|The Joker believes this article is lacking a certain flair -
namely some good quality images...
you could just leave the article without pictures, but really now...
where's the fun in that?'
|Harley Quinn thinks that this article looks kinda boring, eh? Why not put some categories there to spice it up? |
Help by adding new categories to the article!
Freeze Man is a Robot Master a minor antagonist in Mega Man 7, where he appears as a boss. Freeze Man bears the serial number DWN-049.
While Freeze Man typically has a gaudy personality, being an egotistical show-off, he is also a perfectionist, trying to impress those he meets. In his spare time, Freeze Man likes mystery novels, although pollution is an eyesore for him. Freeze Man is also a fan of his Dr. Light counterpart Ice Man.
Powers and Abilities
Based on the theory that high and low temperatures combined are equal to normal temperature, Freeze Man can split the normal temperature in the ambient into high and low temperatures, using the former as an energy source and the latter to attack with his Freeze Cracker, a snowflake-like projectile.
Freeze Man was created as DWN-049. He, Junk Man, Burst Man, Cloud Man, Spring Man, Slash Man, Shade Man, and Turbo Man were sent to attack so Dr. Wily could bring the world under his control, but they and Doctor Wily himself were defeated when Mega Man rose up to save his world.
Freeze Man is unique since he does not move in battle before Rock does. If you wait long enough, Freeze Man will beckon Rock with his hand. What Freeze Man does next will change depending on what Mega Man does. If Rock shoots him, Freeze Man will immediately start his standard battle pattern. If Rock moves, Freeze Man will run in Rock's direction first, then start his attack pattern. Freeze Man uses his Freeze Cracker to start his pattern. This can be avoided by jumping, but can paralyse Rock if it strikes him. Freeze Man can also jump and shoot the Freeze Cracker downwards, freezing the ground and anyone standing on it. Freeze Man finishes his attack pattern by summoning some icicles with his Freeze Cracker. These icicles will fall and their collision with the floor destorys it. If he gets hit by the Junk Shield, Freeze Man will stop his pattern and take more damage than usual. Freeze Man is also vulnerable to the Scorch Wheel. When he is defeated, Freeze Man gives Rock the Freeze Cracker.
If he gets hit by his own weapon, which is only possible during the second fight with him in Wily's Castle, Freeze Man will immediately paralyse Mega Man, mock the player by turning towards the camera, and recover four HP.
Freeze Man makes a cameo in Mega Man 8 during the intro. A CD regarding his character can be found during the events of Rockman & Forte, describing him as a perfectionist, albeit gaudy, with his likes and dislikes being mystery novels and pollution, respectively.
- Freeze Man is the first Robot Master to break the fourth wall in the main games. He does this by turning toward the player in a taunting manner for being stupid enough to use his own weapon on him.
- Freeze Man's weaknesses can be justified by the following:
- The Scorch Wheel doing a number on him is a reference to fire melting ice.
- His weakness to the Junk Shield can be justified by ice being punctured easily by sharp metal. It also alludes to how he was meant to make energy without pollution.
- The way Freeze Man stands in his spot without moving provided Rock doesn't do anything resembles Skull Man from Mega Man 4: A New Evil Ambition!!, except Skull Man just stays in his spot without taunting whereas Freeze Man beckons Rock with his hand.
- Freeze Man's name was submitted for Mega Man 6: The Greatest Battle of All Time!!, but this eventually became Blizzard Man.