|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|~ Fritz during the show's intro.|
The mad scientist in the stop-motion animated sketch comedy series Robot Chicken, Fritz Hühnermörder appears in the opening sequence as the main antagonist. The sequence begins with him going outside his castle and finding a road-killed chicken which he takes to his lab and brings it back to life as a cyborg (the robot chicken). He then straps the bird into a chair and forces him to watch bad TV shows forever as a strange form of torture.
His regular voice is given by David Lynch and his singing voice is done by Les Claypool.
In the one hundredth episode, the Robot Chicken manages to escape after the maid releases him so that she can clean his chair. In response, the Mad Scientist abducts the chicken's wife (leaving behind a video so that he'll be aware of what happened) and begins torturing her in the same fashion in order to lure him into a trap.
The Robot Chicken then battles the original Robot Chicken characters, only to discover that the Mad Scientist has apparently already killed the cyborg's wife and turned her into fried chicken. Furious, he battles the Mad Scientist, causing his hand to be trapped in one of the metal cuffs of his own torture chair.
The Robot Chicken then crushes him underneath the television sets he was forced to watch previously, killing him. Afterwards, his head is seen on a table as the Robot Chicken and his wife rejoice.
Shortly thereafter, he is revived by Robot Chicken as a cyborg and made to endure the same torture to which Robot Chicken was previously subjected.
However, some time later, his son comes around to rip out his remaining eye to access his laboratory and later kidnaps the US presidents for ransom. As a result, Fritz and Chicken are forced to team up to defeat the young man. After they kill his son's minions and save the presidents, Fritz punishes his son by subjecting him to the same torture that he, Chicken and the presidents suffered while Chicken flies away free.
In season nine finale, the Nerd jumps over the Grand Canyon with a motorcycle for the sake of ensuring the show's renewal. He succeeds but at the cost of crashing into a truck, resulting in an explosion that kills him. Shortly thereafter, Fritz and Robot Chicken dig up his corpse and revive him as a cyborg before forcing him to watch TVs.
After some time passes, Fritz talks in a science conference where he reveals that his forcing Robot Chicken and later the Nerd to watch TVs was for the sake of research into what is the "perfect" joke. After presenting his findings, he frees the Nerd from the chair, then puts him in a crate and delivers him to a warehouse.
- For a long time, Fritz's only line was "It's alive!", which he only says off-screen during the opening sequence. The line is voiced by Les Claypool who also created the theme song. However, he is heard speaking for the first time in an episode in season ten finale "Endgame" where he was voiced by David Lynch.
- "Hühnermörder" is German for "chicken murderer".
- The official website gives Fritz a history never explored in the show. It states that he used to live a boring life of helping others with his science before he went insane and became the chicken killing villain he is today. When he saw the chicken outside he planned on torturing him with the TV simply out of his hatred of chickens. It's possible that chickens drove him insane.
- He has severe asthma.
- Fritz is obsessed over by a little girl.
- Fritz constantly vomits offscreen.
- Fritz played the sousaphone in high school.
- Fritz does his hair with a static electricity ball.
- Fritz killed his own wife over a belly button piercing.
- Fritz's hatred of chickens was spurred when he was three years old, when a chicken killed his father.
- It's stated on Adult Swim's bio for him that Fritz enjoys sushi.
- He can talk, but suffers from severe glossophobia.
- In the sketch "Euthanasia" from season 1 episode "Nightmare Generator", there is a picture of him and Robot Chicken hanging on the wall in the background. A similar picture can be seen in "Chappaqua Follies" from earlier episode "Badunkadunk" during the same season albeit this time without Robot Chicken.
- Although his name is not mentioned by other characters in the series, it can be seen on his tombstone in the sketch "Seth's Revenge". However, a Season 10 sketch gives it as "Rick Sanchez".
- Mad Scientist on the Robot Chicken Wiki