This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
He was voiced by Larry Cedar.
Edward Wade was born in South Dakota, the same place of birth of Blake Dexter. The two were not friends until their adulthood. In some point of his life, Wade became a mercenary, gaining his reputation as a heartless murderer who will kill any possible witness he can find. He worked with Colombian cartels for some time, gaining the friendship of Blake Dexter.
In 2012, Dexter learns about Victoria. and what she really is and is capable of, and desires to go find her. After learning of her location in a church/orphanage in Chicago, he meets with his boss and his other minions, told that together he and his goons will make thirty-five thousand dollars when all is said and done. Arriving in Chicago, Edward Wade kills countless nuns and security personnel to find and kidnap Victoria. After shooting his way through his gang, Agent 47 has the option to either through a sneak attack or in a shootout.
Either way, after 47 deals with Wade, he finds a matchbook from the town of Hope, South Dakota in Wade's pocket and then leaves him to slowly bleed to death.
Edward Wade is a complete psychopath and sadist who has no care for others except the ones who think like him or act like him. Edward Wade is not only completely deranged in his habits of killing anyone unlucky enough to bump into him in his missions, but is also a necrophile, threatening to please himself with Agent 47's corpse if he manages to kill him.
He's also abusive towards the mentally challenged Lenny Dexter, referring to him as "Limp-Dick Lenny" and forcing him to kill a nun, then mocking him when he's shocked that he actually killed her since he did it accidentally. It's also implied he would have killed children, as he didn't know that the children were on a field trip when he massacred the orphanage. He's also likely a sadomasochist, as he gets an erection when 47 kills him.
- Despite being a major part in the story of Hitman: Absolution, Wade only appears in the outro cut-screen of "Hunter and Hunted" and in the middle and end cut-scene of the level "Rosewood".
- Wade's car is a customized 1950 Mercury coupe.
- Wade can be seen as an evil counterpart to Agent 47. Agent 47 is a more honorable hitman who (canonical) only kills targets on the contract and will not kill those whom he trusts (like Diana) and those who had nothing to do with his mission unless it's absolutely necessary. Wade, however, is a much more sadistic and cruel killer, who would happily kill innocent people on his way to fulfill his contract, simply for thrills, and he would commit even more horrid crimes (such as rape) on his victims, of which 47 would never commit.
- It was also implied that 47 himself was also utterly disgusted by Wade's action, judging by 47's furious expression and words of sarcasm before he left a mortally wounded Wade to perish.
- He is considered to be one of the most evil and depraved targets in the entire series, due to his sadism and his relish in mass murder and rape.