|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||Rules are made to be broken... like buildings! Or people!||„|
|“||Volatile explosives are a girl's best friend!||„|
|~ Jinx's catchphrase.|
Jinx, also known as The Loose Cannon, is a villainous playable character and mascot in the multiplayer online battle arena game League of Legends, who serves as the main antagonist of the "True Genius" cinematic and the villain protagonist of "The Wedding Crasher". A Zaunite criminal with a love for chaos and destruction, Jinx wreaks havoc across Piltover using her explosive arsenal of weapons, spreading panic wherever she sets foot.
The 116th champion added to the game, Jinx was released on October 10, 2013, and is one of the most popular characters to be played in the bot lane.
She is voiced by Sarah Anne Williams, who also voiced Nonon Jakuzure in Kill la Kill.
Not much is known about Jinx's past, but some in the streets of Zaun still remember a young tinker girl who was an outcast from normal society. But while the cause of her descent to insanity remains unknown, she quickly became a force to be reckoned with in the streets of Piltover, sowing chaos wherever she set foot.
Jinx became notorious for pulling pranks on the wealthy, causing stampedes, destroying public property, and even switching around street signs to cause confusion and traffic jams across the city. While these antics led to anarchy across Piltover, many simply brushed it off as a dumb joke that probably came from the chem-punk gangs of Zaun.
Jinx was furious, and hoping to be recognized for her work, decided to make more public appearances, spray-painting "JINX WAS HERE" at every crime scene as a calling card. Rumors quickly began to circulate about a pale, blue-haired Zaunite girl carrying heavy weapons and explosives wreaking havoc throughout the city, and soon the Piltover police caught notice of this crime spree. To stop this dangerous criminal, the Sheriff of Piltover dispatched her powerful new ally, the Enforcer Vi, armed with gauntlets and brute force.
As Jinx's reign of mayhem continued, her name became famous throughout both Piltover and Zaun. In Piltover, she was regarded as a lunatic; a criminal who should be dealt with accordingly for her reckless endangerment of the city. But in Zaun, many regarded Jinx as a hero for sticking it to the upper-classes of Piltover. Still, many Zaunites were left worried that Jinx was creating an unnecessary escalation of tensions between the two cities, and feared that her actions could invite the retribution of the Piltover police in the streets of Zaun.
Jinx didn't care about any of this, for she was only interested in her new enemy, the Enforcer Vi. To answer Vi's search, Jinx sent a spray-painted message for her at the walls of the Ecliptic Vaults: at a specified date in the future, Jinx would break into the treasury, and Vi wouldn't be able to stop the robbery. Vi was skeptical that Jinx would even have the guts to show up on the date with the entire police force waiting, but nonetheless she and Sheriff Caitlyn dispatched their best officers to guard the vault doors. But what they didn't realize was that Jinx had already smuggled herself in the vaults days earlier, and by the time Vi realized the trick it was too late, as the vaults exploded to rubble and Jinx was had gotten away yet again.
To this day, Jinx remains the thorn in the side of Vi and Caitlyn, inspiring other chem-punk troublemakers across Zaun and constantly wreaking havoc wherever she goes. As the crimes pick up more steam, Vi doesn't know if she will be able to keep up, and Jinx relishes every moment of that.
In game, Jinx is a marksman-type character, dealing high damage from the back lines. Her passive, Get Excited, increases her movement and attack speed dramatically whenever she kills a large enemy in a hyperactive adrenaline rush. With Switcheroo, Jinx can swap between her minigun and rocket launcher to change her basic attacks, utilizing the different parts of her arsenal. With Zap, Jinx shoots and stuns enemies with a shock pistol, and with Flame Chompers, Jinx throws snare grenades that explode on contact. Her ultimate, Super Mega Death Rocket, launches a long-range missile that can fly anywhere on the map and explodes on impact.
- Pow-Pow: A pink minigun with rabbit ears.
- Fishbones: A shark-mouthed rocket launcher.
- Zapper: An electric shock pistol.
- Chompers: Chemtech snare grenades that can trap enemies in place and light them on fire after exploding.
- Super Mega Death Rocket: A long-range missile that explodes on contact.
- Mister Sparkles: A hextech cannon that Jinx powered with Heimerdinger's stolen hextech core, and is currently missing in the Northside Heap of Zaun.
|“||Three, forty-one, nine... and lift off!||„|
|~ Jinx riding her rocket launcher into the sky.|
Jinx is often portrayed to be hyperactive and very childish, complaining when she doesn't get what she wants and calling others by immature names, giving Vi nicknames such as "Fat-Hands" and "Stupid". With her carefree, self-centered attitude, Jinx doesn't care about money, order, or what others think about her and just destroys what she wants when she wants. Despite this, she still likes to get recognition for her many crimes and is capable of showing off to the Piltover police, knowing that no matter what goes down, she will always get away.
- Jinx is the archenemy of Vi, the Piltover Enforcer.
- While it remains unconfirmed, it is highly speculated that Jinx and Vi are long-lost sisters.
- She is also enemies with Vi's boss, Caitlyn, the Piltover Sheriff.
- In a poll in 2018, women participants ranked Jinx as "The most visually appealing champion in League".
- Developers stated that Jinx was inspired by the Joker, Gollum from Lord of the Rings, and Helena Bonham Carter, who played Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter.
- Jinx's quotes about her guns are multiple pop culture references, including Scarface, The Untouchables, and Love Story.
- Jinx's death sound "Blegh..." is a reference to Red vs. Blue.
- Jinx appears for a split second at the end of the trailer for Arcane, and because the series is set before present day, she is speculated to also be the young blue-haired girl.