|“||There's more fantasy and fun where I came from.||„|
Fredbear is a major, yet mostly unseen antagonist in the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise.
He is a mentioned character in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, a supporting character in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, a major character in Five Nights at Freddy's 4, a minor character in Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location, a secret antagonist in Ultimate Custom Night, and a supporting antagonist in the book Fazbear Frights #3: 1:35 AM.
He is a mysterious animatronic who was the mascot for Fredbear's Family Diner, the original restaurant. While he has made some form of appearance in different games throughout the series, he plays his first real antagonistic role in the game, Ultimate Custom Night. While Fredbear himself doesn't appear often, Golden Freddy, a ghost resembling Fredbear, shows up often in the games.
In Five Nights at Freddy's 4, a Fredbear plush appears as the deuteragonist of the minigames, while the animatronic form serves as the secondary antagonist of the minigames, appearing as a minor antagonist in the third minigame, and the final antagonist of the fifth minigame. Meanwhile, there is a nightmare version of Fredbear, serving as the main antagonist of the entire game.
In Fazbear Frights #3: 1:35 AM, he is the main antagonist of the third story, The New Kid.
In the spin-offs, he's the deuteragonist of FNAF World and Freddy in Space 2, and a secret antagonist in Ultimate Custom Night.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
Fredbear appears briefly in this game. He is seen performing on stage next to Spring Bonnie during Shadow Bonnie's secret mini-game.
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
A bit more of Fredbear's history is revealed in the series' fourth installment alongside the appearance of his "Nightmare" counterpart. He appears in a plush form during nightly minigames, trying to get a young boy (who the player controls) through the days leading up to his birthday at Fredbear's Family Diner. His animatronic form is also seen during the mini-games and the boy is shown to be scared of him. Because of this, the boy's older brother and his friends eventually shove him into Fredbear's open mouth before the animatronic's jaws clamp down on the boy's headm killing him.
Fredbear's "Adventure" counterpart is one of the playable protagonists, as well as the deuteragonist of this RPG and he is needed to achieve at least one of the games endings. His pixelated plush form also returns to assist the player in earning another ending.
Ultimate Custom Night
Fredbear appears as a secret antagonist in the Ultimate Custom Night. To summon him, only Golden Freddy must be active during the night with his A.I. set to one. The player must purchase a Death Coin for ten Faz-Coins, which will made Freddy's top hat show up on the office desk, and then use it on Golden Freddy when he appears. Once this happens, Fredbear will instantly kill the player.
Freddy in Space 2
Fredbear is a animatronic bear who looks almost identical to Freddy Fazbear but with slight physical differences, such as his LED eyes which are always exposed. He also has a golden yellow body, two black buttons on his torso and wears a small purple top hat with matching colored bow-tie.
- Like most animatronics in the Ultimate Custom Night, Fredbear speaks after killing the player. However, all of his speech is garbled and distorted, making it extremely difficult to determine what he says.
- It was eventually revealed by his voice actor Kellen Goff that Fredbear's speech is actually extremely high-pitched and distorted lines originally meant for Freddy Fazbear.
- Fredbear, alongside Trash and the Gang and Helpy, is the only animatronic in the Five Nights at Freddy's: Ultimate Custom Night to have a unique jumpscare sound.
- Fredbear is also the only secret animatronic who cannot be summoned by Dee Dee.
- Oddly enough, Fredbear appears to be a replica of Freddy Fazbear before his withering during the Five Nights at Freddy's 4 mini-games, as he retains two sets of teeth, unlike how he appears in Ultimate Custom Night where his model is a slightly modified version of the FNaF 1 Freddy model, possibly hinting him at being Golden Freddy, as Fredbear was not present in the FNaF 1 location, but Golden Freddy was.