Instant Martians are the names given to a species of Martian that Marvin the Martian created them growing from seeds as quickly-deployable soldiers. They serve as henchmen and army chief of the evil martian dwarf and also drive advanced vehicles and patrol him evil space bases and stations. Because an Instant Martian can comprehend and follow orders immediately after reconstitution, it can be assumed that their seed forms found in fact a style of cryptobiotic tun similar to a tardigrade. Even so, they are either not particularly clever or even perhaps suffer from a sort of "reconstitution sickness" as they have been seen to be outsmarted by a simple, if particularly cunning, Earth rabbit.
Marvin the Martian has sent them after Bugs Bunny, but they were all outsmarted by him. Prior to this short, aliens that looked very similar to them were encountered by Porky Pig and Sylvester the Cat during a desert camping trip, which were on a mission to collect earthlings for experimentation. Younger members of them were also encountered by Duck Dodgers around the year 2350. One of them would also be caught sleeping on the job of guarding a ship and failing to notice as Bugs and Daffy hijacked it.
- Jumpin' Jupiter (prototype/similar looking character)
- Hare-Way to the Stars
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action (cameo)
- Marvin the Martian in the Third Dimension (like a robotic prototype)
- The Looney Tunes Show (unnamed Martian bird-equivalents)
- They reappear in The Looney Tunes Show during Marvin's music video "I'm a Martian". In this short video, in addition to one being a DJ and one a hippie guitarist; there are also females seen dancing. They next appeared in another music video entitled Be Polite.
- They are shown to like parties in The Looney Tunes Show, although it can be presumed that this would be on an individual basis.