|This villain was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being heinous enough or lacks what is necessary to be a Pure Evil villain. Therefore, this villain shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed villains rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same evil-doer. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PE villains.|
Any act of adding this villain to the Pure Evil category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this villain without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
She was Queen Ingrith's head servant who exercises several functions, such as weapon engineer and archer, and is also capable of playing the pipe organ, an ability she uses to scatter the harmful iron powder/Tomb Bloom pollen mixture against the fairies.
She was portrayed by Jenn Murray.
Lady Gerda is first seen in an armor down in the castle's underground chambers crafting weapons. When Maleficent, Aurora, and Diaval arrive the castle for dinner, she announces their presences. At this point, she is shown to already know about Queen Ingrith's plan and dutifully comply to it. When Maleficent tries to fly away from the castle, she shoots her with a crossbow, causing her to fall into a waterfall before she is rescued by Conall.
During the battle between Ulstead and the Dark Fey, she is the one who is responsible for playing the pipe organ that scatters iron powder/Tomb Bloom pollen mixture towards the fairies when they are locked in the chapel, resulting in Flittle sacrificing herself to stop Gerda by disabling the pipe organ at the cost of her own life.
Once Flittle dies and when Gerda tries to get the pipe organ working again, she ultimately falls to her apparent death after being attacked by Knotgrass and Thistlewit, who avenge the death of Flittle. Gerda is not seen or mentioned again in the rest of the film afterwards.
Lady Gerda is a cold and reserved woman. She shows loyalty to the kingdom and Queen Ingrith in particular. She is also a brilliant and polyvalent woman, because of her multiples skills of engineering or archery. Her nearly blind obedience toward the Queen comes perhaps because she seems share the same hatred and racism towards the magical creatures, as seen when she shot down Maleficent and Conall, killing the latter. Despite the fact that she appears to be a stoic person, she has a murderous and sadistic side, proved when she gleefully plays the organ, knowing that it would massacre the creatures trapped in the chapel. She also went to far in killing Flittle, who sacrifices her life to save the fair folk by going into the organ to stop the evil head servant from playing the organ.
- Queen Ingrith - Former superior
- Maleficent - Attempted victim
- Conall †
- Knotgrass, Thistletwit and Flittle † - Victim (Flittle) and Killers (Knotgrass and Thistletwit)
- Gerda is the third villain in the Maleficent franchise to die in their first appearance, preceded by King Henry and King Stefan.
- Though no sources confirm this, it can be inferred and noted that Gerda have some similarities in roles with Lord Duke, a character from Sleeping Beauty and Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams, as they are both stewards and announcers who act as advisors to the monarchs (Ingrith for Gerda, King Stefan for Duke). Unlike Gerda, Duke is a good male steward and lord who is loyal to Stefan, and in his larger role in Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams, Duke actually helps Aurora rule the kingdom for two days while her parents, Prince Phillip, and King Hubert are out of town for a Royal Conference.