|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Club owner, heli pilot, getaway driver, chauffeur, music curator... does the lot. Just don't ask for a massage. Or an insightful chat into the human soul.||„|
|~ English Dave|
|“||I've been working with someone, but they're too unpredictable.||„|
|~ Lester Crest to Michael De Santa, acknowledging his contact with the Protagonist in the Fleeca Job and Pacific Standard robberies|
The GTA Online Protagonist is the main playable protagonist of Grand Theft Auto Online.
The player can alter the character's lifestyle choices, such as time spent sleeping and exercising; this creates the initial stats for the characters and slightly changing their appearance including mental illness, driving skills, shooting/aiming skills, stealth, piloting skills and strength.
Players can also take on missions given by many people in Los Santos, including Lester Crest, Trevor Philips, the Madrazo Cartel, Avon Hertz, among others. They can choose what apartments, houses and garages they live in, owning weaponry, owning vehicles and even getting different contacts from people. Players can do contracts with companies such as Merryweather and Pegasus, having a mechanic to work for them and getting different contacts on your phone as well as getting strippers from the strip clubs to lap dance for them at their home.
- 1 History
- 2 Contacts and Employers
- 3 Owned Weapons
- 4 Abilities
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Navigation
The protagonist is born at a time prior to the game to two parents (a father can be chosen to be Niko Bellic, Claude or Red Dead Redemption protagonist John Marston and a mother can be chosen to be Misty).
Not much is known about the player's background, other than that they met Lamar Davis on Lifeinvader and took a flight to Los Santos, presumably just to take part in a street race in Vinewood organized by Lamar himself.
Grand Theft Auto Online
Six months prior to the events of Grand Theft Auto V, the player meets Lamar when he picks him/her up after the arrival in Los Santos from the airport. They enter Lamar's Emperor, where he gives the player a Pistol and welcomes them to the city. If the player is female, a different cutscene is shown where Lamar attempts to hit on her but ends up failing. Lamar drives the player to Vinewood parking lot, where they begin a race, potentially with other players competing. Regardless of who becomes victorious in the race, Lamar sees further potential in the person and introduces he/she to Gerald, a drug runner living in Davis. Gerald immediately employs the character by asking them to ambush a drug deal between the Ballas and the Vagos and return the product to him. Lamar introduces the protagonist to Simeon Yetarian, who provides them with a car of their choosing, which he pays for with loss-and-theft prevention and a tracker. The protagonist doesn't return to their former home and instead stays in Los Santos to continue their life.
As the protagonist slowly builds up their reputation in the city through work given to them by Lamar and Gerald, they begin procuring employment through Contact Missions by several people within the criminal underworld, of varying power and influence. They are consulted to continue repossessing automobiles for Simeon (who considers the protagonist under his debt). Down the line, the protagonist comes across Trevor Phillips and Ron Jakowski, who employ them to steal and sabotage the operations of the Lost MC. After helping crime lord Martin Madrazo of the Madrazo Cartel evade prosecution, he hires the protagonist to take down his rivals in smaller gangs scattered across San Andreas. Lamar will issue contact with the protagonist again, this time to do his dirty work to assert his rise to power in South Los Santos, inadvertently starting a gang war between the Chamberlain Gangster Families, the Ballas, and the Vagos. Lamar atones to his wrongdoings after Gerald is almost incarcerated, and gives up his pursuit of power so he can amend his wrongs with the CGF. Finally, crippled hacker Lester Crest urges the protagonist to invest in real estate.
Once the protagonist purchases a high-end apartment, Lester invites the player to coordinate a series of heists. They begin by stealing a safety deposit box from a Fleeca Bank branch by the Great Ocean Freeway. After which, an unnamed International Affairs Agency operative, simply referred to as Agent 14, employs the player to break out Professor Maxim Rashkovsky from Bolingbroke Penitentiary. Following his breakout, Rashkovsky provides Agent 14 and the protagonist with schematics for the Humane Labs and Research Facility in the San Chianski Mountain Range. The protagonist and their crew are employed to infiltrate the facility to acquire a USB drive relating to a nerve agent in custody of the warmongering Merryweather independent contractors. Trevor approaches the protagonists to finance and facilitate a drug deal on behalf of Trevor Philips Industries. They successfully transport the drugs, but the deal goes sour when it is revealed that it was a sting operation set up by the Drug Observation Agency. Finally, Lester employs them to rob the Pacific Standard Public Deposit Bank, one of the largest banks in the West Coast. For each heist, the organizer is required to source out their own equipment and vehicles in set-up missions.
With their ill-gotten gains, the player's reputation continues to rise, and are amassed in wealth. They are given the option to start their own organizations by purchasing their own offices, and registering as a CEO through SecuroServ to venture into contraband trafficking and vehicle exporting. They could also be consulted by other organizations to become bodyguards for their CEOs. They are also given the option to begin their own motorcycle club, which can be used to run businesses including the narcotrafficking of marijuana, methamphetamine, and cocaine, as well as the counterfeiting of cash, and document forging.
By 2017, four years after the events of Grand Theft Auto V, the protagonist would've been given the option to venture into arms trafficking, aided by Agent 14. Ron introduces the protagonist into purchasing their own hangar, which they can use to efficiently generate and source supplies and income for their organizations. The protagonist is tipped off for more lucrative jobs with their SecuroServ contracts. Through Lester, the player character is introduced to billionaire tech mogul Avon Hertz, who allies with the IAA to avert a Doomsday crisis at the hands of Merryweather Security and Russian terrorists, led by Bogdan. It is revealed that the Russians were framed by Hertz, who intended to use Cliffford to engage in nuclear warfare. The protagonist and their crew, joined by Bogdan, kill Hertz and destroying Cliffford before they are able to launch a nuclear missile, averting international nuclear war.
In 2018, the protagonist is consulted by Tony Prince and Paige Harris, who are willing to open a nightclub as a front for their illegal activities associated with SecuroServ. Celebrity personality Alan Jerome reaches out with the player character into participating in a new adversary mode dubbed "Arena War", which he intends to publicize into a live television show, and offers them contracts to participate against other competitors.
In 2019, after the Vinewood Casino is torn down for the more lucrative Diamond Casino & Resort, the protagonist is allowed to enlist as a VIP, allowing them access to behind-the-scenes missions; it is revealed through the casino's manager Agatha Baker that the casino is in danger of being torn down by the Duggan Crime Family in a hostile takeover. Avery Duggan, an oil tycoon and the head of the crime family, engages in conflict with the Casino's owner, Tao Cheng (son of Triads crime boss Wei Cheng, who died six years earlier). The protagonist, under Ms. Baker and Cheng's employment, are able to save the casino after Avery's son Thornton offers to buy it out from Avery, intending to betray him so he can take over as the new head of the crime family. After the protagonist kills Avery, Tao's sister Georgina manipulates the protagonist in robbing the casino as revenge against Thornton for their lost investment. Lester is brought out of retirement at the prospect of robbing the casino. Although the protagonist is able to rob the casino clean, humiliating the Duggans, they are informed that the Duggans' insurance premiums doubling as a result of the robberies will prevent the Chengs from procuring back ownership.
In 2020, Gerald meets the player character with six new missions, revolving around his drug dealing operations. Additionally, the protagonist's Super Galaxy Yacht is attacked by the Kkangpae Korean mob, to which the boat's captain Brendan Darcy will inform the player character. They launch an assault on the Khangpae's mob boss in retaliation. At the Music Locker in the Casino, the protagonist meets Martin Madrazo's son Miguel, who hires them to sneak onto Cayo Perico, a private island owned by the world's largest narcotrafficker and the Madrazo Cartel's financier, Juan "El Rubio" Strickler. After purchasing a Kosatka nuclear submarine and scouting out the island while under the guise of a tour manager of a music band for one of Strickler's parties, Miguel orders the protagonists and the Kostaka's caretaker Pavel Glebov (nephew of the Liberty City based Faustin Mafia associate Vladimir Glebov) to secure the Madrazo Files from Strickler's compound that contain leverage over his father. After returning the files to Miguel, he burns them (upon realizing the "files" are incriminating pictures of an affair between Trevor and Martin's wife Patricia), and the players are given the option to continue robbing Strickler of his valuables and treasures.
Contacts and Employers
On his/her phone, the player can gather many people and companies in their contacts. Some are capable of carrying out requests. Additionally, a few of these contacts will call the GTA Online Protagonist, hiring them to take on missions. The following are listed in alphabetical order:
- Brucie Kibbutz (Request Bullshark Testosterone)
- Dom Beasley (Request a job).
- Gerald (Requesting a job).
- Lamar Davis (Sending Muggers and request a job).
- Lester Crest (Set bounty, remove wanted level, off the radar, reveal players, request a job, locate the boat, locate helicopter, locate the car, locate plane and cops turn a blind eye).
- Martin Madrazo (Request a job).
- Mechanic (Sending Vehicles to the player).
- Mors Mutual Insurance (Bringing replacement vehicles).
- Merryweather (Ammo drop, backup helicopter, boat pickup, helicopter pickup, call mercenaries, and airstrike).
- Ms. Baker (Request a job, valet service for limousines and Casino vehicles)
- Pegasus (Sending owned Vehicles that can't be stored in the garage).
- Ron Jakowski (Request a job).
- Simeon Yetarian (Request a job).
- Trevor Phillips
The player can own a variety of weapons to fight and kill his/her victims and enemies.
- Antique Cavalry Dagger
- Baseball Bat
- Golf Club
- Broken Bottle
- Marksman Pistol
- Combat Pistol
- AP Pistol
- Pistol .50
- SNS Pistol
- Heavy Pistol
- Vintage Pistol
Sub Machine Guns
- Micro SMG
- Assault SMG
- Gusenberg Sweeper
- Pump Shotgun
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Assault Shotgun
- Bullpup Shotgun
- Heavy Shotgun
- Assault Rifle
- Carbine Rifle
- Advanced Rifle
- Special Carbine
- Bullpup Rifle
Light Machine Guns
- Combat MG
- Sniper Rifle
- Heavy Sniper
- Sticky Bomb
- Tear Gas
- Molotov Cocktail
- Grenade Launcher
- Jerry Can
- Extended Clip
- Advanced Scope
As a talented criminal, they are silent, cunning, dangerous and lethal individuals in Los Santos. They are highly skilled in armed and unarmed combat, firearms, technology, computers and surveillance. They are efficient, professional and highly skilled criminals to operate as a Freelance criminals and hired guns for the Los Santos criminal underworld. However, this varies player by player.
- Hand to Hand Combat - The Player is highly skilled in hand to hand combat able to hold their own or take on skilled and experienced fighters in hand to hand combat. Their signature move is one knockout punch and speed and countermoves. They have proficiency in unarmed combat using punches,kicks, uppercuts, elbows melee weapons.They are a accomplished fighter that make great use to their melee and unarmed attacks.
- Expert Marksmanship - The Player is a incredible marksman able to make headshots from a long distance. They are also proficient in with many weapons including handguns,submachine guns and sniper rifles. They are a gifted marksman due to their exceptional precision,speed and reactions in shootouts.
- Master Tactician - The Player is a highly skilled tactician who is skilled at coming up, plan and executing plans for a variety of missions able to outsmart their opponents and deceive them. He is also a incredible stragiest able to build a extremely successful criminal enterprise and able to pull off heist and robberies
- Not counting the players if they have microphones on, both them and Claude are the only two protagonists to not have any speaking roles.
- Unlike Michael De Santa, Franklin Clinton and Trevor Philips, the GTA Online Protagonists do not have access to their own Lifeinvader page in-game.
- The Online Protagonist uses a mix of animations from Michael De Santa, Franklin Clinton, and Trevor Philips. What animation sets are used depends on the activity the player is participating in. In this case, the Online Protagonist does not have his/her own walking/running animation.
- In the enhanced version, the GTA Online Protagonist is 6'0".
- The artwork for GTA Online: Executives and Other Criminals, GTA Online: Further Adventures in Finance and Felony and GTA Online: Import/Export all feature the same representation of the GTA Online Protagonist. A man with short hair, notable for the scar across his nose bridge and cheek, implying that it could be the Protagonist's canon appearance.
- They also have similarities with Carl Johnson. They both are very successful criminals and they both have a lot of outstanding abilities to become one of the most powerful and dangerous protagonist. Unlike Carl Johnson, however, the GTA Online Protagonists may or may not get along well with each other, often resulting in killing off one another, and do not have any speaking roles, whereas Carl Johnson is affiliated with the Grove Street Families and they are always loyal to him. In addition, the GTA Online Protagonists do not speak at all whereas Carl Johnson can normally speak.