|“||Equipped with the latest Zomboss do-it-yourself gear, the Engineer is ready and able to master the art of building stuff - what it does after he builds it is lost on him.||„|
|~ Engineer's stickerbook description.|
The Engineer is one of the secondary antagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He is an undead engineer who takes parts in fighting plants.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
The Engineer appeared in the Garden Warfare series as a playable character on the Zombies' side. His primary weapon is Concrete Launcher.
In Battle for Neighborville, he is a playable character of Support class. Additionally, all of his old abilities were replaced with the new ones.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
The Engineer returned in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes as four separate zombie cards:
Zombot Drone Engineer
|“||He's not entirely sure how to fly this thing.||„|
|~ Zombot Drone Engineer's card description.|
Zombot Drone Engineer is a Mustache Science Zombie card of Brainy class. He costs 2, with his rarity is Premium - Uncommon. Zombot Drone Engineer's traits are Gravestone (he hides in a gravestone until it's time for tricks), and his strengths and healths are 1/4. When either he or another science zombie deals damages, that zombie's strength gets increased by 1.
|“||He charges for the full hour.||„|
|~ Electrician's description.|
The electrician is a Mustache Science Zombie card of Brainy class. He costs 3, with his rarity is Premium - Super Rare. Electrician's trait is Gravestone (he hides in a gravestone until it's time for tricks). Both of his strength and health are 2. When being revealed, either him or another zombie does a bonus attack
|“|| Likes: Plumbing and adventure sports.|
|~ Bungee Plumber's card description.|
Bungee Plumber is a Professional Mustache trick card of Crazy Class, which is based on the Plumber, one of the Engineer's variant. The card costs 1, and its rarity is Basic - Common. When played, the Plumber drops down and deal with 2 damages to either a plant or the Plant Hero.
|“||If barren rock and wilted Plants are what you want, he's the landscaper for the job.||„|
|~ Landscaper's card description.|
The landscaper is a Professional Mustache Zombie card of Heart Class, which is based on the Engineer's variant with the same name. He costs 3, and his rarity is Premium - Super Rare. Landscaper's trait is Gravestone (he hides in a gravestone until it's time for tricks). Both of his strength and health are 2. When revealed, he reduces a plant's strength and health by 2.
- Sanitation Expert
- Roadie Z
- AC Perry
Powers and Abilities
- Gunsmanship: Engineer can use his Concrete Launcher very well, a weapon that shoots out concretes can deal splash damages to plants.
- Sonic Grenade: He can throw a grenade that stuns all plants in a small radius and forces all burrowed Chompers out of the ground.
- Proximity Sonic Mine: A landmine that can stun all plants five seconds when they are close to it, and like its predecessor, it forces all burrowed Chompers out of the ground.
- Big Bolt Blaster: He can rapidly fire multiple bolts from this kind of weapon.
- Bedazzled Bolt Blaster: It is a reskinned version of the Big Bolt Blaster.
- Jackhammer: A jackhammer that allows Engineers to travel faster.
- Turbo Jackhammer: An upgraded version of the jackhammer, it can travel faster but last in a shorter amount of time.
- Bullhorn Swarm: He can deploy a group of megaphones that can stun plants and burrowed chompers.
- Heavy Helper: He can summon a turret that can buff weapons of allies nearby.
- Double Time : He can deploy a speed boost pad.
The Zombot Drone is one of the abilities for the Engineer. It is a drone that flies and attacks plants with the Zombot Laser.
A variant of it is the Rocket Drone, a drone with higher health. It can drop a cone that deals 25 damages in a targeted radius.
Powers and Abilities
- Flight: The Drone can fly at different heights.
- Cone Strike: It can drop explosive cones that deal with damages to plants in a targeted radius.
Plants vs. Zombies comics
Engineer appeared in the Garden Warfare comics as one of the supporting antagonists who take parts in fighting plants.
- The engineer has a visible butt crack in the back. However, the only variants who do not have it are Welder and Landscaper.
- In the comic, he is always referred to as Gene Error by Dr. Zomboss, which means his real name could be Gene, although it has yet to be confirmed.
- The name Gene Error was used for his NPC variant in Garden Warfare 2.