This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||The end of your world is the beginning of mine.||„|
|~ Von Doom|
Victor von Doom a.k.a Doctor Doom is the sole main antagonist of the 2015 movie Fantastic Four.
The Fantastic Four
Early in the film, 28 year old Victor creates the "Quantum Gate" for Professor Franklin Storm in the Baxter Facility. When he, Reed Richards, Ben Grimm & Johnny Storm enter the Quantum Gate, it teleports them to Planet Zero, a planet full of dying substances. While Victor was collecting substances there, the planet collapsed, leaving Victor presmed deceased.
One year later, Reed, Ben, Johnny and his sister Sue gain abilities after the Quantum Gate explodes. Victor survives his presumed death and is found by the explorers of Dr. Allen (the Baxter Facility's supervisor) and Reed. He is rescued, but believes he has to destroy the human race in order to create a revamped Planet Zero in his prespective. He wreaks havoc in a base and escapes to build a portal that will destroy the Earth. However, he is confronted by Reed, Ben, Johnny & Sue and is punched in the portal beam by Ben, disintegrating him.
- This is the youngest film portrayal of Doom and the third live-action adaptation of the character thus far.
- The first live action portrayal of Doom was in The Fantastic Four (1994), where he was played by Joseph Culp.
- The second live action portrayal of Doom was in Fantastic Four (2005) & Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, where he was played by Julian McMahon.
- During filming, the character's original name was going to be Victor Domashev.
- This portrayal of Doom was the most criticized in the series.