The Freddles are minor antagonists of Five Nights at Freddy's 4. They are known as Fredlets or other names by the fan base, and they randomly appear on the child's bed to help them summon Nightmare Freddy to kill the protagonist.
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
The Freddles only appear in Five Nights at Freddy's 4 with a small role. Their job is to summon Nightmare Freddy to murder the protagonist.
Little is known about them, but it is assumed that they work for Nightmare Freddy. It can also be speculated that they are in some way the same entity as Nightmare Freddy, and simply need to combine in order to turn strong enough to kill the protagonist.
Ultimate Custom Night
Freddles appear in the Ultimate Custom Night. They will appear in random parts of the Office and must be scared away using a flashlight. If too many Freddles gather, it will summon Nightmare Freddy to attack the player.
Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted
Curse of Dreadbear
The Freddles appear in the minigame Build-A-Mangle where, for the first time, they act independently from Nightmare Freddy. They will appear on the conveyor belt, and must be shocked to prevent them from appearing on the player's face and block his view.
- The Freddles were actually given their name in FNAF World.
- The unused Freddles' jumpscare can be found in FNAF VR: Help Wanted.
- It is unknown what the Freddles are supposed to represent.
- It is possible that they represent Freddy plushies, however.
- It is unknown why the Freddles are needed to summon Nightmare Freddy.
- A fan theory is that Nightmare Freddy is blind and the Freddles are his only real way of knowing where to go
- It is possible that they detach from Nightmare Freddy, who is hiding, however.