|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||The Snake takes that as your answer.||„|
|~ Flavius, moments before manipulating Bayek to kill his own son, Khemu.|
Flavius Metellus is the Roman proconsul of the pronce of Kyrenaika and an ally of Julius Caesar and one of the two main antagonists (the other being Lucius Septimius ) in Assassin's Creed Origins. He is also the leader of the Order of Ancients.
He was voiced by Julian Casey.
By 49BC, Flavius had joined the Order of the Ancients and had become its leader. That year, he, Septimius, Medunamun, Pothinus and Rudjek went to Siwa with an Apple of Eden, looking to open the vault in the Temple of Amun, which was an Isu vault. They questioned the people there, but the priests refused to help. Then, they decided to interrogate Bayek, the local Medjay. To do so, they had their soldiers capture Chenzira, a friend of Bayek's son, Khemu. Chenzira led the soldiers to where Bayek was, and defeated him in combat. Bayek awoke before the vault door, and he was interrogated. Medunamun showed Bayek the Apple, but he didn't know anything about the apple, so Flavius kicked Bayek in fury before being calmed down by Pothinus. Then, Pharaoh Ptolemy XIII decided to come to investigate what was going on. Flavius and several other accomplices distracted the Pharaoh. After Khemu gave his father a knife which allowed him to break free of his restraints, a brawl occurred between Bayek and the Order members. Bayek pinned down Flavius with the knife, but he simply sneered as he deflected the knife, which landed in Khemu's chest, killing him. Furious, Bayek went for Flavius, but he used te Apple to knock him unconscious.
A year later, in pursuit of Pompey, Flavius accompanied Julius Caesar to Alexandria. Ptolemy XIII greeted them, hoping to form an alliance. However, Bayek, Apollodorus and Aya, the latter hiding Cleopatra in a rug, interrupted the meeting. Ptolemy told his guards to kill them, but Flavius and his Roman soldiers fought back. Caesar wanted a meeting with Cleopatra alone, and he told Flavius, Bayek, Aya and Apollodorus to leave. The next day, Flavius entered the Tomb of Alexander the Great, and reported to Caesar that Septimius, the Gabiniani and Ptolemy's forces had attacked the Roman legions. Bayek and Aya went to rescue the emissaries, while Flavius stayed with Caesar, telling him of the Order. After the Battle of the Nile, Flavius used his Roman political power to bail out Septimius and offered him a position on par with Caesar. This caused Bayek and Aya to became infuriated. While Alexandria celebrated Cleopatra and Caesar, Flavius and Septimius went back into the Tomb of Alexander the Great and took his staff, which was also a Piece of Eden. However, in the tomb, they were confronted by Apollodorus. They wounded him and took the Apple off him.
Flavius and Septimius went back to Siwa, and used the Apple and Staff to incapacitate the Siwans. They had finally opened the vault. Flavius then went back to Cyrene, the capital of the Kyrenaikan province of which he was proconsul. Bayek tracked him to the city's Akropolis, and after a fierce battle, which showed Flavius' enhanced skills using the Apple (which included teleportation and illusions of fallen Order comrades), Bayek finally managed to defeat and kill him. In the Memory Corridor, Flavius showed no remorse in killing Khemu, and said after his death the Order and Caesar bowed to him. Khemu came, and after hugging his father, used a feather to finish off Flavius.
Equipment and Skills
- Political Leadership: He is a strong political and military leader and mastermind, having become the leader of the Order of the Ancients due to his cruel doings.
- Political Influence: e was also able to use his influence upon Caesar to spare Lucius Septimius, despite the fact that Septimius had murdered Pompey, Caesar's former ally and friend.
- Martial Artist: He is also a skilled swordsman and hand-to-hand combatant, being able to engage Bayek and utilise the Apple of Eden accordingly in combat.
- Occult Knowledge: Like all the members of the Order of the Ancients, Flavius was well aware of the occult and the existence of the Isu, something the people of his time were not aware of. He even knew the location of the Siwa Vault as well as the Staves of Eden that once belonged to Alexander the Great.
- Apple of Eden: Upon possessing the Bayek's Apple of Eden, he displayed a number of miraculous abilities.
- Apparition Creation: He has shown the power to create tangible-holograms of his former brothers which attack Bayek.
- Illusion Conjuration: He can conjure up realistic illusions, which he can even use to camouflage his appearance from Bayek, while Bayek fought his created apparitions.
- Energy Projection: The Apple of Eden was able to allow Flavious to manipulate and project blasts of golden energy to harm Bayek or kinetic energy to slow down Bayek momentarily.
- Extrasensory Abilities: He was able to sense the presence of Bayek sneaking around the room.