|“||Oh for the good old days. I use to be somebody around here, Monster Maker extraordiniare, now I'm just old and in the way.||„|
|~ Finister lamenting the past|
Finster is a scientist who worked for both Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd, but mostly Rita, and one of the four supporting antagonists of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, and a minor antagonist from Zeo and In Space.
He was voiced by Robert Axelrod, who also played Lord Zedd.
Finster was freed along with Rita after 10,000 years in imprisonment. He served the role of creating the monsters used to battle the Power Rangers, but after Zedd took control, he did this using his staff on objects from Earth. Finster also supplied wisdom to both Rita and Zedd and created new monsters and weapons for them. He gave Rita the idea of using Alpha 5 to "deliver the message of evil" as she put it. After Zedd and Rita were driven off the moon by the Machine Empire, Finster accompanied them to the M-51 galaxy. When they returned, he accompanied them and helped them in their efforts to overthrow the robotic empire and was responsible for giving Rita a new staff that she used to create the Impursonator monster. Finster also joined the two at the meeting of the United Alliance of Evil on the Cimmerian Planet. He aided in the universal invasion and wasn't seen during Zordon's energy wave so how he was effected was never confirmed. Finster may have been spared since he was not truly evil, but merely a wise servant and aid. Since Zedd and Rita were transformed into humans, he may too have been transformed into an incarnation of his genius.
Powers and Abilities
Finster is extremely knowledgeable and can create monsters by sculpting them out of clay, then placing them in a kiln/oven in his lab called the Monster-Matic, which brings them to life and grows them to human size.
- Even though Finster remained on the moon after Lord Zedd showed up, he didn't appear until "Two For One". Coincidentally, he didn't appear in the American footage until "The Mutiny Pt. 1".
- Finster's place of birth is given as Claydonius.
- Finster was described as "a smart alien who knew how to stay out of Rita's way, but was at the same time blinded by his devotion to her".
- His name is the German word for "dark".
- Finster's design appears to be based on that of a white Scottish terrier.
- His counterpart in the Super Sentai, Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, was Pleprechuan.