|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|~ Soders' last words if he recognizes Agent 47, being scared to death as a result.|
Erich Soders is the secondary antagonist of HITMAN (2016). He served as the main antagonist of the final main mission Situs Inversus.
He is voiced by William Salyers, who also voiced Rigby from Regular Show.
Little is known of Erich Soder's life before he became an assassin for the ICA. Considered the ICA's top agent, his Magnus opus was the assassination of rogue chess master Jasper Knight. Alas, Soders was forced into retirement by a congenital heart condition.
A friend of her parents, Soders recruited Diana Burnwood into the ICA. Soon after, he was promoted to Senior Supervisor before finally being promoted to a board director.
In 1999, Erich Soders oversaw the training of Agent 47, then an initiate to the ICA. Jealous of Agent 47's skills, he increased security on his final test, but was forced to accept Agent 47 in.
In 2019, Soders, suffering from his heart condition again, agreed to betray the ICA for Providence. Sending the ICA after the Shadow Client, he fast-tracked himself to the GAMA facility in hopes of getting a right-sided heart.
Once the ICA's best assassin, Soders became an angry, petty man, bitter at his forced retirement. He purposely amped up the difficulty on Agent 47's Final Test, hoping that Agent 47 would fail. He was also treacherous, selling out his own agency to save his own skin. This turned out to be his undoing, as Soders, now a weak and pathetic shell of his former self was forced to watch as his superior successor ended his miserable life.
- Most of the death sequences of Soders' death can be considered as some of the most violent deaths in the entire series. Most notably, Agent 47 could temper with KAI and made Soders died either from being stabbed repeatedly by scalpels, having Soders' blood extracted from his heart, poisoning Soders with contaminated stem cells, destroying Soders' backup heart to make him die of his illness, or just walking to him directly (without disguises) and making him be scared him to death. This is probably due to Agent 47's anger with Soders for his treachery.
- Soders could be considered the final boss of the first game, as he is the most personal foe to Agent 47 in the game.
- Soders is likened to a spider, as shown by his treasonous nature and the machine he is lying on top of. Ironically, Soders can have the blood drained out from him while paralyzed, a way spiders kill their prey.
- Soders is the second target that can be killed by another person and the first target who can be killed by an NPC. While Jordan Cross can kill Ken Morgan in a fit of rage, Soders can be killed by his surgeon after revealing his involvement in the surgeon's father's assassination.
- There is a fan theory that Soders is the Mystery Man from Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.