|“||Equipped with the latest Zomboss do-it-yourself gear, the Engineer is ready and able to master the art of building stuff - what it does after he builds it is lost on him.||„|
|~ Engineer's stickerbook description.|
The Engineer is one of the secondary antagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He is an undead engineer who takes part in fighting plants.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
The Engineer appeared in the Garden Warfare series as a playable character on the Zombies' side. His primary weapon is the Concrete Launcher.
In Battle for Neighborville, he is a playable character of the Support class. Additionally, all of his old abilities were replaced with the new ones.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
The Engineer returned in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes as four separate zombie cards:
Zombot Drone Engineer
|“||He's not entirely sure how to fly this thing.||„|
|~ Zombot Drone Engineer's card description.|
|“||He charges for the full hour.||„|
|~ Electrician's description.|
|“|| Likes: Plumbing and adventure sports.|
|~ Bungee Plumber's card description.|
|“||If barren rock and wilted Plants are what you want, he's the landscaper for the job.||„|
|~ Landscaper's card description.|
- Sanitation Expert
- Roadie Z
- AC Perry
Powers and Abilities
- Concrete Laucnher: It is a weapon that shoots out explosive balls of concrete that can deal splash damage to plants.
- Sonic Grenade: He can throw a grenade that stuns all plants in a small radius and forces all burrowed Chompers out of the ground.
- Proximity Sonic Mine: A landmine that can stun all plants for five seconds when they get too close to it and like its predecessor, it forces all burrowed Chompers out of the ground.
- Big Bolt Blaster: A mounted machine gun that can rapidly fire multiple bolts from it to deal massive damage.
- Bedazzled Bolt Blaster: It is a bling version of the Big Bolt Blaster.
- Jackhammer: A jackhammer that allows Engineers to travel faster, as well as making inmune to Chomper's burrow.
- Turbo Jackhammer: An upgraded version of the jackhammer, it can travel faster but lasts for a shorter amount of time. this also makes him inmune to Chomper's burrow
- Bullhorn Swarm: He can deploy a swarm of flating horns that can chase and stun nearby plants and can force burrowed Chompers out of the ground.
- Heavy Helper: He can deploy a turret that can buff nearby allies by making them shoot faster as well as periodically refilling part of their ammo, as well as shooting at nearby plants.
- Double Time : He can deploy a pad that can give him and his teammates a temporary speedboost.
The Zombot Drone is one of the abilities for the Engineer. It is a drone that flies and attacks plants with the Zombot Laser.
A variant of it is the Rocket Drone, a drone with higher health and higer speed, its main weapon is the Mean Beam, a laser beam that deals continous damage. It can drop a cone that deals 25 up to damage in a small radius.
Powers and Abilities
- Flight: The Drone can fly around the map at the engineer's own wishes.
- Cone Strike: It can summon an airstrike of explosive cones that deals massive damage to plants in their radius.
Plants vs. Zombies comics
Engineer appeared in the Garden Warfare comics as one of the supporting antagonists who take parts in fighting plants.
- The engineer has a visible butt crack in the back. However, the only variants who do not have it are Welder and Landscaper.
- In the comic, he is always referred to as Gene Error by Dr. Zomboss, which means his real name could be Gene, although it has yet to be confirmed.
- The name Gene Error was used for an NPC in Garden Warfare 2.