|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Evil Flippy, or Fliqpy was the split personality of Flippy and a major antagonist of the adult animated Internet/TV series Happy Tree Friends; he also appeared in its spin-off Ka-Pow! and was considered one of the most popular characters.
He was voiced by Aubrey Ankrum.
Evil Flippy/Fliqpy was a green bear who wore dog tags around his neck and a green beret with a checkered crest on his head; he also wore a green camouflage jacket. When "flipped out" he had lime green eyes, sharp teeth and a wicked grin.
He was a retired veteran soldier who fought in the Weaponized Animal Regiment (W.A.R.) and had an obsession with making booby traps inspired by the Viet Cong; he still suffered trauma from the loss of his fellow soldiers and squadmates as well as a flashback of being held captive. As the fighting dragged on he was eventually promoted to sergeant; after the war ended he began a difficult romantic relationship with Flaky which was tested by her cautious nature and his past experiences. During the entire main series it was unknown if Flippy retired or it was simply a time of peace. Flippy rarely appeared most likely due to his repetitive behavior in most of his appearances.
He first started out friendly but if exposed to anything that reminded him of his past (sharp objects, loud noises, bright lights, etc.) he would "flip out" in a psychotic rage, hence his name and kill almost anyone around him. This state was usually accepted as Fliqpy or "Evil" Flippy. Flippy initially had no idea of his rampages after reverting back but on one occasion found out and sought professional help. He soon came into a battle with his evil self but discovered he was just making it up in his head. After defeating his evil self Flippy seemed to be cured though he still died regardless. Fans believed Flippy was cured from then on though later flip-outs dispelled these rumors.
Fliqpy normally carried a bowie knife and grenades but preferred to improvise weapons from everyday objects or even the bodies of other victims once skinning Shifty alive with a christmas tree cookie and strangling Giggles with Cuddles' intestines.
- "Operation Tiger Bomb" was the first time Fliqpy was shown by name; it was also the first time Flippy ever flipped out.
- "Double Whammy" was the only time Fliqpy appeared as a separate individual excluding nightmares. However, it was revealed that Flippy only hallucinated this.
- Flippy/Fliqpy had a total of five deaths and over 130 kills.
- Despite being less murderous Lumpy caused more deaths than him; he was also the only one to face Fliqpy and win.
- Fliqpy was shown to be cannibalistic if one counted characters that were different species but still anthropomorphic.
- According to Warren Graff he was based on John Rambo and Hulk.
- In addition his attire resembled the United States Army Special Forces.
- Fliqpy mostly resembled and was similar to Henry Jekyll's alter-ego Edward Hyde.
- He was also similar to Jason Voorhees in that both were serial killers with unfortunate backstories, over 100 victims, the ability to seemingly use anything around them for killing and blades wielded as primary weapons.
- He was the reason many considered Flippy a popular character with the largest fanbase in Happy Tree Friends.
- Fliqpy was never seen intentionally killing Cub which implied Fliqpy did not register him as a threat or Flippy had enough influence to prevent himself from harming Cub. He was also never seen intentionally killing Handy despite hacking off his legs.
- The only times Flippy snapped out of his Fliqpy mindset were when he tried killing Lumpy with a helicopter rotor and Flaky screamed after seeing him kill everyone on the plane ride at a carnival.
- It was confirmed by Kenn Navarro that Fliqpy acted under the delusion he was still in the war and did not realize he was killing innocents making it difficult to consider him evil; it was unknown how he would act if he knew his victims were innocent civilians.