|“||Why, with enough belief, you can cheat even death itself!||„|
|~ Joey Drew's most famous quote.|
Joseph "Joey" Drew is the overarching antagonist of the Bendy franchise, appearing as the overarching antagonist of Bendy and the Ink Machine and Boris and the Dark Survival, and a major character in the first novel, Dreams Come to Life. He is the former old friend of Henry Stein, the protagonist of the first game in the franchise, Bendy and the Ink Machine. He is responsible for the creation of the Ink Machine in his quest to bring cartoons to life starting with Bendy himself, but it went horribly wrong as a result. Joey will return in Bendy and the Dark Revival, most likely again as the overarching antagonist.
Throughout the game, Joey Drew's voice can be heard through audio logs in each of the chapters. In the Dreams Come to Life Novel Joey is shown to be a jerk to most people shwon by him firing Tom Connar and Alison Pendle. Joey did act friendly and cae for Buddy Lewek. After Buddy is turned into Boris, Joey offers to help Buddy and take him to a warm place with food. However, Joey also was shown to be aware of Sammy Lawrence sacrifing people to the Ink Machine and was fine with this.
In Chapter 4, he is mentioned by Bertrum Piedmont of how the former is taking full credit of his work, in particular the planned establishment "Bendy Land".
In Chapter 5, Drew makes an actual appearance after Henry defeats Bendy. While in the former's apartment, Henry was told of how he has a perfect family while Joey himself left behind a crooked empire due to his actions and the path he took. Joey further stated that he later expressed regret, and has Henry to the old workshop to bring down the Ink Demon Bendy which is the ending and in the post credits seen it is also shown he has a niece/grand niece and has another Ink Machine in his apartment. It is revealed that Joey wanted to use the Ink Machine to bring cartoons to life starting with Bendy; however, it ended in failure due to Bendy being soulless, resulting in Ink Bendy, and since tried to use human souls to create more cartoon clones.
Because of Bendy being soulles Joey had Bendy locked away. Joey then manipulated Susie Campbell to bring Alice to lfie so the cartoons would have a soul. Joey then let Sammy Lawrence sacrifice more and more people.
Joey is set to appear in the upcoming second Bendy game.
- In the second teaser trailer for Chapter 5 (prior to his physical appearance), his office can be seen beyond below the studio.
- Joey Drew is mostly likely inspired by both Walt Disney and Max Fleischer, two animation founders from the same time period of the Bendy cartoons. While the Bendy cartoons themselves have the same animation style as Fleischer's work, Joey's larger than life persona and own name studio is in reference to Disney.
- It is revealed in a post credit scene that Joey has an Ink Machine in his apartment.
- Bendy in Nightmare Run is so far the only game in the franchise that has nothing to do with Joey.
- Altough it is theorized that each episode was one of the cartoons, which would make Joey an unseen antagonist, as he would in one way or another create the cartoons.
Bendy and the Ink Machine