This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||Thousands of years ago, she escaped from a realm of fear and darkness. And after she escaped, she tried to track down relics from her realm called the Di'Allas to regain power. She left a path of destruction wherever she went, destroying worlds looking for them.||„|
|~ Alphonso Mackenzie reading out Dr. Marcus Benson's discoveries of Izel's mythology.|
Izel is the main antagonist of Season 6 of the TV series Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
She is a non-corporeal god-like demonic entity, a former lover of Pachakutiq/Sarge and the creator of the parasitic Shrike, where she uses them to destroy planets she comes across. She intends on reclaiming her Monoliths so she can summon her relatives from her dimension and destroy all life in the universe.
In her physical form, she is portrayed by Karolina Wydra. Whilst possessing her hosts, she was portrayed by Max Osinski (as Davis), Ming-Na Wen (as May), Briana Venskus (as Piper), Jeff Ward (as Deke), Iain De Caestecker (as Fitz), Henry Simmons (as Mack), Natalia Cordova-Buckley (as Yo-Yo) and Coy Stewart (as Flint).
According to Incan mythology, Izel is an ancient powerful entity that escaped from a realm of fear and darkness before creating the parasitic Shrike for unknown reasons. She was then worshipped as either a god or a fallen angel, but is possibly more likely a demon.
Trail of Destruction
After escaping and seeking to regain some form of power, she began hunting down the Dialys, relics from her realm that would manipulate time and space. These relics became more commonly known as Monoliths. She spent thousands of years seeking the Monoliths across the universe and destroyed any planet she arrived on regardless if any of their inhabitants had possession over them.
Many of these worlds included Sarge's, which resulted in his family's deaths, prompting him to lead a team across the universe to kill her. After hearing about how the Chronicoms had possession over the Monoliths, Izel led a crew to the planet to claim them. It is unknown about how it turned out but it resulted with Izel destroying their home planet Chronyca-2 despite Sarge's best efforts.
Arriving on Earth
For some unknown reason, Izel lost her crew and ship while only having a teleportation device. After learning that the Monoliths are most likely on Earth, Izel heard of Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons and sought them out on Kitson. Upon witnessing Mister Kitson put them in a life-death gamble, Izel bought their freedom. After a drink, she recruits them onto her crew and they then take control of a scavenger ship.
After arriving on Earth, Izel starts using the Shrike to possess every scavenger on the ship except for Fitz and Simmons. She then explains her search for the Monoliths and then persuades them that someone else (meaning Sarge) is responsible for her crew's death and the destruction of Chronyca-2. Taking over the entire crew for a small personal army, Izel readied them as the ship arrived on Earth just as other Shrike manifested a crystallized tower for her.
Infiltrating the Lighthouse
to be further added...
Finding the Temple
to be further added...
Final Battle and Death
Finally, her lover Sarge/Pachakutiq allies with her and Izel is finally killed by Melinda May, causing the extinction of the Shrikes, her lover dies soon after, killed by Mack with Daisy's help.
At first sight, Izel showed to be a generous, kind, honorable and strong-willed upon meeting Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons. However, she was later shown to be cunning, ruthless, manipulative and sadistically cold after she was revealed to be the creator of the Shrike and therefore the one responsible for the destruction of countless planets and civilizations. According to Sarge, Izel is driven by hatred for all living things and this is proven after used the Shrike take over the entire scavenger ship crew for her own ends, regardless if they were a threat to her. Izel also apppears to have absolutely no regard for any life that she hurts or kills, as she went around different planets to look for the Monoliths and destroyed them regardless if they were in possession of them.
Powers and Abilities
- Longevity: Due to being a deity in Incan mythology, Izel was revealed to have lived for thousands of years.
- Body Creation: TBA
- Shrike Creation: Being their creator, Izel can create the Shrike through unknown means. However, she was seen nursing an infant Shrike which rapidly matures because of her humming.
- Hive Mind System: Using the Shrikes, Izel is able to command them and their hosts instantly without any complications. The hosts parasitized by the Shrike are either used for mass destruction or to serve Izel without any objections.
- Possession: TBA
- Enhanced durability: TBA
- Combatant: According to Izel, she is a capable combatant. Although, she has yet to demonstrate this capability.
- Manipulator: Izel is cunning and manipulative as she convinced Fitz and Simmons of her seemingly honorable mission while using a story about the destruction of her supposed world to back her claim.
- Escape Artist: According to Sarge, Izel was capable of escaping from him and his crew countless times, as they had her cornered after taking out her crew on Chronyca-2 but was somehow still able to escape and lay waste to the planet.
- Izel is the fourth main antagonist of the series who never originated from the comics, after Jiaying, Grant Ward and Kasius.
- The name "Izel" is derived from Ixchel, a Mayan jaguar goddess of medicine and birth, which is a contradictory to Izel's representation of destruction and death.
- In the comics, Ixchel is a Mayan goddess who has aided goddesses from other cultures in confronting the Celestials. There is another woman named Chibi who claimed to be the goddess Ixchel and fought A-Bomb with the intent to free the Mayapan, a Terrigen-infected tribe, and take over the world.
- While Pachakutiq/Sarge was revealed to be the one who sent Izel to bring their kind out of their realm, Izel fills the role of main antagonist due to her actions, bringing Sarge back onto her side and also being responsible for Malachi's later actions due to destroying his planet.