|“||I kill anyone who makes me their enemy. Anyone who stands in my way. I don't show mercy. But I don't discriminate. I don't care if we were classmates. I won't hesitate to kill you.||„|
|~ Hajime to Kouki in the dub|
|“||I definitely used to be. But not anymore||„|
|~ Hajime revealed to Cattleya that he is not human anymore in the dub.|
|“||Looks like this 'Irregular' was more than you could handle.||„|
|~ Hajime after killing Noint.|
|“||I don't care what drove you to this, I don't care what your motives are, and I don't have time to listen to you explained them. If that's all you got to say... then die.||„|
|~ Hajime's sadism to Eri regardless of her betrayal.|
Hajime Nagumo, also better known as the God Slaying Demon King, is the main protagonist of Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest. He is the anti-hero of the series.
He was once a weak willed and incompetent but an extremely kind and innocent human before when he was abused and bullied by Daisuke Hiyama and his gang and had a miserable life at school and Tortus when he is enable to get Kaori Shirasaki's attraction in school. After fall into the Abyss from Daisuke Hiyama's betrayal and suffered merely 2 days after a monster cut off his left arm and eaten it, he abandoned his kindness and became a ruthless and sadistic killer to murder anyone who gets in his way. After killing the powerful monsters and eating their meat to absorb their powers and might, he mutated into a monster and became a human/monster hybrid but no longer considered himself as a human anymore. He and his harem has caused massacres and genocides in Tortus of murdering those who were blindly worship the god wannabe alien. Ehit.
After returning to his weak and useless classmates only to repay for Kaori, he cuts his ties and deserting them as they are not his friends or comrades but ended up having Kaori to join his party to try to win his heart.
|“||Good luck surviving out there. Knowing you, you probably won't make it.||„|
|~ Hajime's sadism to Hiyama before murdering him to the monsters.|
Hajime was once a weak willed human but extremely kind. He has a brave will which got attention from Kaori Shirasaki. He was abused and bullied by Daisuke Hiyama and his gang for enable to got attention the popular idol. He was an otaku who loves video games, movies, anime and manga from both of his parents (his father as a video game designer and mother as a movie, anime and manga creator). His studies were average and he lacked sports due to his laziness when sleeping in class.
After he was left for dead due to Daisuke Hiyama's betrayal, Hajime abandoned his kindness and adopted a newly personality of being cold, unstable, ruthless, uncaring and sadistic murderer after turning into a monster by eating the monsters' meat when killing them to absorb their powers. He cares nothing for his former classmates (except for Shirasaki and Yaegashi) and will kill them if they get in his way caused them to be afraid of him even his former bullies are terrified. After learned from the Liberators of Tortus was manipulated by the evil "god", Ehit, Hajime doesn't respects or worship for the gods but rather insult and disrespected the so-called gods as he will kill them as well. He viewed Apostles and Demons to be "God's puppets". He has no hesitation of killing one of his former classmates who made pact with the demons to have 60,000 monsters and harm his teacher, Aiko. Even though he reunited with his classmates (only to indebted Kaori), Hajime still doesn't care about them and gave them a warning if getting in his way, he will kill them which caused them to be afraid of him including his former bullies from past are terrified of him. When one of his lovers (Kaori Shirasaki) was temporarily murdered at the hands of Hiyama, Hajime became outrageous and more unstable when destroying his undead classmates and the knights who were killed by Eri and Hiyama. He murdered Hiyama his former bully who is now his victim by breaking almost all his bones and damaging his internal organs after beating him up and toss him to the monsters for them to eaten Hiyama alive as Hajime watch pitiless when Hiyama screamed in agony as well walked away and abandoned his former bully to his death. After murdered his former bully, Hajime made this murder as a lesson from Hajime's warning to his former classmates, if they dared cross him or harming his comrades (harem), he will murder them just like he did with Hiyama. After returning to Japan, He was less merciless only to beaten up anyone who are annoyance his wives as he beaten up the students from the Yaegashi family dojo effortlessly and bullied and humiliated the so-called "Soul Sisters" who are annoying to his wife, Shizuku Yaegashi and his idiot brother-in-law Lundel, who is a failure attractive boy after being bothersome to both of two of his wives (Lundel's sister Liliana and Hajime's childhood love interest, Shirasaki), and adoptive daughter, Myu while Hajime has no qualm of throwing a sugar cube at Lundel. He is disgusted of his wife, Tio's perversion and will no show hesitation on if she keeps continuing her perverted actions. Hajime considered Tortus to be the world of murder due to Ehit's manipulation. He shown no tolerance of empty idealism, emotionally weaknesses or cowardice when he told Kouki Amanogawa (the supposedly strongest of the Hero Party) of stop enforcing his delusional habits of "justice" to be his weakness toward the murderer when he was unable to kill Cattleya. Hajime even called his former bullies the same thing they used to call him as weak and worthless as he seeing madness in their eyes and lack of actual sincerity. Hajime still doesn't care for his previous mistreatment nor to forgives for those who betrayed him at all as he refused to return back to the so-called "Hero Party" who are pawns to Ehit after Hiyama had left Hajime for dead only for him to survived as an indestructible monster when Hajime exposed his betrayal in front of him and his gang when noticing Hiyama and his gang were feigning an apologize for forgiveness just so they would get closer to Kaori (Hajime's childhood love interest since middle school). Despite used to be human, Hajime has no hesitation of murdering the human or demon worshipers who were worship (in reality to be pawns) the evil god, Ehit. Hajime viewed Kouki as an emotionally incompetent weakling and a masochist hero who can never defeat him when he easily defeated the so-called "chosen hero" twice first in an unarmed duel and in his second while Kouki fused with his doppelganger. Despite of his average grades, Hajime is emotionally intelligent as well hold the knowledge of strengths and weaknesses. Hajime is disinterested of pointless and useless challenges from those who are weaker than himself. Hajime is remorseless when he made his enemies suffered towards hardships, despair and agonies as he suffered before killing them.
|“||The foolish one is you, you big fool. When exactly did I say that I was allied with the Kingdom and these guys here? Don’t just selfishly categorize me with them. If you want a war, then go right ahead. However, if you get in my way just like now, I’ll erase everything. Ma~a, I’m not free enough to waste my time on 1 million opponents though, this time around I’ll let you off so hurry up with the remaining people and get lost. You’re the commander of the army right?||„|
|~ Hajime to Freid Bagwa after killed Freid's 100,000 troops.|
|“||If I have power, I should use it for justice? It’s because you think like that that you always end up messing up when it really matters. Personally, I think power should be wielded with a clear intent. You don’t do something because you have the power to. It’s because you want to do something that you obtain the power necessary to achieve it. If you really think you’re obligated to do things just because you have the strength to, then for you, strength is nothing more than a curse. You lack resolve, Amanogawa. Anyway, I’m not going to argue with you about the path I’ve chosen. If you keep pissing me off I’ll send you flying out of here like I did with Hiyama.||„|
|~ Hajime's disdains for Kouki's deluded justice|
As a mercenary, Hajime only work for those who needed to accomplish missions in exchange to pay him up for golds and moneys. After succeeded missions, Hajime then, leaves his original clients and ended their deal as he move on to the other clients to hiring him for more important missions. He revealed he only work for them just so he could get paid for more currencies. He works alone with his harem and never takes orders from those who are weaker than himself and ignored every of their commands when he disregarded Kouki's pleas to spare Cattleya.
Despite he was once human, Hajime is coldblooded and merciless genocidal who is not loyal to flags, kingdoms, countries, churches or villages who are blindly worshiping the false god when unleashing the massacre in the war against both Garland and Heiligh Kingdom by killing demons and humans worshipers. He has no feelings when he torments, tortures and killing his enemies (including women such as a monster women, Cattleya and Noint). Since he has no concerns for the Holy Church, Hajime has no qualms when he ordered Tio of destroying the Holy Church's temple to kill the Pope and his bishops for their interference in his fight with Noint. Hajime is one step ahead of his enemies such as Freid Bagwa by using his satellite laser to extinguished 100,000 of Freid's troops.
Due to his mutation, Hajime have no interests of worthless challenges or pointless fights from those who are weaker than himself as he considered them to be a waste of time and effort when he easily defeated them. He doesn't take challenges or fights seriously as he deemed himself to be more powerful than anyone including his now weak and useless classmates (mostly Kouki Amanogawa and Daisuke Hiyama). He viewed those who challenged him to take his harem by force to be pathetic and worthless weaklings such as his idiot classmate, Kouki when Hajime easily defeated the so-called "chosen hero" twice in first a useless unarmed duel and later a foolish fight when Kouki failed miserably of trying to take his harem. Out of all his classmate who he deemed to be weak and incompetents, Hajime viewed few who are more weaker than even to his classmates (such as Kouki Amanogawa (his idiot classmates who holds a weak resolves due to his delusions and his former bully, Daisuke Hiyama who was a weak, selfish sore loser due to his persistently lust for Kaori and his lack of responsibility when he keep inflicting pain on those who are weaker than himself as a result for Hajime brutalized Hiyama and tossed and abandoned his former tormentor to monsters to his death for his betrayal).
|“||When you're this stupid, there's no point even pointing out your stupidity. But let me say just one thing. Who do you think you are, saying Yue's name without honorifics? You bastard.||„|
|~ Hajime's anger toward Kouki for saying Yue's name.|
In spite of his average academic grades, Hajime is highly emotionally intelligent even more than one of his lovers/wives, Shizuku Yaegashi. Hajime considered Tortus' true nation as a world of murder and conflicts as it lacked peace due to conflicts between humans and demons manipulated by the false god. Hajime is already aware Hiyama once tried to kill him when he not only he refused to forgive him by calling him and his gang weak and worthless due to lack of sincerity of seeing madness in Hiyama's eyes, but backfired his plan right in front of Hiyama and his gang which caused Hiyama not only being afraid of Hajime's demonic powers, but became a deranged lunatic when he will never get the chance to make Kaori as his girlfriend. After learned from the Liberators' holographic message, Hajime considered fighting for Ehit is completely meaningless and pathetic such as Kouki's delusional pride habits of his childish ideals and his so-called "justice". When knew Kouki is more naive, Hajime decided to not informed him of Ehit's manipulation even if he did tell him which is too late for that after the Holy Church chosen Kouki as "hero" and all of worships from the Holy Church and Heiligh Kingdom he received was nothing more but a feeble lie and his expectations of classmates are meant to helping and protecting each other are stupid and ridiculous due to enable for Eri and Hiyama betrayed them without noticing but too late for that. Hajime considered Kouki's fusion with his doppelganger as a pathetic measly power-up to be so weak to defeat him. Hajime acknowledge Noint to be similar of Valhalla's Valkyries of the Norse mythologies despite of his average grades. Hajime correctly considered Kouki's failure was because of his naivety which lead Kouki to his own failures. Hajime's intelligence is even more greater when he is one step ahead of his enemies such as hostage take of his classmates and the Heiligh Kingdom by Freid (a delusional demon general) doesn't work him and Eri's plans of attempted hostage taking of one of his lovers/wives, Remia and his adopted daughter, Myu will always lead to her failures due to Hajime always continually foils her and Garland's plans.
Despite of being merciless and murderer, Hajime is still honorable what left of his morality. He cares deeply his harem and fathered Myu. He freed Yue as his most trusted companion and main lover after heard she was also betrayed. He allowed his childhood lover, Kaori Shirasaki to join his party for her try to win his heart. After murdered Hiyama in coldblooded, Hajime gave his classmates chances to join him of clearing the remained Labyrinths to kill Ehit. In the funeral after defeating Garland's troops, Hajime enlightened his classmates of what really happened in his "fall" is actually an intentionally murder attempted by Hiyama but wasn't an accident. He only let Kouki, Ryutarou, Shizuku and Suzu travelling with him just for Kaori's sake but not his. He gives his respects to Ryutarou, Suzu and Shizuku for accomplish their trials (except for his idiot classmate, Kouki due to his habits to his childish ideals and his delusion pride as result for his failure of accomplishing his trial). After killing Ehit, He was willing to bring his former classmates back to Japan with him. Hajime willing to help would-be slaves and Myu by killing the slave traders and their leader and destroy their hideouts with the help of his party (harem). Due to Kaori's sake, He obliged of Suzu's begging of giving Eri resolves but told her he will kill Eri if she doesn't redeem herself. As a freelance mercenary, Hajime only work for his client just for money. Hajime found his former bullies who now became stooges, Nakano and Yoshiki annoying even though they shown their respects for him. His treatment from his former classmates improved as they called him as the "God Slaying Demon King" after he slayed Ehit. He cares for his comrades as he married them all and have Yuka as a mistress as part of his family. He is protective for his wives, mistress and stepdaughter Myu. He took Myu everyday to school like an ordinary father. He is respectful for almost all his family-in-laws for protecting their daughters and granddaughter (only for Tio).
His otaku habits still remained unchanged even with Shirasaki still grown him and his wife.
Hajime has a immense love for his family. His parents were responsible for Hajime became an otaku from their creations of both video games (from his father) and anime and manga (from his mother). In his summon, his parents told Hajime to survive and return to Japan safety at all costs even if it means to abandon his kindness and mortality to become a genocidal mass murderer, a sadistic bringer of agonies, a weapon of mass destruction and even a god slaying destroyer. Hajime will never let anyone get their filthy hands or laying a single finger on his harems even if they are his companions' childhood friends, siblings, or not such as his idiot classmate, Kouki Amanogawa (Kaori and Shizuku's idiot childhood friend who has a stupid childish ideals) when he attempted to take them by force when challenging Hajime to a pointless and childish challenges only for him ended up defeating Amanogawa twice so easily.
- Shuu Nagumo (father)
- Sumire Nagumo (mother)
- Yue (main lover and first wife)
- Kaori Shirasaki (wife)
- Shea Haulia (wife)
- Tio Klarus (wife)
- Shizuku Yaegashi (wife)
- Liliana S. B. Heiligh (wife)
- Remia (wife)
- Aiko Hatayama (teacher and wife)
- Myu (adoptive daughter)
- Ryutarou Sakagami
- Suzu Taniguchi
- Kouki Amanogawa (frenemy and annoyance)
- Holy Church (currently)
- Meld Loggins (former mentor and killed victim while he was undead)
- Yoshiki Saitou and Shinji Nakano (currently stooges)
- Ehit (archenemy and killed victim)
- Daisuke Hiyama (archenemy, bully, attempted murderer: pre-fall, Direct murdered victim: post-fall)
- Yoshiki Saitou and Shinji Nakano (formerly)
- Eri Nakamura
- Cattleya (killed victim)
- Freid Bagwa (sworn enemy)
- Monsters (murdering victims and snacks)
- Noint (killed victim)
- Holy Church (formerly)
- Yukitoshi Shimizu (killed victim)
- Ishtar Langbard (directed killed victim)
- Holy Church Bishops (directed killed victims)
Abilities and Powers
- Mystical Mutation: Hajime gained this mutation by devouring powerful monsters' meat and drank a liquefied mana. He has bypassing level 100's limits. The cost of his mutation is no longer considered to be a human anymore.
- Superhuman Strength: After he devoured many powerful monsters and absorbing their powers for his mutation, Hajime get demonic strength more powerful than demons, Apostles and false gods after slaying Ehit. Hajime's strength is 12 times more powerful than the supposedly strongest, Kouki Amanogawa. His strength is even greater than strength blessed humans, beastmen, demons and Apostles such as when he killed Noint. His strength is unrivaled and has no equal meaning no one in the Hero Party and Garland's demon troops (such as the supposedly strongest, Kouki Amanogawa and the demons' general Freid) has the strength or power match his strength. His inhuman strength can easily break humans' bones and damage their internal organs even those who were blessed by physical power such as the traitor, Daisuke Hiyama, who was one of the supposedly strongest of the so-called "Hero Party". He easily defeated the supposedly strongest and the so-called "hero" Kouki Amanogawa twice in first the unarmed duel and later his second fight even merged with his doppelganger (which wasn't strong enough to defeat Hajime) without any efforts. His powers are too much for anyone to handle even a spell used by the pope and his bishops when Hajime break free this spell and ruthlessly attacked the pope and his bishops.
- Superhuman Speed: Hajime has tremendous speed that not even the Hero Kouki Amanogawa can catch his speed and keep dodge. His speed is at least 12 times faster than one of his lover/wives, Shizuku Yaegashi.
- Durability/Invulnerability/Regeneration: When unleashed his crimson Mana during his fight with Noint, Hajime get invulnerability, Tremendous Durability (damage resistant) and regeneration. He doesn't get a single injury or a scratch from those attacks that are weak such as Cattleya's most powerful attacks, Kouki's sword attacks and Hiyama's fireball. His Durability is at least 12 times tougher than Ryutarou Sakagami. When his fight against Noint, Hajime only took one slightest injury as it nicked him a little. His regeneration heals his wounds even if its severe.
- Enhanced Senses: Hajime can sense through any magic attacks even sneak attacks. Along his emotionally intelligence, He can predict every moves or plans his enemies who commends only for him to foil every of their plans to ensure his enemies will all be emerged to their defeats in miserable failures.
- Marksmanship: Like earth's military soldiers, Hajime has great accuracy of using firearms and grenades. His revolvers can penetrates high level monsters' durability and pierce through armors such as the Templar Knights and Kouki's strongest armor. While his sniper rifle is 10 times more powerful version than his revolvers. His pile bunker has the power to penetrate through defenses and pierce a powerful individual's weak points such as Noint's heart. One of his wives, Shizuku Yaegashi asked of Hajime's newly rank as a gunner which is unknown to him.
- Immunity: Due to devouring powerful monsters, Hajime has immunity to all source of conditions. He is immune from mind control. Due to drinking alcohol by his father, Hajime is immune from its intoxication.
- Weaponry Creations: Hajime created powerful weapons with powerful ores similarities of Earth's military's firearm for war. His shield has powerful defense also reflects the attack back into his enemies. His hammer is one of his greatest masterpiece a gift to one of his lovers/wives, Shea Haulia. His black sword is one his greatest masterpiece that is light but cuts through anything and cannot be broken as it was a gift for one of his lovers/wives, Shizuku Yaegashi. His mini-gun has incredible power and hold 12000 bullets and his anti-tank rocket can caused great explosion though outnumbered but not outgunned. Hajime's orbital satellite laser can destroy countries and lands and the lives within when he demonstrated of extinguished 100,000 demons troops under Freid Bagwa's commands. His shotgun shells contains not ordinary gunpowder, but poison needles. He created powerful grenades and bullets from monsters' manas and genes. His Twin Iron Fans are powerful fans imbue the user's blood for barriers and tornadoes as it was a gift for Suzu Taniguchi to replace her failed enhanced bracelets.
- Vehicle Creations: Hajime created any source of vehicles for transportation. His motorcycle similar to an american gang's bikes while carries 3 people. His truck carried at least 10 people similar to military hummer. His bus carried 20 people. His submarine is similar to a navy submarines but lava proof. His aircraft travel many place in few minutes. His speed boat is similar to a navy speed boat. Hajime not only created this vehicles for transportation, but equipped with heavily guns and launchers.
- Medical Knowledge: Hajime created elixir to heal wounds even if it's severe. But it cannot help those are beyond saving such as Yukitoshi Shimizu after shot at the heart by unknown demon assailant.
- Spirit Magic: Hajime can revived anyone who temporarily died by using Noint's body as a vessel when he revived his lover and future wife, Kaori Shirasaki within 5 days.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combat: Hajime never received any method for training before his mutation. With his mutation, Hajime has tremendous power of hand-to-hand combat. He can overpowered the supposedly strongest humans, demons, beastmens and Apostles even without using his guns. His Hand-to-Hand combat skills are considered to be too dangerous when it holds the power to break bones and damaging their inner organs even to human who are blessed with enhanced physical powers such as when he thrashed the traitor and his formerly bully from the past, Daisuke Hiyama after the latter killed Kaori Shirasaki (who is Hajime's lover since she met him in middle school). Hajime has easily thrashed the so-called "chosen hero", Kouki Amanogawa without sustaining any injuries after defeated him so easily twice.
- Training Methods: Through his mutation, Hajime has a harsh and brutal training methods of turning weak willed people into a strong assassins. According to Ryutarou Sakagami, Hajime is considered to be a pupil of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.
- Body Modifications: While revived person resided into Noint's body, Hajime has tremendous adjustments of modification of the revived person's original body with both Noint's genes and organs through undergo and transplant surgeries to make their bodies tough and cannot die so easily as he did modifications on his lover/wife Kaori.
- Intelligence: Despite of his average grades, Hajime is extremely emotionally intelligent. He is fully aware that Kouki is so naive and delusional enough to not believe and get mad at him instead if he did tell him of Ehit's manipulations which is the reason he will not tell him. Hajime already know Hiyama was attempted to kill him before when he backfired Hiyama's plans towards him and his gang and will use the knowledge for Hiyama's own demise. During his short fight with Hiyama, Hajime revealed of truth of Kaori will never become Hiyama's girlfriend for his worthless life due to his lack of responsibilities which always caused Hiyama to his own failures as well as his downfall as Hajime was not expected Hiyama to survive when kicked toward the monster hordes. Hajime also has the knowledge for strength and weaknesses. Hajime considered Noint as a weak "god's" puppet who stood no chance against him after killed her. He viewed Kouki as an emotional and incompetent weakling who can never defeat him in both strength and willpower as he easily defeated him twice in an unarmed duel and later when Kouki merged with his doppelganger for a pathetic measly power up that is still too weak to defeat Hajime. Hajime knows the all Tortus worshiped the same fake god. Hajime is also one step ahead than the foolish demon general of Garland, Freid Bagwa as Hajime called him the foolish one after wiped out 100,000 demon troops.
List of Hajime has killed:
- Countless Monsters
- Countless Humans
- Countless Demons (including over 100,000 from his satellite laser)
- Countless Apostles
- His Doppelganger
- Kouki's Doppelganger
- Many Eri Nakamura's undead soldiers
- Daisuke Hiyama (Direct murdered)
- Reichi Kondou (zombified)
- Hansen (Anime only)
- Yukitoshi Shimizu
- Meld Loggins (zombie)
- Hoelscher Nobles (directly)
- Ishtar Langbard (caused, directed murdered victim)
- Holy Church Bishops (caused, directed murdered victim)