|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I didn't f-ckin' do shit.||„|
|~ Jack denying what his crimes.|
Jack from Jupiter is a member of The Seven and supporting antagonist in the controversial adult comic-book series The Boys. He's concerned for the return of The Boys even though everything was settled after Lamplighter's departure.
He does not appear in the Amazon series adaption officially.
Part of the Seven, the premier superhero team of the Boys setting.
Jack is like his peers: essentially a celebrity with superpowers, rather than a conventional superhero. To the shallow and obnoxious Jack, this arrangement couldn't be better as he has only ever sought a life of decadent hedonism.
Despite his status as a long-time member of the world's most successful super team, his lack of the star appeal of some of his colleagues, as well as their violent excesses or major powers, means he is seen as fairly unimportant to his corporate sponsors (even more so than The Deep), and the Boys, a CIA-backed team charged with keeping superpowered individuals in-line. His teammates likewise see him as unimportant, as they are as self-absorbed as he is. Even the newer recruit A-train, who Jack took under his wing to some extent, has little attachment to him, and showed little sympathy when Jack met with misfortune.
Although Jack is one of the more innocuous members of the Seven, he shouldn't be regarded as a decent individual, as he is aware of the violent crimes and fatal accidents they cause but shows no concern about them, even playing them down and treating these incidents like jokes. He is later killed by Billy for supposedly killing his dog.
Jack From Jupiter doesn't appear in the series but in season 2 episode seven an actor playing him in a porn parody of The Seven is seen which is being watched by Lamplighter before Hughie changes the channel in disgust.
Powers and Abilities
- Flight: Jack From Jupiter is capable of flight.
- Invulnerability: By saying the word "Carpo", he is granted an exceptional level of superhuman invulnerability. He doesn't remain in his invulnerable form permanently as initiating it is painful.
- Heat Vision: He has no formal training in the use of his powers, or in handling dangerous situations. Along with the rest of his team, these inadequacies led to disaster when they attempted to stop a terrorist hijacking of a plane.
- Jack From Jupiter is based on Martian Manhunter.
- Although he doesn't officially appear in the Amazon Prime adaptation he is referenced and appears to have been replaced by the character Translucent.