This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||The age of OMEN has begun!||„|
| ~ Morando about to launch OMENs into Akiridion-5.|
|“||I will destroy everything you love!||„|
| ~ General Morando's most famous quote as he attacked Krel in his biggest fear.|
|“||The delson has finally come. Ever since Seklos destroyed Gaylen, the universe descended into chaos. It craves order, a firm hand to rule it. I will be that hand. I will be the god the galaxy has lacked!||„|
|~ Morando about what he wants to do with Gaylen's Core.|
Val Morando, or better known as General Morando, is one of the main antagonists of the DreamWorks computer-animated TV series trilogy Tales of Arcadia, appearing as a background antagonist of the first installment Trollhunters, and the main antagonist of the second installment 3Below. He also appears in the novel Arcadia-Con.
He is the General of the Taylon Phalanx who was exiled from his home planet, Akiridion-5, for his treachery against House Tarron, and in turn, returned and took over the planet through a coop. He is also the one in charge of the bounty hunters who are raiding through the galaxy in order to hunt the royals, Aja and Krel Tarron, as well as the mastermind behind the death of the family of Varvatos Vex.
General Morando is an alien with four eyes, three fingers on each hand, and blue skin, and he also appears to have two large horns on his head. His armor is a darker blue and has neon-blue highlights. He also has a transparent cape.
In his empowered form, he becomes a giant, the blue lights on his armor turn red, and his skin becomes dark, as well as his cape being replaced by Gaylen's wings. He has also two blasters on each of his arms.
General Morando was a cruel, repulsive, and overall vile dictator who cared about no one but himself. He was a power-hungry individual who committed high treason against House Tarron and the entire planet of Akiridion-5, simply because he wanted to rule over the entire planet as its new king, as he wants to establish his own order and law upon it. During his rule, everyone is living under his fear, and no one adores or even likes him for what he's done.
He is also a manipulator who is excellent at lying, as he lied to Varvatos Vex that if the latter lowers the shields of Akiridion-5, then he would not harm anyone, even though he forced the Akiridions under his rule upon his return. After learning of Gaylen's Core, he contacts Colonel Kubritz and lies to her that he will help her rid the Earth of all extraterrestrial lifeforms. Even though Sergeant Costas warned Kubritz that Morando couldn't be trusted, she foolishly trusted him anyway, even though there were clear indications that Costas was right, such as when Morando murdered Tronos Madu for betraying him, even though Morando himself betrayed House Tarron. Because of Morando's lies, Kubritz realized too late that she should've never trusted Morando once she saw him imbued with Gaylen's Core, even though he previously promised to insert it into her new armor.
However, the thing that made Morando more dangerous is how many innocents he was willing to kill. He was willing to harm children, as shown when he sent his bounty hunters to kill the Royals, including Aja and Krel Tarron, even though the latter two were teenage Royal Akiridions, and one of the soldiers of the Taylon Phalanx, which Morando leads and controls, threatens a young Akiridion child that if she prays for House Tarron's safety, then she will be harmed. Before Morando arrived on Earth, he hurled a giant asteroid the size of Arcadia to destroy the town and the entire Western Seaboard with Kubritz aware of it, even though he claimed that it was a necessary diversion to distract the Royals from his arrival. This heavily implies that he was willing to kill millions of lives just to do so, as well as getting Gaylen's Core as his own. When he arrived at the Mothership, he despicably used his vessel's lasers to splatter an innocent extraterrestrial animal named Buster to his death just because he "never liked bugs", even though Buster was a friendly and playful creature who did nothing wrong.
Morando also held a god complex as he required that the Akiridions worship him instead of praying that the Royals would return. His own views as a god increased when he merged with Gaylen's Core and gained the power to create and destroy planets, and became even worse by desiring to destroy the entire universe and recreate it in his own image. When he merged with it and became a giant monster, he immediately proceeded to attack Arcadia and everyone there. When he saw Tobias Domzalski, he told him to surrender the Tarrons to him, but later tries to kill Toby anyway with his giant red laser, and when Kubritz berated him for being untrustworthy, Morando didn't even care as he viewed himself as a god because he gained immense power, and proceeded to blast her to her death. However, his belief that he alone was unstoppable ultimately led to his own demise, as Aja and Krel used Seklos's Cannon to disintegrate him quickly and swiftly, which was equal to all the horrific acts he has committed.
Powers and Abilities
|“||He's too strong for us. He's stronger than Morgana.||„|
|~ Toby comparing Morando's strength to Morgana's after he is integrated with Gaylen's Core.|
General Morando was a dangerous Akiridion with precise skills and tactics. He is difficult to get away from, as he can command his forces with ease. After integrating himself with Gaylen's Core, he becomes a giant monster who is even stronger than Morgana herself, the latter of whom is an evil witch.
- Invulnerability: Morando could withstand several blasts which would kill a human easily.
- Enhanced Longevity: Being an Akiridion, Morando can live for at least a hundred years.
- Enhanced Strength: Morando was physically strong, as shown when he was able to crush the life core of one of his soldiers by using his hand, and when he ripped off one of his OMENs' heads out of fury. After gaining Gaylen's Core, he becomes stronger than Morgana, which Toby points out in the final battle against Morando.
- Gaylen's Core: After merging with Gaylen's Core, Morando gained new features, such as:
- Ionikinesis: Morando was able to create massive energy blasts without using a serrator.
- Force Shield: Morando was able to use his force shield to defeat an entire Akiridion fleet.
- Creation/Destruction: Morando was able to create and destroy planets at his will, and he even believed that he could remake the universe in his own image. However, he was destroyed by Seklos's Cannon before he could do this.
- Manipulation: Morando knew that he had to manipulate Varvatos into lowering the shields by having the Zeron Brotherhood murder his family. It turns out that he is also a skilled liar, as he was able to get his lies to manipulate Varvatos and Kubritz into doing what he wants, and he doesn't have to come up with a lie quickly as he makes them beforehand.
- Intelligence: Morando is also shown to be incredibly smart based on his planning skills, military tactics, and technological prowess. He is also a very quick and sly thinker in battle and discussion.
- Swordsmanship: Morando was skilled at using his red serrator to fight his opponents.
- Intimidation: His physical appearance (including his height) are shown to cause uneasiness in individuals when he is present i.e. Loth, his Taylon soldiers, and many Akiridions working with or near him.
|Appearances in the Trilogy|
- His full name, Val Morando, is mentioned in the first episode of 3Below, "Terra Incognita Part One".
- Despite Morando upgrading the Mothership before his exile from Akiridion-5, he doesn't care for her in the present as he tries to kill her when she aids the Royals in escaping from Morando.
- Also despite being an Akiridion with neon-blue highlights, Morando's signature color is red, as his weapons and technology are all red-colored. This continues further after Morando merges with Gaylen's Core, where his neon-blue highlights turn red as well.
- Morando appears to speak in a unique hybrid accent, as his actor, Alon Abutboul, is an Isreali with Egyptian and French-Algerian ancestry.
- He pronounces the word "Earth" wrong, as he calls it, "Uuurrtthh".
- Morando is one of the three Tales of Arcadia villains to be the evilest, the other two being Morgana and Queen Usurna.