|“||This has gone too far. The ducks almost cost us the world today. And without the world, who would we larceny against? The pieces are finally in place. Time to come out of the shadows, take control and end Clan McDuck. If the McDuck family wants an adventure... we'll give them their last.||„|
|~ Director Bradford Buzzard to F.O.W.L. about their plan to destroy the McDuck family in the 2017 reboot.|
The Fiendish Organization for World Larceny (formerly known as the Foreign Organization for World Larceny), better known as FOWL (sometimes spelled "F.O.W.L."), is a major antagonistic faction in DuckTales, appearing as the secondary antagonistic faction in Darkwing Duck, and the overall main antagonistic faction of the DuckTales reboot. It is a global criminal organization bent on world domination and mostly serves an antagonistic role towards Scrooge McDuck and Darkwing Duck across various Disney media.
FOWL was created by Dr. Nogood, but after his demise, it was led by the High Command.
The organization is the biggest revived headache of SHUSH and Darkwing Duck has several of its agents in his rogue gallery for either his intended target or agents he helped arresting.
A flashback in 1960s London during a "From the Confidential Case Files of Agent 22!". A younger Beakley is Agent 22 of the S.H.U.S.H. agency and assigned to a case to retrieve a page from the Book of Castle Dunwyn before the chemist-turned-F.O.W.L. agent Black Heron does. But since the page is being auctioned at an exclusive high-class event, Director Ludwig Von Drake assigns Beakley with freelance operative Scrooge to attend it. Director Von Drake gives Scrooge an Action Cane P.P.K. equipped with spy gadgets, with Scrooge accidentally activating the knock-out gas feature.
In order to help Scrooge, Beakley unbinds her wrists, drank the juice, and escaped to find the missing page nearby. After memorizing the formula, Beakley tore it up. Heron attempted to attack her, but the scuffle mixed several chemicals together and started a fire that costed Heron her arm. Scrooge and Beakley escaped, and Beakley decided to stick with Scrooge.
FOWL was first mentioned by Scrooge McDuck during "The Shadow War!".
Conquer the Duck Family McDuck and Universe
|“||You're little adventure fantasy is coming to an end McDuck!||„|
|~ Bradford to Scrooge McDuck and the family.|
F.O.W.L.'s leadership lies in the hands of the shadowy High Command, a trinity whose identities are carefully kept secret. They run the organization mercilessly in regards to any victims of their schemes as well as their mind control own agents if their boasts and paycheck outdo their deeds universe.
To Get the Treasure
|“||Then the race is on.||„|
|~ Bradford to conquer them.|
Meanwhile, a small mosquito that was bothering Donald throughout the episode, turns out to be a mechanical one that is being used by the organization F.O.W.L. to spy on the family and universe.
Destroy World and Universe
Underneath the Funzone, F.O.W.L. is keeping a close eye on the Duck family with Black Heron and Steelbeak plotting to take them out. Black Heron plans to use an intelligence ray on Scrooge so that he can be dumber, having tested the opposite effect on a couple of chipmunks and two mice to make them smarter.
Meanwhile, Bradford Buzzard brings Steelbeak and a returned to normal Black Heron back to his base. He angrily berates the two for their failure and tells them that he wants no more rays and that they will have to attack Scrooge with more cunning than usual.
FOWL to get Phantom Blot to destroy Scrooge and Family and the universe.
Battle the Brainwashing agent
He is confronted by Bradford Buzzard of F.O.W.L. who is upset over Taurus's over the top use for the Ramrod as he wants to keep things discreet with the McDuck family. Taurus captures him and has him imprisoned as well and orders the villains to make themselves known in the city.
After escaping Bushroot, they find the Ramrod and discover where Scrooge is. At this point, the triplets deduce that Bradford is working with F.O.W.L., but he tosses the three into the same dimension as Scrooge.
Bradford escapes thanks to Black Heron, but everyone spots that he is in a F.O.W.L. helicopter with Scrooge realizing that his greatest enemy has returned.
Meet the F.O.W.L. and the agent Brainwashing
With F.O.W.L. at their heels, Scrooge tests out the Money Bin’s new security system on Louie and Della, while Beakley and Webby train the others for an enemy.
Somewhere in the shadows, a man
|List of Appearances|
- Dr. Nogood: The former head of FOWL, and also its founder. After a plan to render all the money in the world worthless, he dies after falling into a vat of chemicals.
- The High Command: They take the command of FOWL after Nogood's demise. Nobody knows who or where they are, as they are always lurking in the shadows. They send missions to his agents by video. In the 2017 DuckTales reboot, the High Command is comprised of the Buzzard Brothers (Bradford, Bentley and Buford), Scrooge McDuck's Board of Directors.
- Black Heron: An old enemy of Mrs. Beakley. She has twice tried to seek the secret of the Gummiberry Juice, but was foiled every time by Scrooge McDuck, Beakley, and recently Beakley's granddaughter Webby Vanderquack.
- Steelbeak: FOWL's top agent. He has liberty to do whathever he wants, even having his own personal henchmen known as Eggmen. His past is unknown, as well as how he got his beak of steel. In the 2017 version of Ducktales, Steelbeak is more dumb rather than smart. He plans to destroy Duckberg. Launchpad and Dewey stopped him.
- Ammonia Pine: A janitor from a research lab, after smelling a experimental disinfectant became over-obsessed with cleaning. Has a huge cleaning machine created by herself.
- Ample Grime: Sister of Ammonia, and the complete opposite of her, as she loves dirt.
- Major Synapse: Was demoted by the High Command after sending troops into a volcano, and put in charge of the psychic division, with two stupid hippies under him as a punishment. After stealing the Norma Ray, he turned the two hippies into supervillains, and he himself became a giant floating brain.
- Oddduck: Dr. Nogood's personal henchman. Can catch bullets in the air with his beak.
- Bruno Von Beak and Feathers Galore: Couple of agents hired to kill Launchpad McQuack. Feathers ended up betraying FOWL.
- Gandra Dee: An independent scientist who does not kiss up to millionaires. She is Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera's love interest and used to work for Mark Beaks.
- The Phantom Blot: An enigmatic individual who was disguised as the Funso's Fun Zone mascot.
- John D. Rockerduck and Jeeves: A wealthy robber baron and his bodyguard, who in the 1930's tried to rob towns like Gumption of their resources, but were foiled by Scrooge McDuck. In the present, Rockerduck has been preserved in ice, whereas Jeeves has been transformed and augmented with cybernetics into a Frankenstein's Monster-like being.
- Taurus Bulba
- Don Karnage
- Dr. Nogood - Founder / Agent / Deceased / Defected / Former
- The High Command - Founder / Emperor / Temporarily / Former / Owner of the Empire the Glove
Brainwashing with the Agents
- Ammonia Pine
- Major Synapse
- Bruno Von Beak and Feathers Galore
- Gandra Dee (formerly)
- The Phantom Blot
- Black Heron
- Morris Beagleman (formerly; defected)
- John D. Rockerduck
- Taurus Bulba (fomerly)
- Don Karnage
- F.O.W.L. is another in a long fiction tradition of secret organizations with names that are acronyms designed for the word that the letters form rather than acronyms that form naturally.
- F..O.W.L.'s refers to "Fowl", which is a term for specific birds such as chickens or ducks (the latter of which both shows F.O.W.L. is involved in are based on). But it can also refer to "foul", which can either mean bad or evil.
- Specific inspiration sources for F.O.W.L. may have been SPECTRE and KAOS. Also, reboot's FOWL's foundation is similar to MCU version of HYDRA, since both of organizations were founded in belief that world should be conquered to be safe.