This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
The Bat Fangire is the original King of the Checkmate Four and the main antagonist of Kamen Rider Kiva. He is the lord of all Fangires, the first Kamen Rider Dark Kiva and the original Kiva who was a threat to humanity in his time. His true name is The Dawn Sleeps, A Magnificent Story's Ending. He is from the Beast Class of the Fangire subclasses.
He was portrayed by Shinya Niiro.
The Bat Fangire is the lord of all Fangires and the original Kiva who was a threat to humanity in his time. Despite being married to the previous Queen of the Checkmate Four, Maya, he has no actual love for her as her purpose to him was the birth of his son, Taiga Nobori.
When the King returns from afar to check up on his mate and son, he is angered to learn from Bishop that Maya has been meeting with Otoya, a human who has been using the Ixa System to slaughter their race, sparing her as the action of killing her would prove that he loved her and letting her be the one to kill the human. He later goes after Jiro to finish what the Rook started: the extermination of the Wolfen Race, along with putting an end to the last of Merman and Franken races as well. However, he eventually offers the three a chance to avoid extermination, provided they kill Otoya for him.
The three are unable to do it, choosing to flee town instead. Riki and Ramon were unable to escape the King, who seals them into the Dogga Hammer and the Basshaa Magnum respectively so they can serve as decorations within Castle Doran. He is heartbroken and enraged when Maya reciprocates Otoya's love for her, preparing to kill them when Jiro intervenes and finds himself sealed into the Garulu Saber. After capturing Otoya, the King forcibly takes him to Castle Doran, using his life energy to feed the monstrous beast. As a final request, the King allows Otoya to play his violin one last time before he died, but Maya interferes and fights her consort while Yuri escapes with Otoya.
Maya is ultimately stripped of her title and Fangire powers as a result, with the King later forcing her to never see Otoya again by using Taiga's well-being to enforce it. When Kivat-bat the 2nd witnesses Wataru Kurenai, Otoya's son from 22 years into the future, transform into Kiva, both this and his partner's cruel methods ultimately lead to the King losing Kivat the 2nd to Otoya, resulting in the final confrontation between the two. After the battle, the King is ultimately killed indirectly by the hand of his own son when he tried to kill him and Maya.
In 2008, the Bat Fangire is resurrected by Bishop in a berserker state to kill both Taiga and Wataru. In the battle between the two Riders the revived King, King is killed by the half-brothers together.
Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker
A resurrected Bat Fangire, in the same berserker state seen when he was resurrected previously, is seen among Dai-Shocker's common troops. He is among the monsters faced by Diend and Decade when they decide to take on Dai-Shocker by themselves, and attempts to attack Diend, only to be thrown away by the Rider. When the All Riders force arrives, the berserker Bat Fangire attempts to face Decade, only to be slashed and retreat. He's seen for the last time among a force of Shocker Combatmen, Fangires and Orphnochs facing Kamen Rider Faiz and Kamen Rider Kiva. He's presumably defeated by them, as both Kiva and Faiz are later seen joining up with other Riders, like Decade to defeat Ikadevil.
Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen
The Bat Fangire, revived again and back to his original Fangire form while armed with a sword, appears as one of the Great Commanders of the revived Dai-Shocker. Following the orders of Doktor G, Dai-Shocker's second in command, he engages GokaiYellow in combat and they are evenly matched. When Dai-Shocker and Dai-Zangyack reveal their alliance and fight against the combined Super Sentai and Kamen Rider force, the Bat Fangire, alongside Yogoshimacritein Crime Minister of the Gaiark, is seen leading a group of Fangires, Gaiark and also the Medusa Legendorga and the Samurai World Yoma Rairaiken to fight against the Go-Ongers and Kamen Rider Kiva. However, they're all destroyed again at once by a combined finisher attack from the Go-Ongers and Kiva. Before his defeat, he was seen earlier fighting Clover King of JAKQ and DekaRed.
Kamen Rider x Super Sentai x Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z
The Bat Fangire appears revived as one of the members of Space Shocker.
Kamen Rider Battride Wars
The Bat Fangire Reborn appears as a boss character in the video game Kamen Rider Battride Wars. He acts as the boss for Kiva's mission "Wake Up: Kiva's Memories", which loosely recreates the final episode of Kamen Rider Kiva.
Kamen Rider Dark Kiva
- Height: 205cm
- Weight: 112kg
- Punching power: 20t
- Normal kicking power: 35t
- Jumping power: One jump 250m
- Running power: 100m for 1.2 seconds
- Special move: "Darkness Hell Crash" "Kings Burst End" "Kings" World End "
- King's Persona - By drawing out the powerful demon power of the wearer and armor to the utmost limit, in order to spread the burden on the wearer's brain, power stabilizing wings called Zenon stabilizers are spread on both sides.
- Bloody Shoulder - The sharp shoulder armor, which is made by polishing the bloody stone to the utmost limit, has a sharp blade that can be cut like a razor just by touching it. At the same time, it is a powerful weapon during close combat.
- Darkness Breast - In order to control the overwhelming power of the Demon Lord, which is amplified by the three released Demon Lord stones, an inhibitor called Dark Nestal is applied to prevent the outburst. Satan Vessel, which is an energy flow path, is installed in the center, and by connecting with Kivat II, the amount of flow of the Demon Emperor's power is freely controlled.
- Satan Mail - Like Kiva's armor, it is an inner suit made of Gaora Doran leather, but it uses the finest Doran leather, which is said to be rarely available among the Doran leather materials, and is 1200 years old. Boasts three times the defense power of Kiva's armor.
- Stabilize Shadow - The black lines at the key points of the armor, like the Darkness Breast, are darkness tar-coated restraints that are provided to "cool" the armor and its wearer to protect it from overpowering demon power. Is what it is.
- Demon Stone - Like the Emperor Form, it has the Demon Stones of the air, water, and earth, and can amplify the Demon Power of the wearer several tens of times. It is purer than the three megaliths of Emperor Foam and has a stronger amplification power.
- Kivat Bat II - A Kivat monster, the father of Kivat Bat III. There is only the second generation of the proud prestigious, and the pride is also high. He has been serving the King and Queen of Fangaia since his predecessor, Kivat, and has given his life to protect them. The skill to draw out and control the mighty demon power contained in Dark Kiva to the utmost limit is Kivat Bat III or higher.
- Bloody Armor - The red armor of the whole body made of the miraculous metal "Bloody Stone", which is said to never be refined, has a powerful demon power in itself, and it is unknown by multiplying it with the demon power of the wearer. Can exert its power.
- Darkness Veil - In theory, a complete defensive cloak that nullifies the attacks of all physical weapons in the world. A single swing calls for darkness, and the blade of darkness emitted from it penetrates the defense of all enemies.
- He is the first main antagonist of a Kamen Rider series to be an evil Kamen Rider (Shadow Moon isn't technically a Rider, Kamen Rider Odin is a puppet controlled by Shiro Kanzaki and Masato Mishima only became TheBee for a brief amount of time.