|“||You let my plaything get away Batman, that wasn't nice.||„|
Harlequin is one of the antagonists in the webseries, Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles. This version resembles Harley Quinn and is an serial killer collecting peoples corpses to make dolls.
She is voiced by Tara Strong.
She wears black and red underwear that includes corset and white undies. She has some jester tattoos on her left arm and finger-less gloves. Her face appears to have white and black make up as well stitches on her neck. Her hair has same colors as Harley Quinn's jester hat.
Upon kidnapping and mutilating several innocent people, she uses the corpses as various toys, dolls, and mannequins. When Batman arrives to save a victim, he fights and defeats her after she cut herself with an chainsaw. She admits defeat, but ends up getting killed as Batman reveals himself to be a vampire and ends up biting her neck in order to drink her blood.
- According to Bruce Timm, Harlequin's similarities to Harley Quinn were deliberate, as the similarities as well as his having her killed by Batman were as a way of getting back at the New 52 for their redesign of Harley Quinn.
- There is actually a Golden Age Green Lantern villain named Harlequin. This character is thusly a sort of "composite character" of that character and Harley Quinn.
- In her fridge, aside from severed limbs, she has a drink called Grape Soder.
- Her having severed human limbs in her fridge is possibly a reference to the "Women In Refrigerators" concept, which was first coined by writer Gail Simone after Major Force (another DC villain), stuffed the dead body of Kyle Rayner's girlfriend into a fridge.
- Like the original comic book version of The Joker, she is to be more evil, cruel, ruthless, psychotic, malicious and murderous than the original version of her.