|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Say hi to Mommy... in Hell!||„|
|~ Whitney to Jason before she supposedly kills him.|
Jason Voorhees is the main antagonist of the 2009 remake of Friday the 13th and is based off his original incarnation with the same name.
A physically and mentally deformed Jason witnesses his mother Pamela get decapitated by a camp counselor after she attempted to kill everyone in sight. 30 years later, a group of teens (Wade, Richie, Mike, Whitney and Amanda) arrive at Camp Crystal Lake on a camping trip to find some marijuana that was planted in the woods. As Mike and Whitney explore the abandoned Crystal Lake camp, an adult Jason kills Mike, but he spares Whitney and decides to kidnap her because she resembles his mother at a young age. Six weeks later, Trent along with his girlfriend Jenna, his brother, Treston, and their friends Chelsea, Bree, Nolan, Chewie and Lawrence arrive at Trent's summer cabin on the shore of Crystal Lake.
The group is unaware of the events that occurred a few weeks prior. Clay Miller arrives in town to search Crystal Lake for his sister Whitney, whom he believes to be alive. Clay eventually makes his way to Trent's cabin, where Jenna agrees to help him look for his sister on the other side of the lake. As Clay and Jenna search for clues, Jason kills Chelsea and Nolan, who are wake-boarding on the lake. Clay and Jenna reach the old Crystal Lake campgrounds, where they witness Jason hauling a dead body into one of the abandoned camp houses. Meanwhile, Chewie, Laurence and Bree party around where Chewie burns his lip he goes to a tool shed to get to get tools so he can fix a chair he broke.
The pair run back to warn the others about Jason, who soon arrives and cuts the power to the cabin. After killing Chewie and Lawrence, who ventured outside the house, Jason sneaks inside the cabin and kills Bree. Trent, Clay, Jenna, and Treston escape the house, but Trent gets killed when he reaches the main road. Jason then chases Clay and Jenna back to the campgrounds, where Clay discovers Jason's lair and finds his sister chained to the wall. Clay frees her, and all three attempt to escape. The four find an exit, but Jenna is killed by Jason (who had just arrived) before she can get out. Jason comes after Clay, Whitney, and Treston. Treston runs into the forest never to be seen again.
Then Whitney, by pretending to be Mrs. Voorhees, uses Jason's love and memory of his mother to distract him long enough to stab him in the chest with his own machete. Afterward, Clay and Whitney dump Jason's seemingly lifeless body into the lake. But before they can leave, Jason suddenly bursts through the wooden dock and grabs Whitney, most likely killing her.
Halloween Horror Night
A similar incarnation of Jason also makes what can be considered an appearance in Halloween Horror Night's Kill Jason Kill, which was a 2010 Orlando "ride" used to promote the first film.
Acting as a haunted house type "ride", the spectators walk through the foggy woods of Camp Crystal Lake before entering Jason's shack and exiting out of his sewer like under tunnels.
Throughout the creepy walk, Jason constantly jumps out to scare the spectators (first it's Jason with a burlap sack over his head, then it is his bare face, and later in his iconic hockey mask) and bloody, mutilated corpses litter the grounds.
- Wade Benton - Head struck with a machete by Jason.
- Amanda - Caught on fire by Jason.
- Mike Reynolds - Repeatedly stabbed with a machete by Jason.
- Richie - Leg caught in a bear trap, head struck with a machete by Jason.
- Donnie - Throat slashed with a machete by Jason.
- Nolan - Shot in Head shot with a bow and arrow by Jason.
- Chelsea - Hit by a motorboat, head stabbed with a machete by Jason.
- Chewie - Throat stabbed with a screwdriver by Jason.
- Lawrence - Axe thrown into back by Jason.
- Bree - Back impaled by mounted deer antlers by Jason.
- Officer Bracke - Eye impaled with a fireplace poker by Jason.
- Trent Sutton - Back impaled with a machete and a rail spike by Jason.
- Jenna Penning - Back impaled with a machete by Jason.
Weapons used by Jason
- Sleeping Bag
- Camp Fire
- His Bare Hands
- Mounted Deer Head
- Fire Poker
- Truck Spike.
- Loose Floor
- Including the 2009 remake, Jason has killed 167 total people throughout the "Friday the 13th" series.
- Jason wears both the legendary hockey mask and the burlap sac, although neither of those appeared in the original Friday the 13th (1980). The burlap sac was the first mask worn by Jason in Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) and the hockey mask did not appear until the final third of Friday the 13th Part III (1982).
- According to co-writer Damian Shannon, the character of Jason Voorhees was re-envisioned as more territorial, like a hunter, someone who doesn't kill people at random but will defend his territory from anyone invading it, and this in the most horrible manner. Director Marcus Nispel similarly claims the film shows new aspects of Jason's personality. Derek Mears says his portrayal of Jason as a survivalist defending his territory is partially inspired by the character of John Rambo in First Blood (1982).
- Derek Mears is the eighth actor to portray the adult Jason Voorhees in the series, following Steve Dash, Warrington Gillete, Richard Brooker, Ted White, C.J. Graham, Kane Hodder and Ken Kirzinger. As of this movie, Hodder is the only actor to have portrayed the character more than once, with four films under his belt from 1988 to 2001.
- Since Derek Mears is known as a nice guy in reality, the filmmakers were initially reluctant to cast him as Jason.
- Effects artist Scott Stoddard created Jason's look, and describes Jason's face as a combination of Carl Fullerton's design for Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) and Tom Savini's design for Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984). Stoddard's vision of Jason included hair loss, skin rashes, and the traditional deformities in his face. Stoddard tried to craft Jason's look so it would allow more human side of the character to be seen. Mears was required to wear full body make-up from the chest upwards while performing as Jason. The actor wore a chest plate with fake skin that would adjust to his muscle movements. He wore a hump on his back to give the impression that Jason had scoliosis. A prosthetic eye was glued to Mears' face to show realistic eye movements. Stoddard initially spent 3 and 1/2 hours applying the make-up to Mears' head and torso. He was eventually able to reduce the required time to just over an hour for scenes in which Mears wore the hockey mask. For scenes in which Jason's face is revealed, it took approximately 4 hours to apply the make-up.