Blue Chalcedony, also known as the "Gem Cave Creature", is a Gem Monster and a minor antagonist in Steven Universe, appearing as the main antagonidt of the episode "Arcade Mania".
It appears as a gigantic brittle star, with a massive disk and short arms. The upper portion of its disk appears as a giant mound of turquoise colored crystals with multiple geometric facets. The lower-half of the disk is colored dark turquoise. The arms are joined near the middle of the disk and taper to a point outwards, they are of a darker shade of turquoise. The ventral side of the disk contains a drill-like apparatus that can unfurl to reveal five turquoise colored arm, and appears to have fingers, that surround a mouth. The dorsal side of the disk houses multiple Drill Parasites that furl themselves to form spike-like protuberance that the Gem Cave Creature can launch.
Blue Chalcedony has a slim body in its uncorrupted form with a poncho and a helmet that looks like a battle helmet with small horns and some thorns behind it has no feet and has its gem in the poncho
Powers and Abilities
- Burrowing: The Gem Cave Creature has the ability to burrow underground by using the drill underneath its disk.
- Body Manipulation: It can unfurl its drill to produce five more arms to enhance its fighting capabilities. Its arms also have the ability to stretch to great lengths, as seen when it was battling Garnet.
- Enhanced Durability: Its body is presumably durable enough from attacks, as Garnet had to get close to it and hit its weakest point, which was its mouth.
- Creature Creation: It can also launch multiple spikes from its disk, which can unfurl and become Drill Parasites that can aid it in battle.
The Crystal Gems were attacked by it, which Garnet successfully managed to defeat, and proceeded to bubble its gemstone.
- The Gem Cave Creature is the second Gem Monster shown with the ability to create offspring.
- The Gem Cave Creature resembles brittle stars more than a starfish.
- The Gem Cave Creature is featured as an enemy that Steven must avoid in Gem Bound, as well as a second yellow variety.