|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Donations are made to the student council, which controls all the gambling.||„|
|~ Ryota Suzui explaining the student council's role in the school system to Yumeko Jabami.|
The Hyakkaou Student Council is a major antagonistic faction in the gambling anime and manga series, Kakegurui. It is composed of a collective of powerful and influential students who maintain Hyakkaou Private Academy's established order of the student body.
Not much is known about the history of the student council. It was presumably founded around the time that Hyakkaou Private Academy opened. Some of the most powerful and influential students of the school joined the group and ever since, were put in charge of managing the school and it's students.
Kirari Momobami eventually became the president of the student council after defeating the Former President in a gamble. Ever since she took the seat as the new president of the council, it became much more aggressive and disciplinary when it came to centralizing debts of the other students through gambles and harsh donation requirements were enforced. Along with that, the Housepet hierarchical system was established, a term used for when a student has fallen into the bottom 100 contributors of donations to the council. As a result, said students would lose their general rights as independent humans at the school and be forced to follow tasks given to them by non-pet students. After creating all of these new regulations for the school to follow, Kirari and the Council created a system of control that was not only caused the students of Hyakkaou Academy to fall into their control, but even made an impact on the business and financial world.
Upon Yumeko Jabami enrolling into Hyakkaou, the Student Council was tasked with taking her down at all costs. Yuriko Nishinotouin became the first to succeed at said task by putting her in debt, which soon proved to be big enough for Runa Yomozuki to create a life plan for Yumeko. Yumeko soon afterwards had a public match with Kirari, in which they played Tarot Cards of Fate.
List of Members
- Kirari Momobami (president) - The heiress to the leading clan of the Hundred Devouring Families conglomerate. Her imposing personality combined with her fiercely good gambling skills result in her being feared by a majority of the school. Her dethroning of the previous president and overtaking of the group is what caused the council to become the disciplinary, oppressive faction is it during the events of the series.
- Unknown Former President (former president) - An unknown student who served as the president of the student council before being defeated in a gamble by Kirari and losing their seat to her.
- Ririka Momobami (vice president) - Kirari's twin sister. She barely speaks and is more often than not seen with a mask obscuring her face. Unlike the other members, her motive for working in the student council is unknown.
- Sayaka Igarashi (secretary) - A highly intelligent and straight-faced student who's incredibly loyal towards the student council, especially Kirari.
- Yumemi Yumemite (head of public relations) - A popular idol with a seemingly cheerful and upbeat personality. However, this is just a facade, as she's actually incredibly egotistic and hateful towards her fans.
- Runa Yomozuki (head of the Election Committee) - A highly arrogant and childish student who doesn't show much concern with actually enforcing the student council's orders in spite of her approval of the infamous housepet system enforced by the group. She stands put as the only council member Yumeko hasn't challenged so far.
- Yuriko Nishinotouin - (former treasurer and head of the Traditional Culture Research Club) - A woman with a clam and polite nature who is actually highly manipulative and cunning beneath her well-mannered demeanor.
- Midari Ikishima (head of the Beautification Council) - A masochistic and psychotic woman who's entire reason for joining the council is Kirari promising to kill her someday is she did. She has a obsessive lust for Yumeko and is missing an eye after stabbing it out to pay of a debt.
- Kaede Manyuda (treasurer) - The sole male member of the student council. He's very analytical and strategic, which soon proves enough to factor even the unpredictable Yumeko into his schemes. In spite of his high intelligence, he is still far below characters like Yumeko or Kirari in terms of his thrill for rgamblling.
- Aoi Mibuomi (former treasurer) - A student who, unlike most others members, opposes the housepet system and treats all students equally, no matter their rank.
- Sakura Miharutaki (former) - An honest young woman who is very serious about her position in the student council.
- Sachiko Juraku (former) - A cruel and sly psychopath who shows little to absolutely no empathy for anyone around her.
- Itsuki Sumeragi (former) - The wealthy daughter of a highly-successful toy company owner. She at first seems rather effervescent, but later shows her more twisted side when her hobby of forcibly stealing the nails of her defeated opponents of her collection is revealed. She later publicly defies the student council by helping Yumeko gamble against Manyuda with her own inheritance.
- The Council, on top of being in charge of maintaining the general students of Hyakkaou Academy, also has other committees and councils enforce the status-quo, whether it be by sponsoring gambling related events or enforcing the policy that effectively requires debts to be properly settled.
Hundred Devouring Families