|“||You will now fight a warrior who was sealed away for fear his power was too great. I will now summon this great warrior once more. ...3...2...1...GO!||„|
|~ Nova summoning Galacta Knight for Meta Knight.|
|“||On the day of judgment, this fluttery fiend will fly into action. Brought into existence by “the greatest warrior in the galaxy” and reborn as a knight of doom through years of adversity—now begins an epic battle with a pure being twisted by a dark past.||„|
|~ Kirby Star Allies about Morpho Knight.|
Galacta Knight is a major antagonist in the Kirby franchise. He is one of most powerful warriors in the galaxy, who was sealed away due to his immense power, before being summoned and released from his prison by Meta Knight. He would eventually appear as a recurring antagonist in several Kirby games afterward.
Galacta Knight would eventually make his return in Kirby Star Allies, but instead of being faced off as his normal self, he would be transformed into the Reborn Butterfly known as Morpho Knight.
Kirby Super Star Ultra
In "Meta Knightmare", Meta Knight goes on a quest to find the legendary Nova in order to fulfill his only wish: to defeat the strongest warrior in the Galaxy. Once Meta Knight finally summons Nova and makes his wish, Nova tells him of a warrior who was so powerful that he was sealed away for fear that his power was too great. After summoning Galacta Knight, he and Meta Knight race to a nearby moon and begin their battle. After a long fight, Meta Knight manages to destroy Galacta Knight and returns home, now even stronger than before. During the "True Arena", Galacta Knight is somehow revived and fights Kirby, although he is defeated yet again.
Kirby's Return to DreamlandGalacta Knight appears in Kirby's Return to Dreamland in the "True Arena", fought shortly before Magolor. Other than that, Galacta Knight has no impact on the story but is speculated to be the one who told Magolor of Kirby's exploits, which would make him the Bigger Bad of the story.
Kirby: Planet Robobot
|“||Let us bring back a legendary swordsman from a forgotten time. He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life. The benefits of this final battle outweigh the collateral damage. Prepare yourself... Executing Space-Time Transport... Extra-dimensional road... Booting... 3... 2... 1... BEGIN!||„|
|~ Star Dream summoning Galacta Knight.|
He returns as the penultimate opponent to Kirby in the "True Arena", and returns from his prison. Upon his final defeat, he appears to flash around the screen and explode but reveals that he is not dying and rockets off, escaping once again. His incredible damage done to Star Dream, however, forces it to turn into Star Dream Soul OS, making it Kirby's final opponent in the "True Arena".
Kirby Star AlliesIn Kirby Star Allies, Galacta Knight serves as the final boss of the "Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!" mode. After the Star Allies have defeated Lord Hyness, Galacta Knight appears and prepares to fight them. However, before the fight can begin, a small, energy charged butterfly comes up to Galacta Knight, lands on his sword, and transforms him into a more powerful form known as Morpho Knight.
Morpho Knight battles the Star Allies with new enhanced abilities, although he is defeated once again and fades away in a cloud of hearts and butterflies. Morpho Knight later reappears in the Soul Melter difficulty of "The Ultimate Choice", once again as the penultimate boss before Void Termina.
Super Smash Bros.
One of Meta Knight's alternative costumes in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is based on Galacta Knight.
Galacta Knight appears in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U as a trophy, which can be unlocked by completing the reward conditions for all Solo Events.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Galacta Knight appears as a Primary Shield-type Spirit, able to be summoned by using cores from Shovel Knight, Knight Man, and Meta-Knights. When equipped, he increases attacks produced by swords. Despite being Legendary classed, he carries no Support slots.
- Galacta Knight is generally considered to be one of the most powerful enemies Kirby has ever faced, potentially ranking along with characters such as 0, Nightmare, and Dark Mind, as he is stated to be powerful enough to obliterate entire planets.
- It is unknown if any of Galacta Knight's appearances are canonical, as the "Meta Knightmare" storylines are implied not to be, as well as the "True Arena" matches.
- Morpho Knight's insectoid-like appearance bears a resemblance to Queen Sectonia and the other members of her Clan, implying that the butterfly was somehow related to them.
- Morpho Knight reuses initial concept art of an original design for Meta Knight in a cancelled Kirby game for Nintendo Gamecube.
- The butterfly that turns Galacta Knight into Morpho Knight has been seen in various intros and outros to Kirby games prior to Star Allies.
- Morpho Knight's name may have been taken from the word "Metamorphosis", but more than likely came from the Morpho butterfly.
- Morpho Knight's battle music changes if any of the Dream Friends (with the exception of King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandanna Waddle Dee) are played, the music is replaced with a remix theme of the final boss theme from their debut game.
- It is not exactly clear as to whether Morpho Knight is an alternate form of Galacta Knight or a separate character entirely. The battle description seems to hint that Morpho Knight was once a warrior from a dark past and has been reborn in the form the "greatest warrior in the galaxy", likely referring to Galacta Knight as this was once his old title.
- At Level 99, Galacta Knight is the third strongest spirit in Ulimate with 13,345 power, only surpassed by Galeem and Dharkon.
|Haltmann Works Company|
|Jambastion Cult & The Three Mage-Sisters|