Farley, also better called Farley the Fox, is the main antagonist of Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure. He is a wicked and sinister red fox who is responsible for the loss of many chickens and eggs from various farms. He is Wilbur's arch-nemesis.
Farley is first seen near the beginning spying on the farm. He stalks a gosling in some crops. As the gosling approaches him, he prepares to eat him, but Wilbur stops him and carries him back to his mother, leaving a frustrated Farley to steal an egg from the henhouse offscreen.
He later sings "It's Good to Be Me" before returning to the farm to steal another hen. He sneaks into the henhouse and steals a hen. Wilbur (mistaken for a wild pig) comes in to confront him, but Farley scares him and flees the scene. Wilbur is then blamed for stealing the hen because of his wildish appearance.
Later, he comes back for another hen but is frustrated to learn that the farmers have completely fixed the fence to the henhouse. However, he then lays his eyes on Cardigan and steals him offscreen, for which Wilbur is also blamed. In his den, which is beneath an abandoned farmhouse, he sadistically taunts Cardigan as he plans to eat him. As he prepares to do so, Cardigan kicks him and tries to escape, but Farley stops him. As he is about to finish off Cardigan, Bessie and Templeton distract him. A chase has ensued between Farley and Templeton before Wilbur and Bessie catch him in a "pig web" (a cluster of ivy). Charlotte's daughters spin the word "FOX" in a spider web for the farmers to see and Fern arrives just in time to save Wilbur from being wrongfully killed by the farmers. The farmers soon find Farley trapped in the web, finding out that he was the real animal who stole the hen and Cardigan, and Farley is presumably disposed of.
- His overall appearance bears a resemblance similar to Niju from Balto II: Wolf Quest. The difference is whereas Niju is a brown wolf, Farley is a red fox.
- He also bears a similar appearance to Scar.
- Despite being the main antagonist, he only had 6 minutes of screen-time.
- Farley is also the sole antagonist in the film.
- It is unknown what happened to Farley afterwards, but it is likely possible that he either got out of the web, was put down (and possibly taken into taxidermy) by the farmers, or starved to death while stuck in the web.
- Unlike most characters in Charlotte's Web, Farley the Fox do not appear in the original 1973 cartoon version.