|“||Good. Very soon there will be no more ponies in Ponyland!||„|
Grogar is a ram sorcerer who appears as one of the antagonists in the G1 series, My Little Pony and Friends. He is the main antagonist in the four-part episode, The Return of Tambelon.
He was voiced by Michael Bell, who also voices The Fear from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Medivh from the Warcraft games, Quackerjack from Darkwing Duck, and Lex Luthor in the 80's Superman Cartoon.
Grogar is an evil demonic ram sorcerer and the leader of a kingdom named Tambelon, who once ruled Ponyland with an iron hoof 500 years ago before he was defeated when the ancient bell was rung. This banished him and the city to the Shadow World.
He then returned to Ponyland 500 years later, capturing all the Unicorn Ponies one by one and plans to capture everyone in Dream Valley to be banished to the Shadow World. He has a cold and antagonistic personality, always scolding Bray for his mistakes and sometimes abuses the Troggles so they can follow his orders and do what he wants. Grogar's powers come from the bells on his neck, and he has superior magic skills far beyond any Unicorn Pony that ever existed.
Grogar was defeated again by Megan after she rang the ancient bell for the second time, destroying the bell containing his power and banishing him and the whole city back to the Shadow World.
It is said he is unlikely to escape the Realm of Darkness again.
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Main article: Grogar (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Grogar appears as the overarching antagonist of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. He appears in the ninth and final season, and it is possible that he is the final antagonist of the series. In this version, he is voiced by Doc Harris.
- A popular fan speculation was that Grogar would be the villain in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 5 premiere since Tirek was rebooted as the Season 4 finale antagonist. However, this was proven false, and the real antagonist in the Season 5 premiere is Starlight Glimmer. However he ultimately becomes the show's final antagonist for the last season.
- One interesting note is that in the episode "Flurry Of Emotions" where he was mentioned in the book, Grogar's fate has not been revealed. It is possible that it is a foreshadow that Grogar and Gusty are actually real (similar to Daring Do and Ahuizotl) and can potentially appear.
- Grogar makes a cameo appearance in the Friendship is Magic comic Nightmare Knights #1.
- Grogar's defeat takes place during a song. The next time this is done with a My Little Pony villain is in Friendship is Magic, with The Dazzlings - Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk.
- It is a common misconception that Grogar is a necromancer in My Little Pony and Friends, despite nothing in the show indicating this to be true. Ironically, the version of Grogar from Friendship is Magic uses necromancy to resurrect fellow villain King Sombra.