|“||I'll make them pay for what they did to Karl!||„|
|~ George the Fallen's quote when selected in The Dalaran Heist.|
George the Fallen is one of the antagonists in the Rise of Shadows expansion in Hearthstone. Originally debuting as a duo with his best friend Karl as bosses in Kobolds and Catacombs, George had lost Karl at some point and went insane. The League of E.V.I.L. recruited him to assist them in their villainous schemes.
|“||A vengeful paladin who's breaking vows and faces alike.||„|
|~ George's description as a playable hero.|
Due to being manipulated by the League of E.V.I.L., George has become vengeful and violent, assisting the League of E.V.I.L. in taking over Dalaran. He is mainly motivated out of vengeance towards Karl's supposed death, going on a crusade against the citizens of Dalaran in Karl's name. When he eventually reunites with Karl, George believes him to be a hallucination due to his insanity, but after Karl defeats him he apologises and finally accepts that his friend is alive, redeeming himself and fighting alongside Karl once more.
Kobolds and Catacombs
George makes his first physical appearance alongside his friend Karl. They are both fought as a tag team, with George's Hero Power giving all of their minions Divine Shield and Karl's being The Silver Hand (the upgraded paladin Hero Power). They cry out in horror when the other is defeated. When George and Karl defeat the player, George talks about getting the two back to Un'Goro.
Rise of Shadows
In The Dalaran Heist adventure, George makes his first villainous appearance as one of the nine playable lieutenants of the League of E.V.I.L. who represents the paladin class, unlocked with the fifth chapter alongside the warlock Tekahn. As George the Fallen, his Hero Powers are Reinforce (the normal paladin Hero Power), Backup, which adds three Silver Hand Recruits to your hand, and Boon of Light, which gives a friendly minion Divine Shield. When he is played in the fifth chapter, Rafaam tells him that all of his friends betrayed him and he can rely on him and the League. George assists them in taking over Dalaran, believing that the ones who killed Karl were in the city.
George appears as the penultimate boss in both the League of Explorers and League of E.V.I.L. routes. In both cases, George is redeemed and fights against the League of E.V.I.L. from then on.
- In the Explorers' route, George the Fallen is the boss and the player controls Karl, who had joined the League of Explorers since being rescued in Tombs of Terror. George sees Karl as a hallucination, but Karl tries to snap him out of it. When Karl defeats George, the fallen paladin realizes that it really is Karl, and apologises for what he did. If Karl dealt the final blow through a weapon, George remembers Karl's signature strike and accepts that it is him. Either way, Karl invites George to follow the Light and become "bros" again, causing the two to merge into a tag team.
- In E.V.I.L.'s route, George and Karl are fought as a tag team, and the player controls Rakanishu, with the League of E.V.I.L. stopping the two in the Dalaran town square. After Rakanishu uses his Hero Power to burn down all of the fruit carts, he transforms into Rakanishu, Rekindled and defeats the pair.
- George and Karl actually debuted in the Journey to Un'Goro expansion, albeit only being mentioned in card text through the paladin cards Lost in the Jungle and Vinecleaver. Since both of these cards summon two Silver Hand Recruits, they are implied to be George and Karl.
- George is one of the playable characters in the Battlegrounds mode. His Hero Power is Boon of Light, which works like it does in The Dalaran Heist, but permanently gives the minion Divine Shield due to enchantments made in the tavern lasting for the whole game.
- In his Galakrond's Awakening boss fight in Heroic mode, George reacts to Lost in the Jungle and Vinecleaver (mentioned above) recalling the memories he had with Karl. He also reacts to any kobold minions with hatred, calling them "horrible creatures". If the King Togwaggle card from Kobolds and Catacombs is played, George says "You! You filthy good for nothing kobold! It's all YOUR fault!" suggesting that he believes Togwaggle and his kobolds were the ones who killed Karl when they were lost in the catacombs, or betrayed him at some point.