|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||With my blessing, the Brutes now lead our fleets! They ask for your allegiance, and you shall give it!||„|
|~ Prophet of Truth|
Jiralhanae (지랄하네 in Korean), also known as Brutes, are large, bipedal, giant ape-like species who comprise the most members of the Covenant. Their homeworld is Doisac.
The Brutes were the second Covenant species encountered by the humans following the Kig-Yar raid on the freighter. The Brutes have an extreme hatred over the Sangheili, fueled by the Brute's natural aggressive nature and the Sangheili's attitudes of superiority.
The Brutes have been part of the Covenant since before the destruction of the UNSC agricultural colony on Harvest, and were always feared by the Sangheili for their monomanical behavior.
The Brute's plans to seize power over the Sangheili began with their alliance with the High Prophet of Truth during the Battle of Harvest, and continued to gain headway until the eventual splitting of the Covenant Empire.
They eventually took the role of the Prophet's Honor Guards from the Sangheili after they failed to prevent the assassination of the High Prophet of Regret by SPARTAN John 117. Regret's assassination culminated in the Brutes replacing the Sangheili as the leaders of the Covenant Military.
|Chieftain of the Brutes||The highest ranked brute and the leader of the Brutes overall.||Fist of Rukt|
|Shipmaster||The second highest ranked Jiralhanae who serve as commanders of Covenant ships.||Unknown|
|War Chieftain||The third highest ranked Jiralhanae, responsible for commanding packs of Brute Stalkers. War Chieftains outrank regular Brute Chieftains and wield heavy ranged weapons to take out foes.||Gravity Hammer, Fuel Rod Gun, Brute Spiker and Plasma Turret|
|Chieftain||Also know as the Alpha Brutes, they are the the fourth highest ranked Jiralhanae and serve as commanders of Covenant Packs and several lower caste species.||Gravity Hammer, Brute Spiker, Plasma Turret and Fuel Rod Gun|
|Captain Ultra||The highest ranked captains who serve as commanders of lesser troops.||Brute Shot, Plasma Rifle, Brute Spiker, Covenant Carbine, Shade Turret and Fuel Rod Gun|
|Captain Major||The second highest ranking Captains, clad in golden power armor. They lead lances of Grunts and Jackals.||Gravity Hammer, Plasma Rifle, Brute Spiker, Covenant Carbine, Fuel Rod Gun and Shade Turret|
|Captain||The lowest ranked Captains, who hold an equivalent rank to the Elite Ultras. They often lead groups of lesser Brutes, Grunts and Jackals into battle. They wear purple-blue armour, and are equivalent to UNSC Land Captains.||Brute Shot, Brute Plasma Rifle, Brute Spiker, Mauler, Covenant Carbine, Shade Turret and Fuel Rod Gun|
|Honor Guard||The replacement of Elites as the protectors of the Prophet Hierarchs along with the rest of the High Council and high ranking officials such as Tartarus.||Covenant Carbine, Brute Plasma Rifle, Brute Shot and Energy Stave|
|Bodyguard||Elite Jiralhanae who are responsible for the protection of their pack's Chieftain as well as the enforcement of tribal law and/or military law.||
Plasma Rifle, Brute Spiker, Brute Shot, Mauler and Covenant Carbine
|Jump Pack Captain||The highest ranked Jump Pack Jiralhanae.||
Like other JP Brutes
Jump Pack Major
|More experienced Jump Pack Jiralhanae||Like other JP Brutes|
|Jump Pack Minor||The Brute counterparts to Elite Rangers and lowest ranked Jump Pack members||Brute Plasma Rifle, Plasma Rifle, Brute Spiker, Brute Shot, Covenant Carbine and Fuel Rod Gun|
|Stalker||Serving as the secret police of the Covenant, they are the Brute counterparts to Stealth Elites||Plasma Rifle, Brute Spiker, Brute Shot and Mauler|
|Ultra||Leaders of lesser Covenant troops.||Plasma Rifle, Brute Spiker, Covenant Carbine, Brute Shot, Particular Beam Rifle, Mauler and Fuel Rod Gun|
|Major||Jiralhanae who serve as leaders of Covenant Lance.||Plasma Rifle, Covenant Carbine, Brute Shot, Fuel Rod Gun, Brute Spiker, Particular Beam Rifle, Mauler and Gravity Hammer|
|Minor||The lowest ranked Brutes and the most common and inexperienced.||Brute Spiker, Plasma Rifle, Covenant Carbine, Brute Shot, Fuel Rod Gun, Particular Beam Rifle, Brute Plasma Rifle and Mauler|
- "How much further must we heft this baggage? Any cell will do."
- "Why not toss him into this lot?"
- "They could use the meat."
- "Them? What about us? My belly aches. And his flesh is seared just the way I like it."
- "Let's just throw them over the edge."
- "Where's the fun in that?"
- "I already checked there!"
- "Just making sure..."
- "Go see what's taking them so long!"
- "He's just an Elite. Go! Kill him!"
- "Not all dead? Raise the alarms!"
- "Yes, Chieftain. A day's ration says I can do this in one cut."
- "Two cuts at least."
- "Do not let Arbiter into the chamber! The Chieftain must complete his holy work."
- "Spread out, you whelps! Find them!"
- "Tell me its location!"
- "A fresh scent. Spread out! Track it down!"
- "Look, it has soiled itself! These are whelps, not warriors!"
- "Success, holy one! We have taken their Command Center!"
- "Not just yet, Noble Prophet."
- "Yes, Holy One. It shall be done."
- "Have the Drones scour these machines! Find out what these heathens know about the Ark!"
- "Kill them with honor!"
- "No-o-o-o! Hit the Carrier! Kill the Half Jaw and his crew!"
- "Keep their backs at fraud. Drive the Heretic ships back to the portal!"
- "Their cruisers mixed with ours! Watch your fire!"
- "Do not fear the Prophets wrath, because if you fail, I will have your hide!"
- "The pack will feast on you!"
Halo 3: ODST
- "Warn the Chieftain, the enemy has breached our lines!"
- "Let no Human escape to say what they have seen!"
- "Foward, warriors! Take this hill or die upon it!"
- "Open this door, traitor!"
- "We do the Prophets bidding, show no mercy!"
- Jiralhanae is a Korean insult that aims those who either behave in a mind-bogglingly stupid manner or totally devoid of rationality/logic which describes the Jiralhanae' aggressive personality.