Five Nights at Freddy's 4
The Freddles only appear in Five Nights at Freddy's 4 with a small role. Their job is to summon a nightmare version of Freddy Fazbear to murder the child.
Little is known about them, but it is assumed that they work for Nightmare Freddy. It can also be speculated that they are in some way the same entity as Nightmare Freddy, and simply need to combine in order to turn strong enough to kill the child. They don't appear in mini-games, most likely meaning they have little effect on the story.
Ultimate Custom Night
Freddles appear in the Ultimate Custom Night. They will appear in random parts of the Office and must be scared away using a flashlight. If too many Freddles gather, it will summon Nightmare Freddy to attack the player.
- The Freddles were actually given their name in FNAF World.
- The unused Freddles' jumpscare can be found in FNAF VR: Help Wanted.
- It is unknown what the Freddles are supposed to represent.
- It is possible that they represent Freddy plushies, however.
- It is unknown why the Freddles are needed to summon Nightmare Freddy.
- A fan theory is that Nightmare Freddy is blind and the Freddles are his only real way of knowing where to go
- It is possible that they detach from Nightmare Freddy, who is hiding, however.