|Jafar says: Read my lips and come to grips with the reality!|
|“||No, Buzz... I am your father.||„|
|~ Emperor Zurg, parodying a very famous scene|
|“||We meet again, Buzz Lightyear, ...FOR THE LAST TIME!||„|
|~ Zurg's quote before he repeatedly fails to kill Buzz Lightyear|
Emperor Zurg is the tertiary antagonist of Toy Story 2 and the main antagonist of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. He appears in the video game Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue and Toy Story 3: The Video Game as a boss.
He is the Main antagonist in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
Toy Story 2
When the real Buzz Lightyear was trying to get out of Al's Toy Barn, he knocked Zurg's selling box over and Zurg broke free. Zurg then followed Buzz to Al's Apartment, where he encounters both Buzzes. Then a fight takes place on top of the elevator. Zurg grabbed Buzz 2 by his neck and told him that he was his father even though Buzz 2 said that Zurg killed his father.
Rex, who was too scared to watch anymore turns away, but his large tail hits Zurg sending him falling down the elevator shaft. After Zurg somehow survived his fall, he later finds the other Buzz again and spends time with his "son".
Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue
In the video game based off the film of the same name, Zurg appears as one of the game's bosses.
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
In the series he Rules an empire on Planet Z, and wants to rule the entire galaxy while destroying Star Command. Emperor Zurg considers Buzz his arch-enemy and often takes any opportunity to eliminate him. Most of his subjects are robots. His feet double as rockets and he can transform his arms into a variety of weapons. Despite often breaking the seriousness of otherwise purely evil statements, Zurg is widely considered the most evil person in the galaxy, especially by the other villains. He seems to have some neuroses about being touched. In some episodes is shown being comical. The episode War, and Peace and War was notably the only episode where Zurg teamed up with Buzz Lightyear to defeat the Heed, a common enemy that was trying to take over their galaxy. In Stranger Invasion, he revealed himself to be Buzz's father (a parody upon The Empire Strikes Back and a nearly identical scene in Toy Story 2), but quickly took it back, using the statement as a 'Made You Look' to stun Buzz and gain the upper hand.
- Grubs (voiced by Frank Welker) - Zurg's equivalents to the LGMs of Star Command (though far less competent). They perform mechanical and technical duties. The Grubs work for Zurg against their will and also desire freedom, but many of them are simply too afraid to try to defect.
- Brain Pods (Various Voices for each one) - Cybernetic brains in mobile jars, who serve Zurg as scientists and researchers. Although they take pride in their creations, they secretly harbor a desire to escape from Zurg's control (two of which are shown succeeding in doing so on-screen).
- Hornets - The Hornets are Zurg's robotic foot soldiers, extremely expendable, lousy shots and always get vaporized in mass numbers by Lightyear's team. Hornets come in different models, but the most frequently seen are yellow and of average height.
- It is implied that Zurg is the equivalent to Darth Vader, with Buzz Lightyear the equivalent to Luke Skywalker, somewhat like a parody of Star Wars.
- Zurg has a short appearance in Toy Story 3. He appears during the credits. It's shown he is donated to Sunnyside Daycare Center. It is currently stated that this Zurg is a different one from the second movie.
- He is commonly mistaken as either the main, or secondary antagonist. However, Al and Stinky Pete are the main and secondary antagonists, since Zurg only makes a few appearances throughout the movie.