|“||In this world, IT'S KILL OR BE KILLED.||„|
|~ Flowey's catchphrase.|
|“||Howdy! It's me, Flowey. Flowey the Flower! I owe you a huge thanks. You really did a number on that old fool. Without you, I never could have gotten past him. But now, with your help... He's DEAD. And I've got the human souls! Boy! I've been empty for so long... It feels great to have a soul inside me again. Mmmm, I can feel them wriggling... Awww, you're feeling left out, aren't you? Well, that's just perfect. After all, I only have six souls. I still need one more... Before I become GOD. And then, with my newfound powers... Monsters. Humans. Everyone. I'll show them all the REAL meaning of this world.||„|
|~ Flowey before transforming into "Photoshop Flowey".|
|“||Let's destroy everything in this wretched world. Everyone, everything in these worthless memories... Let's turn 'em all to dust.||„|
|~ Flowey on the Genocide Route.|
Asriel Dreemurr, later known as Flowey the Flower, is the mascot of the Undertale series, serving as the main antagonist of the original Undertale (specifically serving as the main antagonist of the Neutral and True Pacifist Routes, and the deuteragonist of the Genocide Route) and a mentioned character in Deltarune.
He is the first character to meet Frisk after the latter loses their way and falls into the Underground, and would eventually go on to become their archenemy. Flowey primarily appears as a small golden flower, hence his name.
- 1 Personality
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Powers and abilities
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Audio
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 External links
- 9 Navigation
|~ Another catchprase Flowey has.|
Initially, Flowey operates under a façade of friendliness and politeness. He often greets the protagonist with southern jargon, such as "Howdy!", calls himself "your best friend", and (like his father) appends polite words such as "gosh" and "golly" to the ends of his sentences. Whenever he drops this guise of friendliness, he often calls the protagonist an "idiot". Due to lacking a soul, Flowey can't feel any positive emotions such as happiness (unless it's from sadism) or love (despite his best efforts to feel it).
Flowey has a malevolent and cruel disposition, berating the protagonist for not following his "kill or be killed" philosophy. Despite this, he also criticizes the protagonist at the end of the Ruins if they killed any monster. He is a greedy, arrogant, egocentric, manipulative, devious, sly, and cunning planner, who is subtle if the circumstances require it. He retains his memories between SAVEs because he was once able to SAVE. On the Genocide Run, Flowey becomes actually terrified of Frisk (now seemingly taken over by Chara), shaking in fear and killing his own father just to prove his usefulness, which ultimately ends with the human brutally slashing him to pieces.
|“||Say. If I have ONE piece of advice for you... DON'T. Let his brother. Find out ANYTHING about you. He'll... well... Let's just say. He's caused me more than my fair share of resets. Stay away from that guy.||„|
|~ Flowey about Sans.|
Sans is the only monster Flowey is wary of, or maybe even fears. This relationship goes as far as telling Frisk to stay aware from him if they do multiple Neutral Runs and actively trying to make sure Sans won't know anything about him. Flowey implies that Sans fought him multiple times back when the flower had the power to RESET, causing many RESETS to happen. In contrast, Flowey is friends with his brother, Papyrus, although this causes everyone else to think the skeleton has a imaginary friend due to hiding from everyone.
Before his death, Asriel was a docile, unadventurous and loving child. He cared for the First Human as a sibling, and he trusted them when they came up with a plan to escape the Underground that involved them consuming buttercups.
After Alphys resurrects him without a SOUL as Flowey, Asriel becomes incapable of feeling love or empathy, which in turn causes him to become resentful, twisted, and evil.
After temporarily regaining his compassion, he apologizes for his actions to Frisk and realizes the gravity of his actions as a flower. He also tries to make amends by releasing the SOULs that he has taken, and expresses happiness at being forgiven and consoled by Frisk.
Asriel also appears to have inherited his dad's bad naming skills; in a similar vein to Asgore calling his new home "New Home", Asriel calls his flower form "Flowey", which is just "Flower" with the R replaced with a Y.
Flowey usually appears as a sentient, grinning golden flower with a white androecium, six yellow petals, and a light green stem. He can contort his face into a variety of expressions and mimic the faces and voices of other characters. He mimics Toriel and Asgore in some situations, as well as his old self at the end of the Genocide Route. He also mimics the protagonist's face before the Neutral Route's final battle.
After absorbing the human SOULs, Flowey transforms into a grotesque, flower-shaped hybrid of plant tissue, human organs, and machinery. Consisting entirely of rendered images, Photoshop Flowey is stylistically different from anything else in the game.
He has two sideways jaws, with tiny lumps on the end, and has two orifices that resemble nostrils, as well as an eye on each side with moving and pulsating irises, located within hollowed mouths. On top of his "face", he has a box TV that switches between a smiling face with huge teeth and sideways eyes that flash red and green. It will also flash vague, distorted black and white images of a terrified human face. The bottom of the mouth can overlap the TV's frame. He has metal, bumpy pipes that resemble petals and connect to the television and the jaws of his "face".
These jaws have floating eyes with moving and pulsating irises. He has many tubes that exit behind his monstrous form, and big, thick vines that move away from him. He has cactus-like arms with red claws and dangling vines with leaves on them. His hands have the ability to retract and transform into Venus Flytraps.
Photoshop Flowey's new body resembles that of the DT Extraction Machine's structure, albeit now filled with teeth, gums, and eyeballs. Alphys used this machine to extract Determination from six previously captured human SOULs - the same SOULs that Photoshop Flowey uses to power himself.
Similar to Toriel and Asgore, Asriel is a goat with long ears, a snout, and visible fangs. In his initial form, he wears a green, long-sleeved shirt with yellow stripes and black pants, similar to the First Human's clothing. He also has a small wisp of fur on his head and lacks horns.
God of Hyperdeath
This form is named directly in the game, where the "Check" option labels Asriel as "the absolute GOD of Hyperdeath!" The sclerae of his eyes become black, his fangs become longer, and he has a pair of horns. He wears a long dark robe with white sleeves and the Delta Rune on the front, with a large collar and shoulder pads. This robe is similar to Toriel's. He also wears a locket similar to the Heart Locket.
Asriel's body becomes more geometric, his horns are longer, and his teeth get sharper. He has a pair of wings that continuously change color, and his lower body becomes sharp and heart-shaped.
While this form is not directly named, being referred to as simply ASRIEL, it resembles the Delta Rune, which looks like the "Angel of Death" from the prophecy.
Powers and abilities
- "Friendliness Pellets": Flowey's sole attack in this form where he summons small white dots (deceptively dubbed "friendliness pellets") to strike the player's SOUL and damage it.
- Friendliness Circle: Flowey's most dangerous attack in this form where he summons an entire pellet circle around the player's SOUL to prevent them from escaping and then unleash a one hit kill. He would have killed Frisk at the beginning of the game this way had Toriel not intervened, and outright killed Asgore with it during the penultimate boss battle when he was weakened.
- Burrowing: At certain points in the game, the player can walk back the way they came to see Flowey had been following them before he burrows away underground.
- SOUL Absorption: Flowey can absorb all seven human souls to enter his Photoshop Flowey form and the most powerful enemy in the Pacifist route.
Omega Flowey's laugh
Your Best Friend
Your Best Nightmare + Finale
Hopes and Dreams + SAVE the World + Last Goodbye
- If one backtracks a bit after certain points, they can catch a quick look at Flowey for a split second before he retreats underground, showing that he has been stalking the player, even up to the end of the game.
- If the protagonist has killed Toriel at least once before, then reset or load the game and spare her, Flowey tells them not to get cocky and proceeds to taunt them by pointing out what they had done: "You murdered her. And then you went back, because you regretted it." He informs the protagonist he previously had the power to SAVE and reset, and that he played as the world's god before the protagonist's arrival superseded his. He tells the protagonist that he will be watching them.
- Flowey's real name Asriel Dreemurr is an anagram for "serial murderer", referencing his homicidal nature.
- His name is also a reference to Azrael, The Angel Of Death from Judeo/Christian mythology. This is implied by his final form resembling the Delta Rune, which Gerson refers to as "an angel of death," and several other death related themes revolving around his character.
- His name is also a portmanteau of his parents' names: As from Asgore, riel from Toriel. This is probably because Asgore is horrible at naming things and Toriel loves puns.
- Flowey might actually be the Anomaly that Sans is talking about on the Genocide Run: The Genocide Run can be done by the player as their very first run, while Flowey has done every single thing the Underground has to offer except taking the SOULs. Therefore, Sans would have way more time to learn about Flowey than about Frisk/the Player. This is backed up by Flowey and Sans fighting in multiple timelines.
- However, Sans' wording implies that the Player/Frisk is the true anomaly. This can be rounded up to Sans mistaking the Anomaly to be the human, not Flowey.
- Asriel Dreemurr on Heroes Wiki
- Flowey on Undertale Wiki
- Asriel Dreemurr on Undertale Wiki
- Asriel on Deltarune Wiki