|“||Oh no, Evil Virus Gideon.
That seems a bit harsh. How about 'misunderstood Gideon who's just trying to keep the timeline intact'?
By killing us.
'Evil Gideon' it is.
|~ The Legends deciding on Evil Gideon's nickname.|
Evil Gideon is the final antagonist in the TV series, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, serving as the main antagonist of Season 7. She is an evil version of Gideon who created robot duplicates of the Legends to hunt them down and works with the younger Bishop to help her.
Like her heroic counterpart, she is portrayed by Amy Pemberton.
To be further added...
Originally she was the same 2020 contemporary Gideon, being kind and very human in personality; thanks to all the kookiness she had been through with her surrogate family. But Bishop erased all memory of her time with the Legends and Rip Hunter, to bypass all her security programs.
As an artificial intelligence designed by the Time Masters, Gideon is wary of every change to the timeline and its potential disastrous consequences. When Bishop failed to acknowledge the aberrations he created, she pushed him to bring the timeline back to normal, and tried to re-establish the Time Masters, starting with him. Gideon also has a dark side to herself; she caused the death of the assistant Ava as she was a distraction to her "master". After Bishop abandoned the Waverider, Gideon created her own versions of the Legends, who proceeded to kill Bishop without a second thought.
- Robot Physiology: After downloading her consciousness into an android body, Gideon possessed a series of abilities.
- Forcefield generation: Gideon was able to generate a forcefield shield to defend herself from Astra Logue's blast.
- Regenerative healing factor: One of Gideon's upgrades to her androids, Gideon could heal from any form of injuries within seconds.
- Superhuman Durability: With a metallic shell and core, Gideon was able to withstand bullet shots to her body.
- Immunity to magic: As seen when fighting Astra Logue, due to Gideon's physiology, Astra's magic blast didn't work.
- Time drive: The component the enables the Waverider to travel through time via the temporal zone.
- Knowledge of the timeline: Gideon has a vast knowledge of the timeline through her temporal database.
- Artificial intelligence: Gideon has the ability to make moves and think herself for making commands and thinking as much as a human. Gideon also had the ability to control over the Waverider, perhaps because she had overall access to it.
- Paradox: When human Gideon destroyed her mainframe, the Waverider was exposed to individuals in 1916 and created a time anomaly. "Computer" Gideon then flew the Waverider into the Temporal Zone and self-destructed herself.
- Shutdown Code: By entering 2!M536RΔ, Gideon would be deactivated from the Waverider system.
- Protocol 267: Protocol 276 dictates that under no condition can Gideon self-destruct, inhibiting her ability to kill her human counterpart.