|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
The Forlorn are supporting antagonists in Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. They are a race of invading dark spirits determined to kill the player to steal their souls and claim their world.
The Forlorn are creations of Lord Aldia, born from his infatuation with the First Sin. The Forlorn lost not only their corporeal form but a world for them to call their home. They drift through other worlds in search of a new home.
Throughout the Bearer of the Curse's journey through the kingdom of Drangleic, the Forlorn invade them across the regions to steal their world for themselves. They commonly come equipped with greatswords, while stronger Forlorn come with scythes capable of penetrating shields. With only a few exceptions, the Forlorn are able to invade the player in any area in the game. In Aldia's Keep, the Forlorn instead appear when the player lights four torches in the area.
- Forest of Fallen Giants: Near the Place Unbeknownst bonfire, the Soldiers' Rest bonfire, or the field where Pate is encountered.
- The Lost Bastille: Near the Exile Holding Cell bonfire, near McDuff's Workshop, or the bridge leading to Sinners' Rise.
- Huntsman's Corpse: Past the bridge from the Bridge Approach bonfire.
- Harvest Valley: In the cave containing Lonesome Gavlan.
- Earthen Peak: In the small area containing poison jars next to the Lower Earthen Peak bonfire, or the hallway leading to the room before facing Mytha.
- Iron Keep: On the bridge leading to the Keep's entrance or outside of the Ironhearth Hall bonfire, on the ledge leading to the square platform.
- Shaded Woods: Within the misty section with the invisible Forest Guardians or the large field outside of the Shaded Ruins bonfire.
- Brightstone Cove Tseldora: Around Ornifex's house or the spider pit leading to Freja.
- Black Gultch: Between the first tar pits and the two Razorback Nightcrawlers.
- Drangleic Castle: At the castle's entrance.
- Shrine of Amana: On the path leading from the building ruins holding the Crumbled Ruins bonfire.
- Undead Crypt: In the room with two Leydia Witches and Undead Prisoners.
- Aldia's Keep: Four can be encountered, spawning close to where each of the four lit torches are. Unlike other encounters, these are not counted as invaders.
- Brume Tower: At the top of the tower where the first Ashen Idol is found or near the Foyer bonfire.
- Frozen Eleum Loyce: At the square with the fountain and Frost Hounds, or the walkway with ballistae and Wall Watchmen.
- The Scythe and Greatsword of the Forlorn increase in scale with the player's hollowing.
- The Forlorn have a higher chance of invading the player if they lost a large number of souls by dying.
- Straid of Olaphis will sell Forlorn weapons and armor based on how many Forlorn the player has defeated. Up to five Forlorn must be defeated to acquire all equipment.