|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|Jafar says: Read my lips and come to grips with the reality!|
|“||This man...What the hell is he?!...It's not killing intent...It's not killing intent but there's something this guy is giving off...that instantly made me draw my sword...!! That's right. For just an instant, I almost felt like I was going to get sucked in by those eyes...But now...The only thing I feel towards this man, Is a powerful sense of Rejection!...So this is...the man known as General Kan Ki...!!||„|
|~ Ri Shin on Kan Ki upon meeting him, Kingdom vol 41.|
|“||The unification of China. Going by your eyes...Are you telling me that if you manage to pull that off, that all war will finish and peace will descend upon the world? Yep, you're one evil bastard. The whole idea of unifying China involves butchering an enemy state's people through overwhelming military power until they no longer have the strength to fight back. Then, you just swoop in and claim everything they own for yourself: The land, The people, the resources, all of it. It's the slaughter and pillaging on a whole new scale. And the only ones who will be happy for the peace this brings...Are the people of Qin.||„|
|~ Kan Ki's realistic views on the Unification of Chin to Ri Shin.|
Kan Ki, also known as the Beheader and by his new title Fifth Great, is a recurring central ally and antagonist in the popular historical seinen manga and anime series, Kingdom.
In the anime series, he is voiced by Kentarō Itō, who has provided the voices of N. Doul, a minor antagonist of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, and the armor bound serial killer, Barry the Chopper from Fullmetal Alchemist.
|“||Hahahahah! What a lame old fart. He got his ass kicked in the blink of an eye! Damn Geezer's all talk!!||„|
|~ Kan Ki|
Kan Ki is almost always seen with a smirk or smile on his face, Kan Ki is a very arrogant man, showing no qualms whatever so ever in killing surrounded soldiers, local civilians, and innocent bystanders all in the name of an absolute victory. Kan Ki also showed his views as a nihilist by showing no concern for his home state of Qin as it was on the brink of total annihilation from the invading Coalition Armies, stating he could care less about the concept of loyalty to kingdoms as the concept itself is nothing more than a cesspool where a select few can treat commoners as they please and later the only reason he fights as a general is that it allows him to quench his thirst for the thrill of warfare (no matter how savage) in a sanctioned manner. But despite these claims, he showed a genuine sense of loyalty and respect toward his late benefactor, Mou Gou, and maintain a somewhat friendly relationship with his former senior and fellow great general, Ou Sen.
Kan Ki also seems to possesses a very strange sense of humor as he made his apparently unskilled favorite lackey Ogiko, a one-hundred-man commander of his personal army because it was simply funny.
|“||Heh, Strategy? The is hell that? I'm simply doing things that people dislike.||„|
|~ Kan Ki to Gen Pou of the Four Heavenly Kings.|
|“||Hahahaha! Nothing but second rate everywhere.||„|
|~ Kan Ki after taking over and destroying Haku Kisai's HQ.|
|“||Y'know, normally in this situation I'd be all for settling things nice and quick with a clean chop. But in this case I do kind of feel sorry for you. After all, you were pushed forward to be a figurehead commander-in-chief in name only, I bet Ren Pa was the one actually pulling all the strings. You probably weren't even given any free rein, and now you're taking responsibility for losing the battle too. It's not good day for you, is it? How 'bout you try begging for your life? If you crawl on the ground and beg me to spare your life, I might consider staying my hand.||„|
|~ Kan Ki mocking a captured Haku Kisai.|
|“||Heh. Now, now. No need to be like that. I'm a former bandit, and you're a former servant, we're like kindred spirits, So let's try to get along.||„|
|~ Kan Ki to Ri Shin and the Hi Shin Unit.|
Powers and Abilities
|“||K-Kan Ki... W-what a man... Are you telling me a former brigand like him actually possesses a tactical mind on the same level as Ri Boku-sama!!?||„|
|~ Kin Mou on Kan Ki.|
- Genius Intellect: With intellect rivaling that of the Warring States' greatest tacticians and strategists, Kan Ki is a supremely impressive tactical genius despite never formally studying strategy as he has never lost a single battle with his unique and unorthodox tactics. This is shown as far back during his days as a bandit leader where he would crash and wipe out any of the local Qin armies sent to kill or subjected him.
- Speed & Reflexes
- Expert Combatant: While he hasn't been shown fighting actively in the series so far, Kan Ki has a character stats of 93+ that shows a high level of strength and combat experience.
- Master Swordsman: While he's hardly shown it, Kan Ki is a proficient swordsman as he instantly beheaded a grown man in a single swing and easily killed a member of Clan Zen Ou, his army's resident berserkers.
- Master Archer: During the first day of the Battle of Kankoku Pass, Kan Ki demonstrated his ability as an archer after firing a fire arrow with pinpoint accuracy while targeting Go Hou Mei's second siege tower.
- Disguise Mastery: Stating it as one of his best abilities since his bandit days, Kan Ki's ability to infiltrate an enemy's headquarters to kill their general and commanding officers is one of his most unique and uncanny traits as a great general.
- Kan Ki Army
- Sa Ki (comrade)
- Rai Do (comrade)
- Koku'Ou (comrade)
- Ma Ron (comrade)
- Ring Gyoku (comrade)
- Ogiko (subordinate)
- Mou Gou
- Ou Sen
- Kan Ki and Donquixote Doflamingo from One Piece share various similarities between each other.
- Both are well known for their signature smirks and grins.
- Both are supremely vicious sadists within their respective series.