|“|| When the world is full of wyverns|
The legend is revived
Meat is eaten, Bone is crunched.
And blood is sucked up dry Fatalis
He burns the earth
And melts through iron
He boils the rivers
And mows down trees
He awakens the winds
And lights an inferno He is called Fatalis
The wyvern of destiny
He is called Fatalis
The wyvern of destruction
|~ Quote from the Legend of Fatalis|
Fatalis is the final antagonist in Monster Hunter. It is one of the three original Elder Dragons, the others being Lao-Shan Lung and Kirin. The first of the Fatalis brethren. Fatalis can be considered the main antagonist of the entire Monster Hunter series.
Fatalis is an ancient Elder dragon who has prowled the lands since ancient times. Many hunters have sought to challenge it and kill it, but none of them ever returned. Those whom have worn its armour start to slowly become mind-broken and possessed by the still-living dragon.
Fatalis is an elder dragon with a deep hatred of humans. Its hatred for humanity is so deep that it is said that it would burn thousands of hunters and melt their corpses into it's hide to make a suit of armor much like what humans do to monsters. Fatalis is also quick to lash out on other monsters who coexist with humans, and the area that they are located are always dark, barren, wastelands devoid of any life. It is a species that both man and monster alike fear.
- There are multiple species of Fatalis currently present in the series; Black, Crimson and White along with a variant of the Crimson Fatalis exclusive to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
- Minus the very first game on the PS2; Fatalis is always kept as a secret postgame boss locked behind certain requirements; never having any relevance to the plot of said game.
- Fatalis is responsible for wiping out Castle Schrade; making the entire region a barren wasteland that the dragon dominates.
- It is currently the only monster in Monster Hunter that is confirmed to be genuinely malicious as most other monsters are just animals with hyperbolic features and abilities; While the sapiency of elder dragons like Alatreon and Dire Miralis isn't made clear enough.
- Crimson Fatalis is a member of the species that has travelled to the volcano and inhabited it for a long period of time; its been hurt by the excessive heat as time passed on, making this variant of Fatalis more hostile and vicious than the original.
- White Fatalis is claimed to be the same Fatalis that was responsible for destroying Castle Schrade and retains blood red lightning instead of fire.