Draygon is a major antagonist and boss in Super Metroid, being a huge grotesque crustaceous-like creature.
Samus Aran battles this creature in the watery wastelands of Maridia. Being a large sea dwelling beast, Draygon's weakness is both electricity and has the sweet spot on its stomach, as it has a large crustaceous shell covering every part of its body but that. Defeating the water beast causes Evir to appear and bury Draygon into the sand. A room opens up that rewards Samus with the Space Jump ability.
- It is assumed that, despite appearing as an amoral mindless animal, Draygon is an intelligent high-ranking space pirate like Ridley and Kraid.
- The player guide of Super Metroid refers to Draygon as a mutant reptile.
- How most Super Metroid faced creatures have growls taken from Godzilla films, Draygon's yell is similar to that of Anguirus.
- Draygon is the only one of the five main bosses in Super Metroid that only appeared in that game.
- In the demo of Metroid Prime, Draygon's sprite can be seen in the scan description for the Parasite Queen.
- If Samus can activate the Speed Booster before or during Draygon's battle, performing a Shinespark into Draygon's stomach will kill it in one hit.