|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Joke!? Joke?! Eddie never jokes, Eddie needs to be taken seriously. They laughed at him once, but you can't laugh without a tongue. You can't point if you haven't got fingers, can you? That's what daddy told me, late at night. In my room.||„|
|~ Eddie Low to Niko Bellic during their first encounter.|
|“||Niko: You should get laid or something.
Eddie Low: Oh, I just did... a little jogger down by the water. But you know what, handsome, I've got a hunger tonight that can't be sated. Come here!
|~ Eddie Low before trying to kill Niko Bellic.|
Eddie Low is a random character who appears in Grand Theft Auto IV. He is a perverted and insane serial killer operating in Liberty City. The player encounters him on two occasions as Niko Bellic, who assists him, but later kills him when Eddie turns on him.
He was voiced by Victor Verhaeghe.
His early life is given to Niko through Eddie Low, where he claims he was abused as a child by his father, and was a strange kid when growing up, attempting to molest and sexually abuse other kids.
Throughout Grand Theft Auto IV, Eddie Low's crimes are reported on the radio, although the police are unaware of his true identity, and are unable to come up with a nickname for him. His crimes include murdering and beheading joggers. He also has an online blog which details his insanity, although he unsurprisingly doesn't have any followers.
When his random encounter can be unlocked, Niko Bellic first comes across Eddie when he asks him to help him dump a duffel bag (which contains the head of a jogger). Niko reluctantly agrees, not knowing what's inside the bag, and Eddie sees Niko as a friend and begins to share some of his disturbing fetishes, which freaks Niko out. After Eddie dumps the bag in the docks, Niko drops him off and leaves.
Sometime later, Niko encounters Eddie once again, when Eddie is lurking in a dark alley. Niko is taking aback by Eddie's disturbing comments, such as when Eddie asks Niko if he wants to be spanked. When Niko tells Eddie to fuck off and that he's "not cool", Eddie goes into rage and tells him how he brutally murdered children. Then he attempts to kill Niko with a knife, but Niko kills him in self defense and gets away. Eddie's body is later found and identified, and he is tied to the murders.
Eddie is a strange man to say the very least, often referring to himself in third person. He shows to be oddly friendly towards Niko Bellic, yet also uncomfortably (and unwisely) open about his disturbing fetishes. While his actions are never shown onscreen, Eddie is a serial killer who preys on innocent people and performs grisly acts with his victims. He is also a sexual predator who appears to have pedophiliac and necrophiliac interests and tendencies. It seems like Eddie's behavior comes from when he was very young, abuse that stemmed from his family (his father in particular) might have caused or contributed to his insanity.
Despite all this, it does seem that a part of Eddie does want a friend, which is seen when he pleads with Niko not to leave when the latter chooses to walk away from him. This shows that Eddie might just want someone who understands him, although despite his moments of trying to convey some kind of sentiment, Eddie still tries to kill Niko after caving in to his murderous urges.
- Eddie Low's father - Killed by Eddie, mentioned.
- Red-headed child - Killed by Eddie, mentioned.
- Eddie Low's brother - Killed by Eddie, mentioned.
- Eddie Low's mother - Accidentally killed by Eddie when he held her head underneath sand.
- Unknown woman - Killed by Eddie in an unknown manner, body shown on a news site.
- Unknown person - Killed by Eddie in Dukes, mentioned on radio.
- Unknown person - Killed by Eddie, mentioned on radio.
- Unknown jogger - Decapitated by Eddie in Alderney, mentioned on radio.
- Thirty-two year old jogger - Decapitated by Eddie in Alderney, mentioned on radio.
- Unknown man - Limbs stolen by Eddie in Dukes, mentioned on radio.
- Unknown person - Decapitated by Eddie with note left saying "I've struck again!", mentioned on radio.
- Unknown person - Killed by Eddie Low off-screen, severed head in his bag during first encounter.
- Mrs. Smith's son - Strangled to death by Eddie, mentioned.
- Mrs. Abraham's daughter - Disemboweled by Eddie, mentioned.
- Eddie Low might be based off an 18th century pirate of the same name who killed and tortured whomever he wanted on a whim.
- Eddie owns a cat named "Boo Boo Wilkins" which he fed casseroles implied to be made of human flesh. He insists however that he'd never do anything to hurt him.
- If the player manages to disarm Eddie, he'll run away. If he escapes, a unique failed mission message appears: "Eddie Low is still out there, waiting..." and the player can still encounter him again, but he will already be hostile with no cut-scene playing beforehand.
- In GTA V, a reference is made to Eddie on Trevor Philips' CB Radio when a truck driver with the same name is talking with a security guard and he says he's unrelated to Eddie Low, the serial killer, but the guard still refuses to let him pass.
- It is revealed on his blog that he pickpockets businessmen by cutting their pockets open and taking their wallets. This is how he paid Niko 500$ for driving him to Westminster.
- A running gag in Weazel News reports about Eddie's murders is the LCPD being more focused on coming up with a nickname for Eddie than actually catching him, but being unable to do so due to Eddie constantly changing his Modus Operandi.
- Besides the player characters, Eddie Low has the highest number of confirmed kills out of any other character in the GTA IV trilogy.
- Eddie Low - Grand Theft Auto Wiki