This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||I just wanna love, live and die my way. My normal way. I wanna be even more like the people I love.||„|
|~ Himiko Toga explaining her motives to Curious.|
|“||Looks like we both want to learn about each other, huh? So now... Your turn. Why are you hoping to become a hero? Honor? Pride? For someone else's sake? I want to know... all about you.||„|
|~ Toga disguised as Camie, confronting Izuku Midoriya.|
Himiko Toga is a major antagonist in the manga/anime series My Hero Academia. She is affiliated with the League of Villains, and a member of the organization's Vanguard Action Squad. She is a suspect on the run for serial murders involving blood drainage.
Like Dabi and Spinner, she was inspired by Stain and his ideology and decided to join the League, which was believed to harbor the Hero Killer's cause. However, unlike the other two, she is only interested in Stain's ideals, simply because of bloodshed and murder.
Himiko is a 17-year-old girl of petite height. She has ash-blonde hair which is tied into two buns with unruly strands of hair poking out of each. Her eyes are yellow with thin black pupils that somewhat resemble that of a cat. Her most common attire is a seifuku school uniform coupled with a red scarf as well as a dark blue skirt. Her socks are knee-length and she has a pair of shoes that are commonly worn as a part of a school uniform.
Her villain outfit consists of the same uniform but with additional support gadgets including a large black mask styled with a metallic smile, there are three needle canisters attached to both sides of her mask. She also has green utility boxes attached with a belt around her waist as well as two on her legs containing blades.
Himiko is very gleeful, jubilant and charismatic she is also very psychotic when it comes to people she thinks are attractive. She is seen with a smile most of the time and has an extremely effervescent and joyous expression. She has an extremely enthusiastic and carefree nature to her, as seen by how she does not mind calling someone she fights as a friend like Ochaco Uraraka and Tsuyu Asui. Himiko is also highly sadistic and inconsiderate, as she is shown to take pleasure from taking blood from Ochaco in her battle.
She also has a crush on Izuku Midoriya, seeing him as an attractive boy similar to her former classmate, Saito. When she first saw him after his fight with Muscular, she blushed and remarked on his beaten up appearance as something that is extremely attractive to her. Her crush on Izuku grows into a more obsessive level, where she secretly enters in the Hero License Exam, for the sole purpose of wanting to know more about Izuku. She was also extremely jolly and ebullient when she met Izuku again once more at the Yakuza hideout, becoming very happy when he remembered her.
In general, Toga has a twisted perspective of love. As mentioned before, she is attracted to heavily injured men and finds it appealing to inflict further pain upon them. During her fight with Ochaco Uraraka and Tsuyu Asui, she refers the two as her friends and by their first names, even after their battle, while also trying to kill them at the same time. When briefly pinned by Ochaco, she talks about the fact that it is natural to love someone so much that anyone literally wants to become exactly like them. However, it should be noted that her love is not genuine and it is more so an obsession. Ultimately speaking, she wishes to take on the appearances of the people she claims that she loves.
While she is easygoing and happy at most times, she is also surprisingly destructive and violent, as told by her crimes which involves murder and her desire to kill the Hero Killer, even though she admires him. Even when she was a child, she showed sign of unnatural and chaotic behavior as she devoured on animals and humans, sucking out their blood in order to fulfill her satisfaction. However, this behavior stems from her quirk, which requires blood to properly use, deeply affecting her psychology.
She also shows a strong hatred for the current society. She views it as a place where she can't be herself, since she was forced to hide her behavior during middle school and eventually snapped. From that point on, she ran away from home, determined to be herself and do what she pleased. She wishes to create a new society where she'll be free to act how she chooses, and is part of the reason why she joined the League of Villains. Whenever she's forced to do something she doesn't like, she gets irritated and sometimes violent. This is seen when Tomura orders Toga and Twice to work for Overhaul, who had killed Magne, and Toga holds a knife to Tomura's neck, demanding to know why she should do something she doesn't want to do.
Despite her violent tendencies, she is capable of showing true love and compassion to those around her. She was deeply affected by the loss of Magne, wanting to avenge her comrade's death, and comforted Twice when he was splitting between his two personalities. In addition to this, she was also devastated by Twice's demise at the hands of the heroes, to the point where she went on a blind, murderous rampage to avenge him. She also lamented at the heroes for killing him (rather hypocritically though, given the people she has killed) and was still in shock afterwards, wondering if they planned to kill her as well. She later showed to be genuinely hurt when Uraraka didn't relate to her and had tears in her eyes as she fled. Despite her brutality, it's possible that Himiko does desire for some form of connection with others, but is unable due to her way of "loving" people and hurting them as a result.
In the past, Himiko was regarded as a cheerful and reasonably well-mannered girl by her middle school peers. It is shown that she was quite popular and made many friends. This however was revealed to only be a persona she created in order to adhere to societal norms, something that was emphasized by her parents. When witnessing a boy called Saito get injured in a fight, Himiko's abnormal feelings began to spike in what she believed was a crush on him. Himiko eventually succumbed to her true nature and proceeded to attack Saito, crying tears of joy upon finally releasing her true self.
Powers and Abilities
- Transform: Himiko's Quirk allows her to take the physical form of another person, as well as imitate their voice. She pulls this off by ingesting the blood of the person she's stabbed. She needs a large quantity to pull this off, however, as a small stab from Ochaco's arm was not enough. She can also shift between disguises if she's consumed more that one person's blood, as shown when she changed from Uraraka to Camie. In addition, she gains the Quirk of the person she's copied, though she can only utilize their Quirks if she experiences enough emotional drive to become said person. Her Quirk does have limits though; when she transforms, the clothes of the person she's transforming into develop as well, leaving her with both her clothes and theirs, so she needs to take off her own clothes beforehand and when she becomes herself again she is nude.
- Stealth: Because of her Quirk, Himiko is capable of pulling off great stealth techniques, making her an incredible stealth agent. When she was disguised as Camie, it was implied that she fooled her classmates for three days, although one of them noted on her odd behaviour. She also had Izuku believe that she was the real Camie, and that Transform was Camie's actual Quirk.
Overall, Himiko is a crafty and manipulative villain. While she has no clear fighting style, it is clear that she is a dangerous fighter, as she was shown to fight rather aggressively against Midoriya during the Hero License Exam arc. She is quick and agile enough to keep up with the likes of Pro Hero Eraser Head, and was even able to get a quick stab on his shoulder. She also has quick reaction time, as shown when evading sneak attacks from Ochaco and Hanta.
- The mask that Toga wears during the Forest Training Camp Arc bears a bit of a resemblance to Bane's mask.
- Toga’s transformation of Ochaco melted away on the left side of her face revealing her own burnt face underneath in the Meta Liberation Army Arc bears a bit of resemblance to Two Face.
- Horikoshi stated that, out of all the female characters, Toga was the hardest to draw, mainly because of her eyes and hair. He then showed a drawing of her done by one of his assistants, stating that they make it look easy.
- Her peak popularity poll ranking was #9 on the Fifth Poll, making her both the second highest female character and second highest villain on the poll (behind Ochako Uraraka at #8 and Tomura Shigaraki at #6 respectively).
- Her highest stat in the Ultra Analysis Book is Technique at 5/6 (A+), and lowest is Power at 1/6 (E).
- In volume 19's omake, it is revealed that Toga had slightly different designs compared to her final one. It is also mentioned that in her original design, she has a habit of falling in love easily, regardless of gender.
- Her crazy personality, obsession for blood and violence, her look and sexual habits are very similar to famous DC Character Harley Quinn.
- Toga's omake states that, in addition to copying people's appearances, she can also copy their Quirks. For awhile, this remained unseen until it was introduced in Chapter 226, where she uses Ochaco's Quirk after semi-transforming into her.
- Toga is one of the youngest members of the League, alongside Mustard.
League of Villains
Paranormal Liberation Front