|Jafar says: Read my lips and come to grips with the reality!|
Gabby Gator is a recurring villain from the Woody Woodpecker Show, and one of many characters who served as Woody's foil.
He was voiced by the late Daws Butler.
Gabby is an alligator who lives in the Okiedokie Swamp, near Cape Canaveral. Unfortunately for him, this place doesn't have many food options, and Gabby is forced to attract the food (usually Woody) to his home and attempt to capture him with anything he might have at hand. He isn't very intelligent, as Woody always escape, usually leaving Gabby with his home destroyed. The most strange thing about Gabby Gator is that he seems to have an infinite supply of carrots, which are useless for a carnivorous reptile.
- Southern Fried Hospitality (1960)
- Gabby's Diner (1961)
- Woody's Kook-Out (1961)
- Rock-a-Bye Gator (1962)
- Rocket Racket (1962)
- Voo-Doo Boo-Boo (1962)
- Little Woody Riding Hood (1962)
- Greedy Gabby Gator (1963)
- While Gabby's first official appearance was in Southern Fried Hospitality, a prototype version of the character appeared in two previous shorts, Everglade Raid and Romp in the Swamp.
- Gabby makes a solo appearance in The New Woody Woodpecker Show's episode Corn Fed Up.