|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||"Listen... when the shit hits the fan, 'cause it always does, remember that you can make it on your own. It's not an option for everyone... If things start heading south, don't let them drag you down with them. You don't owe them anything. They'll make you feel like you do. Like it's all one happy family. But when push comes to shove... You'll see!".||„|
|~ Jane to Clementine about abandoning the group|
Jane is a fictional character and major anti-villain who first appears in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season Two and determinately returns in Season Three. Jane works with Howe's Hardware and she escapes with Clementine's Group. She is a resourceful, opportunistic and cunning person who has managed to adapt very well to the harsh and unforgiving lifestyle of a survivor. Jane appears in flashbacks alongside AJ and Clementine if you went with her at the end of "No Going Back".
Despite being one of the main characters in the second season of the Walking Dead Game and doing several heroic acts, Jane has some traits of a villain such as being self-serving, showing a lack of empathy for other survivors, having signs of being mentally unstable, and forcing her nihilistic and social Darwinistic points of view on "survival" onto Clementine. She will be the climax antagonist of the game depending on who the player sides with at the end.
She was voiced by Christine Lakin, who also voiced Joyce Kinney.
Not much is known about Jane's life before or as the outbreak began. However, in " Amid The Ruins, it is revealed that Jane had a sister, Jaime. She and her sister used to visit an amusement park in Virginia every summer, where Jane liked to pretend that they were not sisters, but merely friends instead. Jane also liked to tease her sister, in ways such as putting gum in her hair and then cutting it out to give Jaime a silly haircut.
In No Going Back, Jane tells Clementine about an incident in which she drank a bottle of alcohol belonging to her parents when she was not too much older than Clementine. After drinking it and realizing there were sugar crystals at the bottom of the bottle, she smashed the bottle on the floor to get to them, not being able to tell them from shattered glass. Her sister, Jaime, had to call for an ambulance.
During the apocalypse, Jane has been in many groups of survivors and seen many people die due to stupid reasons including her little sister Jamie, who had given up on living and let herself get eaten by walkers. This caused Jane's 'it is best to be alone' survivor idealism.
Jane can at first easily be described as an aloof and uncaring woman who prefers to stick to herself. Beneath the rugged surface, there is a somewhat more humble and softer persona. She is a resourceful, opportunistic and cunning person who has managed to adapt very well to the harsh and unforgiving lifestyle of a survivor, having developed a rather logical and cynical point of view on life. She has learned very well how to avoid and take down walkers. Jane is brutally honest about her opinions of people and situations, which sometimes gets her into feuds with others.
She believes the best chance to survive is to be alone, because groups of survivors tend to eventually crack and fall apart, leading to people getting killed, which she apparently has witnessed more than once before. Jane is quick to notice group members who are a liability to herself and others, such as Rebecca's pregnancy, or Sarah's timid attitude. She believes that if people can't or don't want to be saved, they should be left behind rather than drag everyone else down with them. Because of this, people tend to see Jane as a cold hearted woman who only cares about herself.
Although she usually remains composed and rarely talks about herself, the presence of Clementine and Sarah, the latter of whom reminds Jane of her dead younger sister, Jaime, softens and opens Jane up a bit, sometimes bringing back painful memories. Jane and her morals appear to be self-conflicted, as noted when she encourages Clementine to steal the medicine from Arvo so that it may benefit the group, only to show regret immediately afterwards for robbing and threatening a kid like she is some lowly bandit (if Clementine does indeed take the medicine).
- Abandoning her sister Jamie to die (However, it should be noted that at that point, Jamie wanted to die.)
- Shown little to no remorse for members of Clementine's group that were killed by Carver or the walker herd.
- Made numerous attempts to convince Clementine to abandon Sarah. Although, at this point, Sarah had lost all grips on reality after her father was killed by walkers.
- Made numerous attempts to convince Clementine to go off alone and leave her group behind.
- Robbed Arvo and took his medical supplies and/or threatened to kill him if she see's him again. (determined)
- Selfishly abandoning the group, although she justifies this by claiming she doesn't want to see Clementine die after what happened with Sarah.
- Provoked Kenny into attacking her, claiming she wanted Clementine to "see Kenny for what he really is". Her true intentions were to set Clementine apart from a close friend.
- Lying about the death of AJ, the newborn baby, to convince Clementine to kill Kenny. In reality, she hid AJ in a truck under the snowy weather, putting the baby in danger of freezing to death.
- In the Jane endings, she makes it clear to Clementine that she doesn't want her taking in a wandering family at Howe's Hardware and thanks her if Clementine leaves them out in the cold to survive.
- Committed suicide to eliminate her pregnancy. (determined)
- Jane is the second villainous protagonist in the video game universe, predated by Kenny and followed by Violet.
- However, unlike Kenny and Violet, Jane has a truly malicious side.