|“||Get out, get out, GET OUT!||„|
|~ Green Ghoul screaming at the gang.|
The Green Ghoul (or as he is refered to in the episode as the Ghost) is the main antagonist of the A Pup Named Scooby-Doo first episode, "A Bicycle Built for Boo!".
Mr. Conrad was voiced by late Chuck McCann and the Ghost by the late Hamilton Camp.
Mr. Conrad is the boss of the Daily Babbler newspaper. But, he is also a crook who counterfeits money. He didn't want anybody to find out so he disguised himself as the Ghost and scared people away from Furgeson State, an old abandoned mansion which acts as the base for his counterfeiting operation.
In the begining of the episode, Shaggy says that he deals out the Daily Babbler newspaper and that Mr. Conrad is his boss. Shaggy tells Scooby to fill his bicycle basket with the papers. Scooby goes out and the Ghost appears and steals Shaggy's bike. Terrified, Scooby runs into the house and tell everything to Shaggy. Shaggy and Scooby later calls the gang and meets them in their headquarters (a tree house). They tell the gang about the Ghost and Fred says it must be the neighbourhood's local bully Red Herring. They find out that Red isn't the culprit and Velma discover a tire track from Shaggy's bike. Scooby follows the track and eventually they end up in the Daily Babbler building. There, they speak with Mr. Conrad and Scooby finds green dry ink, but they all get thrown out by Mr. Conrad.
Later, Scooby tracks the bike trail to Furgeson State. They split up to search for Shaggy's bike. Velma, Scooby and Shaggy discovers the Ghost and runs away telling it to Daphne and Fred. Daphne still doesn't believe in them and suddenly, a woman named Shirley McLoon who claims to be a famous medium appears. She says that her psychic abilities says that they should get out of there and then she leaves. During the time she's away, she gets captured by the Ghost. Despite Shirley's warning, the gang goes inside the mansion but falls down through a trap door. Down there, they discover large loads of money, which Velma says all have the same serial numbers. The Ghost comes in but they escape through a secret passageway. They discover a printing press and Shaggy's bike but without the bike chain. The bike chain is used on the printing press. The Ghost comes in again and he starts to chase the gang around.
After the chase, the Green Ghoul ends up stuck in the printing press. The gang frees Shirley, who is actually an undercover agent of the U.S. Treasury Department investigating the counterfeiting operation, from inprisonment and they unmask the Ghost, revealing it to be Mr. Conrad. The gang explains everything and Mr. Conrad gets arrested.
Chase Song, "Gloopy Green Ghost"
A song that plays when the gang is chased by the Green Ghoul.
Here comes the gloppy green ghost
The ghost that we all hate the most
He's sloppy, he's gloppy, he's green
But besides all that he's mean
Don't you run around in a bunch
He'll eat the whole gang up for lunch
We're just telling the facts
His claws are sharper than tacks
Look out he's coming for ya
Look out he's playing for ya
He's sloppy, he's gloppy, he's mean
But besides all that...
- How the Green Ghoul was able to do the face-within-a-face trick is never explained.
- One thing that gave his identity away was that earlier when Mr. Conrad kicked the gang out of his building, he yelled "GET OUT!" three times. Later, when he was in his Green Ghoul disguise, he did the same thing after he popped out of a cellar door, attempting to scare Scooby, Shaggy, and Velma away.
- In a mock follow-up, a promo for A Pup Named Scooby-Doo during Cartoon Network's Powerhouse era, has the Green Ghoul (referred to as the "Big Green Monster") shown in jail, admitting that it wasn't worth it in the end after the gang stopped him.
- The Green Ghoul appears in the intro for A Pup Named Scooby-Doo three times. He is one of the most popular monsters from the A Pup Named cooby-Doo series. Along with the Sludge Monster from the Earth's Core, Boogedy Bones, the Cheese Monster, the Ghost of Al Cabone and Chickenstein.
- Even though the Green Ghoul is called the Ghost in the episode, he in absolutely no way resembles a ghost. So the name Green Ghoul is a better name.
- He is actually the first ever villain for the gang to unmask. Although the Black Knight Ghost from the original series is often referred to as that. But if A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is canon then the Ghost (or Green Ghoul) is the first.