Marineford war, Doflamingo was willing to talk to Crocodile in the war and was interested in having him as his ally. When he saw that he rescued Ace from his execution, Doflamingo attacked Crocodile and assumed that he was willing to be an ally of the Whitebeard Pirates over him. Crocodile has shown to not want to deal with Doflamingo.
- Gekko Moriah: After the Marineford War, Doflamingo attempt to assassinate him from the order of someone in the World Government. Doflamingo told Gekko Moriah that he was too weak to be apart of the Seven Warlord's position. When talking to a government agent about the attempted assassination, Doflamingo joked about his powers of zombies speculating that he may have come back as a zombie. Moriah did not like that Doflamingo turned on him but was more willing to get back at Sengoku (the person who he thought put Doflamingo up to it).
- Trafalgar D. Water Law: When Doflamingo met Law, he was interested in how cruel Law was as a child and even wanted him to become apart of his crew. However, Doflamingo was surprised that Rosinante gave him the Op Op Fruit to cure his amber lead poisoning and wanted to brainwash him like the rest of crew to be loyal to him so that he can give him the immortality he wanted. Many years later, Doflamingo was interested in meeting up with Law but did not like how he messed with operation on Punk Hazard and put him at risk with dealing with an angry Kaido. Doflamingo was disgusted when he saw that Law modeled his pirate crew after Rosinante (Corazon). Doflamingo would also try to harm Law as much as he can when he provokes him and ultimately wanted to kill him out of a fit of rage not only for ruining his operation on both Punk Hazard and Dressrosa but also revealing that he had a 'D' in his name. However, at one point in their battle, Doflamingo did not want to kill Law but wanted to make a deal with him so that he can give him immortality. But when the latter refused, Doflamingo attempted to kill him. Law sees Doflamingo as his archenemy after killing Rosinante (the only person who truly cared about him) and wanted to ruin Doflamingo's operation and make life hard for him and avenge Rosinante.
- Kaido and the Beasts Pirates: Doflamingo was an agent to Kaido. He would work with Caesar Clown to help produce the artificial devil fruits that would help Kaido raise a powerful army of zoan devil fruit users. Law told the Straw Hats and Doflamingo on a few occasions that if Doflamingo could not uphold the deal of producing the SMILEs for Kaido's army, then Kaido would come after Doflamingo and kill him. When Doflamingo lost to Luffy in his battle and got arrested by the Marines, Jack wanted to retrieve Doflamingo from them despite the threat from the Marines meaning that he was very important to the Beasts Pirates. When Kaido learned of Doflamingo's defeat and arrest, he cried over his defeat and said that Doflamingo was too weak. Because of Doflamingo's defeat and arrest, Kaido wanted revenge on Luffy and Law for interfering with his business dealings.
- Whitebeard Pirates: During the Marineford War, Doflamingo as one of the Warlords was on the side of the Marines against the Whitebeard Pirates. Doflamingo was overall excited at Whitebeard's power. When Little Oars Jr try to attack him, Doflamingo cut off his leg and later forced Atmos to attack and kill his own men after confronting him. Doflamingo was an enemy of the Whitebeard Pirates during the Marineford War.
- King Riku: Doflamingo saw King Riku as a tool he could use to usurp the throne of Dressrosa and start up his illegal activities there. Doflamingo did not care for the amount of pain he put King Riku through and for incriminating him for the massacre he carried out. Doflamingo would often time mock King Riku and overall saw him as someone below him. King Riku, however, strongly dislikes Doflamingo for all the terror he caused.
- Rebecca: Doflamingo did not think too highly of Rebecca and was often cruel to her along with the Corrida Colosseum Fighters. Rebecca, on the other hand, wanted to get the fire-fire fruit in hopes of killing Doflamingo for all the evil things he did in Dressrosa.
- Viola: Viola disliked Doflamingo for his tyranny in Dressrosa and also disliked his pirate crew too. Viola was willing to betray the pirate crew after meeting with Sanji. Viola also attempted to take down Doflamingo after his battle with Luffy. Doflamingo saw her as a good member of his crew but when he betrayed her he wanted her to experience terrible pain by forcing Rebecca to kill her.
- Kyros: Doflamingo saw Kyros as a powerful person. When Sugar placed a curse on him to turn him into a toy, as a result of Sugar's power Doflamingo forgot about Kyros. When the curse lifted, Kyros attempted to kill Doflamingo immediately as the latter recognized him. Kyros like many others strongly dislikes Doflamingo for all the evil things he did.
- Dressrosa Citizens: Doflamingo saw the Dressrosa citizens as pawns that would be used to make him king of the nation. He also saw them as an opportunity to help boost his illegal underground operation on the island by turning many of them into toys against their will and forcing them into slavery for him. Despite not knowing what he did, the Dressrosa citizens liked Doflamingo as a king and were shocked that he might lose his seven warlord position. However, when he summoned the birdcage on Dressrosa and caused chaos on the island, the Dressrosa citizens saw him as a monster and realized he was responsible for Riku's attack on them and for terrorizing the island.
- Corrida Colosseum Fighters: Doflamingo would treat the Colosseum fighters cruelly and would set extremely high standards for them for their freedom. He would abuse them and force them into harsh conditions if they did not fight for his amusement.
- Tontatta Kingdom: The tontattas saw Doflamingo as an evil ruler over Dressrosa and were plotting to take him down. The tontattas also admits that Doflamingo also reminds them of the other evil Donquixote ruler centuries ago who would abuse the tontattas. Doflamingo would also have the tontattas enslaved in his SMILE factory to help him produce the artificial devil fruits.
Straw Hat Pirates
- Straw Hat Pirates: Doflamingo did not think too highly of the Straw Hats and did not see them as a big threat. However, when they interfere with his operation on Punk Hazard, he wanted to kill them. When he saw the Straw Hat ship off the coast of Green Bit, Doflamingo wanted to kill them to spite Law and capture Momonosuke. When he learned that Franky was destroying his SMILE factory, he wanted the Marines to arrest to him. After his defeat from Luffy, Doflamingo still sees the pirate crew as brats.
- Monkey D. Luffy: When he did research into Crocodile's defeat and arrest in Punk Hazard, Doflamingo was interested in Luffy. During Marineford, Doflamingo was interested in Luffy's appearance on the battlefield and did not interfere with his efforts to rescue his brother. Doflamingo was interested in Luffy to the point that he wanted to lure him over to Dressrosa with his fire-fire fruit (which belonged to Luffy's deceased brother, Portgas D. Ace). When he found that Luffy was one of the people responsible for messing with his operation on Punk Hazard he wanted to find him and kill him along with his entire crew and Law. In his battle against Luffy, Doflamingo saw Luffy as weaker than him and would often underestimate him. He also had an inherent fear or hatred of Luffy for having a 'D' in his name which he views as his natural enemy. In his battle against Luffy, he wanted to kill him for all the problems he caused him. When he was overwhelmed by Luffy's gear fourth, Doflamingo took Luffy more seriously and wanted to defeat him. When he learned of all the terrible things Doflamingo did, Luffy hated Doflamingo and wanted to take him down.
- Usopp: As a member of the Straw Hats, Doflamingo despised Usopp. However, he came to form a strong grudge against him for defeating Sugar and causing all the toys to change back to normal. This act led to the citizens realizing his dark nature and him losing control of the island. Despite never meeting, Doflamingo declared Usopp as the person who angered him the most and put the highest bounty on him.
- Vinsmoke Sanji: In their encounter, Doflamingo saw Sanji as a pretty strong fighter but did not see him as something too strong. He wanted to kill him along with his crew for the role they played in messing with his operation on Punk Hazard. Doflamingo also mocked Sanji in their battle and nearly killed him if Law did not save him.
- Aokiji: When Doflamingo encountered Aokiji on Punk Hazard, he was interested in what he did after his resignation from the Marines. Doflamingo confronted Aokiji but decide not to fight him and left the island with Baby 5 and Buffalo. Aokiji was wary of Doflamingo for what he was doing and attacked him for attempting to kill his friend, Smoker.
- Disco: Doflamingo did not care too much about his human trafficking shop being ruined by the Straw Hats. When Disco complained to him about the problem and how this may make one of the Celestial Dragon family upset, Doflamingo ignored his concerns and left him to deal with the problem himself.
- Kozuki Momonosuke: Not much is known about Doflamingo's relationship to Momonosuke. But from Momonosuke's memories of Doflamingo, he was deeply fearful of him. Momonosuke was frightened by Doflamingo when he saw him drown a Corrida Colosseum fighter for not fighting for his amusement. Doflamingo also wanted to retrieve Momonosuke from the Straw Hat Pirates when he got information from Kaido that the latter escaped from Wano Country.
Powers and Abilities
- Leadership: As the former captain of the Donquixote Pirates and a powerful former member of the Shichibukai, Donquixote Doflamingo had complete authority over his crew. In addition, he was the king of Dressrosa, which gave him dominion over an entire kingdom. Upon his defeat at the hands of Luffy, Doflamingo was stripped of his titles of King and Shichibukai.
- Inhuman Physiology: Doflamingo was one of the most powerful pirates, anyone, including Luffy, to ever face. This is noteworthy as he was present in the war between the Marines and Whitebeard Pirates, a battle in which most of the series' strongest individuals, such as Sengoku, were in some way injured. As further proof of his power, he is able to face off against former Shichibukai Crocodile and later emerge unharmed. He is the only Shichibukai known to fight one of his former colleagues, Gekko Moriah, and seriously injure him (though he was aided by a small group of Pacifistas and Moriah had yet to recover from his injuries from the war). He was so powerful that Law suggested that if Doflamingo resigns from his position, the Marines will send their top fighters, the admirals, against him. This was also confirmed when Kuzan told Smoker to immediately warn Sakazuki about Doflamingo, and the fleet admiral should dispatch the admirals. His strength over the lower-ranked Marines was enforced when Doflamingo toyed around with Vice Admirals Mozambia and Stainless, and then later defeated Vice Admiral Smoker, both occasions with tremendous ease, showing that he has the ability to take down at least a Vice Admiral at Smoker's level (who's formidable as a Logia-class Devil Fruit user). He is so strong that Law, a super rookie, and a Shichibukai, chose not to fight until he encountered Doflamingo to save energy and have a higher chance against him.
- Superhuman Strength: Because of his height, width, size, and build he can effortlessly carry around a full grown human being without tiring, like the former Shichibukai, Trafalgar Law. He also showed enough strength to equally clash against Crocodile's hook with just a kick. Furthermore, he has tremendous strength, as his leg strength is so great that he managed to produce a 360-degree razor-sharp shock wave, enough to cut through all three of the Dressrosa palace towers in one swing, almost instantly. He even managed to give Luffy a devastating kick even though he was defending with Haki, a maneuver which Luffy was able to easily block Hody with, while at the same time sustaining no injury.
- Superhuman Speed, Reflexes, and Agility: Doflamingo has considerable reflexes and agility. He was able to dodge Oars Jr.'s attacks with relative ease and completely jumped over Oars Jr.'s gigantic body. He was fast enough to escape through the eye of Crocodile's sandstorm and exit unscathed.
- Flash Step: Doflamingo is fast enough to keep with Luffy while he's in Gear Second.
- Superhuman Dexterity: Because of his Devil Fruit, Doflamingo is very precise with using the strings to commit his powerful attacks by maneuvering his fingers in flawless coordination.
- Superhuman Durability, Endurance, and Stamina: When Baby 5 attacked him and actually hit him with an explosive round, one that he did not even attempt to dodge, Doflamingo took no damage at all and continued his conversation, not even paying attention to it. He was able to block a Diable Jambe enhanced kick from Sanji with his knee and block the subsequent barrage of kicks that followed with his arm without taking damage. He took a direct attack from Luffy's Red Hawk, a move that caused even a steroid-enhanced Hody Jones to spew blood, and recovered in mere moments, though he did cough up a little bit of blood upon being struck. However, Law stated shortly afterward that the attack only managed to inflict superficial damage to the Shichibukai. Even after taking Law's Gamma Knife, and then quickly followed by a point-blank Counter Shock, which ruptured his organs, he was able to stitch them back together and continue fighting Luffy and taking several Haki-enhanced Gear Second and Haki-enhanced Gear Third moves claiming they felt like tickles and were weak.
- Pain Resistance: Even after taking numerous blows from Luffy in Gear Fourth, to which sent Doflamingo rocketing through dozens of buildings and a mountain he was still able to fight and even control his Haki and awakened powers. Furthermore, despite being so severely exhausted and injured, Doflamingo was able to fight dozens of powerful gladiators and defeat them all with little effort. After all this, it took Luffy's powerful King Kong Gun to finally knock him unconscious.
- Thermal Resistance: He was able to block a Diable Jambe enhanced kick from Sanji without feeling the effects of the attack's intensive heat and managed to prevent himself from being completely frozen by Kuzan, as shortly after the ice-encased him, he shattered the frozen prison, showing absolutely no pain or discomfort from doing so.
- Experienced Combat: Doflamingo has also shown considerable hand-to-hand combat expertise, specializing in a kick-based style of combat, as he was able to deliver a single roundhouse kick to his opponent badly wounding him and fluidly dodge his attack in an instant.
- Genius Intellect: Aside from his tremendous combat skills, Doflamingo had great amounts of influence on the world, being a Shichibukai and a world-famous pirate. He was also known as Joker, the most powerful broker in the underworld.
- Business Management: He was active in the realm of underworld brokering (including slavery, production, and distribution of weapons of mass destruction, and Devil Fruit trafficking) in the New World, and the most resourceful and influential broker there was. Doflamingo's influence extended to several countries at war, as he was the only one providing weapons for them. His defeat made them unable to support themselves any longer and forced many of them to surrender. In addition, Doflamingo was the owner of the once-most popular Human Auctioning House in Sabaody Archipelago but gave it to Disco when he lost interest in slave-trading in favor of the Battle of Marineford and the New Age. His abandonment of the auction hall made it succumb to ruination, further demonstrating the power of his influence (and the consequences for the lack of it).
- Master Manipulator: Being able to deceive the entire world that he resigned from the Shichibukai is considered to be an impossible feat by anyone less than a World Noble, as Doflamingo was indeed one, which gave him the privilege to do as he pleased on a global scale, without any fear of repercussions. Upon his father dragging him away from such a luxurious life he lost all the privileges; however, he has managed to obtain knowledge of the Mary Geoise's national treasure, which, when used in combination with the powers of the Ope Ope no Mi, could shake the foundation of the world, a fact he used to blackmail the Celestial Dragons when they failed to kill him, allowing him to regain (to a limited extent) the privileges of a Celestial Dragon and mobilize the CP-0 to falsify his resignation from the Shichibukai.
- Psychological Manipulation: He is well-versed in psychological warfare, as he prepared to use the fruit as bait to break apart the alliance between Luffy and Law, believing that Luffy would never allow anyone else to have it. True enough, after learning of the fruit being offered as the grand prize at the Corrida Colosseum, Luffy immediately entered himself into the contest to try to win it. This displays great insight from Doflamingo towards other people. He also used his influence to have the media print out falsified news of his resignation from the Shichibukai in order to set a trap for his foes. Upon Sugar's defeat, Doflamingo regained control over Dressrosa via turning everyone else against his enemies with prize money and the chance to survive, showing ample strategic preparation and flexibility.
- Killing Instinct: Doflamingo possesses an extremely bloodthirsty mentality as he brutally punished a gladiator for not shedding any blood for the spectators of his Colosseum fights and casually licked some of the blood from his gladiator victim off his own face. He also believes in the existence of inherent cruelty in all human beings regardless of personality that is brought by the excitement of seeing blood and death. He would go as far as committing patricide at the age of 10, and fratricide at the age of 28, both incidents stemming from his contempt for his victims' actions.
- Sheer Willpower: Doflamingo has an unbreakable will to survive with pride, refusing to plea or die even when citizens tortured him in a failed attempt to break him, while swearing aloud to live through it to kill everyone in revenge; compared to how Homing and Rosinante were begging for mercy, Doflamingo's willpower utterly horrified his father, brother and the torturers alike.
- Supernatural Vitality: Even when being hunted down by the Celestial Dragons, Doflamingo managed to escape them due to his will to live. Even after taking Law's Gamma Knife, and then quickly followed by a point-blank Counter Shock, which ruptured his organs, he was able to stitch them back together using his Devil Fruit.
- Mental Endurance: Doflamingo is one of the most carefree characters within the series, this is due from his traumatic experience when he was a child. Doflamingo always smiles even in the most dangerous and fatal situations, such as the Whitebeard War, even laughing at the blood, gore, and suspense, even the power of Whitebeard's Devil Fruit, to which he laughed when the latter tilt all of Marineford and a good portion of the ocean. Doflamingo has a complete and utter lack of fear and doubt, going as far as to rob the World Nobles of their tributes, so he could blackmail the government, even after the Battle of Marineford, he would continue to maintain his confident smile while everything was under control.
- Cold Fury: Despite smiling all the time and his relaxed attitude, Doflamingo gets extremely angry given his production of SAD and his status as king of Dressrosa, such as when Law defeated Vergo, destroyed the SAD supply, captured Caesar, and used that to threaten Doflamingo into abdicating his position as a Shichibukai, and losing control over Dressrosa, he succumbed to fear, despair and fury, he keeps smiling and decided to just laugh everything off. Even in the most upbeat battles regarding his childhood memory and desire to become immortal, Doflamingo would use psychology, and given his power, he retains his trademark smile, he even stated the reason he keeps smiling is that he couldn't get any madder.
He ate the Ito Ito no Mi (String-String fruit) which was given by Trebol that allowed him to control and manipulate strings. Using his "Parasite" technique it allows him to control other people no matter how they resist and would usually use it when he wants the victims to fight against each other. He is shown to be able to slice objects as he slices off Oars Jr.'s leg in one swift motion. He is able to create clones of himself called Black Knight which could be mistaken to be the real Doflamingo. His mastery in the fruit was so great he manages to achieve a rare power called the "awakening" in which he is able to turn the ground and buildings around him into string which is useful in offense and defense.
Doflamingo possesses two types of Haki: Busoshoku and Haoshoku. His first demonstration was when first seen when he attacked the marines on Punk Hazard.
Doflamingo is one of the few people who possess this type of Haki, he is first shown when he first arrived on Punk Hazard and immediately knocked out the marines present. As a child, Doflamingo first awoke it when he and his family were being tortured and he unconsciously used it to save himself while swearing revenge. Doflamingo possession of this Haki is what caused his future elite officers to swear their allegiance to him and treat him like royalty.
Doflamingo possession of this was first shown when he imbued them into his strings to seriously injure Smoker, a logia devil fruit user. Doflamingo displayed it again on Dressrosa, when Luffy attempted to attack him and he used it to protect himself from a gear second Luffy.
- Doflamingo is one of the few characters in which his devil fruit abilities is revealed but is then named many arcs later after its introduction.
- Doflamingo had the highest known bounty in the series at 340,000,000 berries in the pre-time skip until the post-time skip where it was revealed that Portgas D. Ace had a bounty of 550,000,000 berries in the One Piece 15th Anniversary: Dive to Grand World minibook.
- Doflamingo is the main antagonist of the longest story arc in the series, the Dressrosa Arc, which lasted 102 chapters in the manga and 118 episodes in the anime.
- Despite always wearing sunglasses to cover his eyes most of the time, Doflamingo's right eye was only seen twice in a flashback when he woke up from a nightmare and a second time when Luffy knocked him unconscious with his Kong Gun technique in their battle. Doflamingo's left eye has not been shown.