|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Hahahahaha! You still hit like a child!||„|
|~ Javier mocking Marston|
Javier Escuella is a central character and a major antagonist in the videogame Red Dead Redemption. He is also a supporting character in it's prequel, Red Dead Redemption II. He is a former member of the Van der Linde gang alongside John Marston. Javier is responsible for defending Bill Williamson in Mexico. He is noted as one of the few Mexican characters that speaks English without a strong accent.
With the addition of the Myths and Mavericks DLC pack, Javier is also a multiplayer character that can be selected in the section of the Outfitter.
He was voiced by Antonio Jaramillo in Red Dead Redemption, and Gabriel Sloyer in Red Dead Redemption II.
Javier Escuella was born in Nuevo Paraiso and was once a Mexican bounty hunter. According to Allende, Javier's father was a drunkard that worked on Agustin's uncle's land. After spending some time in America, Escuella became a member of the Van der Linde Gang. When the gang was disbanded after Dutch van der Linde went insane in 1899, Javier took it easy and returned to Mexico to work as a hitman for Allende. John Marston is then forced to pursue him in 1911 along with Javier's friend Bill Williamson.
Red Dead Redemption
|“||I've always loved you, even now!||„|
|~ Javier Escuella to John Marston.|
The two have a conversation with each other, with Javier slowly inching his way over to John. Javier waits until John is distracted, and then he pushes a crate on John. Given some time, he jumps out a nearby window and onto a stairs. Javier calls out to John, saying he was "always the weak, the bad, and the ugly!" and then rides out of the fort with a horse. John runs after him, and then John can do one of two things: Kill or Capture Escuella.
- In Multiplayer Outfiter Javier can be seen inspecting a Knife, he also has a knife holster.
- Capturing Escuella, sticking him in front of the gate, and then using the cannon to blow him up will have the same effect as turning him in alive, as he won't die.
- Javier is mentioned several times throughout the Nuevo Paraiso chapter, by Marston and members of both Abraham Reyes' Rebels and the Mexican Army. He is well-known in Nuevo Paraiso because that is where he is originally from. In addition, he is well-known there because he was a famous revolutionary at one point, and his father worked on land cultivated by Agustin Allende's uncle.
- Javier calls John "brother" quite often. With may mean they were close friends. Also John has a tear coming outta his eye, if he kills Javier.
- Judging by some of John's quotes, Javier appears to be bisexual, as John says "So Bill and you are back together? Two crazy men sharing a bed."
- In the mission "Captain De Santa's Downfall", a Mexican woman tells John that she wouldn't spit on Javier if he was on fire, and John replies that he would not blame her if she did that to him.
- Completion of the mission that Javier appears in (The Gates of El Presidio) will award the player the Achievement/Trophy "Sons of Mexico". It is worth 40 Gamerscore points for the Xbox 360, and a Bronze Trophy grade for the PlayStation 3.
- He is about 5'8 and 145 lbs.
|Red Dead Series Villains|
Red Dead Revolver
Red Dead Redemption II