Gloss is a minor antagonist from the second book of The Hunger Games trilogy, Catching Fire and film. He is a Career tribute and a former victor from District 1, alongside with his twin-sister Cashmere.
He was portrayed by Alan Ritchson.
As a teenager, Gloss volunteers for the unspecified The Hunger Games (event)|Hunger Games. Being a Career Tribute who has obviously been training for his entire life, he manages to win them. Since then, he lives in the Victor's Village and works as a mentor for next tributes, obviously including Marvel and Glimmer. His twin-sister Cashmere also participates in the Hunger Games and wins them.
When the 75th Hunger Games comes and its tributes are chosen from victors of the previous Games, Gloss and Cashmere are reaped again.
During training, Gloss usually spends time with his sister Cashmere. They once invite Katniss to practice making hammocks with them, with Katniss describing them as polite and cool. Gloss also shows great skills with throwing knives. During the interview, Gloss thanks the citizens of Panem for being kind to him and his sister, and says they are like his family.
In the arena, it takes Gloss a while till he reaches the Cornucopia. When he finally gets there, Katniss who outran her, shoots an arrow in his calf. However, the attack isn't fatal, so Gloss is able to continue. He alliances with the other Careers, Brutus, Enobaria and Cashmere, to kill the rest of the tributes. Gloss kills the District 6 male in the Cornucopia bloodbath.
Together, the Careers walk across the arena, looking for the survival tributes. When Katniss and the rest of the Rebel Alliance's tributes return back to the Cornucopia to retrieve more weapons, the Careers attack them immediately. Gloss slits Wiress' throat with a dagger before Katniss manages to shoot an arrow to his temple which results in a quick death. In the movie, Katniss' arrow hits him in the chest, killing him immediately.
- District 6 male - stabbed with a knife (Cornucopia bloodbath)
- Wiress - throat slit with a dagger
- His name means "glint", just like Glimmer's.
- Gloss and Marvel are very similar, as they are both from District 1 and both are killed by Katniss who fires an arrow on them.
- Gloss and Cashmere are likely in their 20s as they won the Games when Katniss was a child. It means they are ones of the youngest tributes in the 75th Hunger Games.
- Gloss and Cashmere are only known siblings who have won the Hunger Games.