This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||KRAANG HAS WAITED A LONG TIME.||„|
|~ Kraang Prime to April O' Neil.|
|“||All of you will... DIE here!||„|
|~ Kraang Prime to April and the Turtles in one of the Technodromes.|
|“||Lowly insects, do you think Kraang can be stopped? It was Kraang that found your planet millions of years ago, it was Kraang that used mutagen on the monkeys turning them into lowly humans and it is Kraang who now transforms your world!||„|
|~ Kraang Prime to the turtles and April as he is about to fight them in their turtlemech.|
Kraang Prime, formerly known as simply Kraang, is the overarching antagonist of the 2012 animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
He serves as the final antagonist of Season 1, one of the two main antagonists (alongside Shredder) of Season 2, the overarching antagonist of Season 3, a background, later posthumous antagonist in Season 4, and a posthumous antagonist in Season 5.
He is a corrupt, mutated Utrom and the leader of The Kraang, who is bent on both taking over and enslaving the multiverse. He later starts holding a grudge against the Turtles for beating him the first time.
He was voiced by Roseanne Barr in Season 1 and 2, and by Rachel Butera in Season 3.
Kraang Prime is a power-hungry Utrom, willing to be the ultimate ruler of the multiverse and subjugate everyone else. He is highly sadistic, taking great pleasure mutating humans in the invasion of Earth. He is also egotistical, calling everyone that is not his minions, since majority of them were brainwashed into becoming copies of himself, as pathetic or lower than him.
Considering he was a scientist, Kraang Prime is highly intelligent, able to discover the mutagen and invent/design majority of the technology he and his minions uses, plus used his psychic powers to brainwash everyone of his species into joining him instead of wasting time to convince all of them to join his side. Kraang Prime is also barbarous whenever his mech suit is ready, being uncontrollable as he tries fighting anyone.
However, despite his barbarous nature, Kraang Prime is a patient Utrom, able to wait for so many years to wait for a right opportunity to invade Earth and being relaxed when the rising of the Technodrome as well as his third invasion of Earth was delayed by a small error in "Annihilation: Earth! Part 1" before being fixed and able to rise again.
According to the Utrom Queen in "War for Dimension X", Kraang Prime was once a respected Utrom scientist who had discovered the "milk" of the Kraathatrogon worm (later known as simply mutagen) and tested it on himself, mutating him into a giant Utrom with psychic abilities. Realizing the potential of the mutagen, Kraang went mad with power and used his psychic abilities to mind control his fellow Utrom and turn them into mindless copies of himself and establishing the Kraang and has taken over the dimension.
Now referred to as Kraang Prime, Kraang then began to attempt to take over the multiverse by mutating dimensions to appear similar to Dimension X. At some point, the Kraang ran into a conflict with the Triceratons for control of Dimension X, though the Kraang ultimately won the war when Kraang Prime used Professor Honeycutt's Black Hole Generator to destroy the Triceraton's home planet. At some point in time, Kraang Prime went to Earth and used mutagen on primates, creating all of humanity as a result.
At another point in time, the Kraang also attempted to merge human and Kraang DNA, mutating April's mother while she was pregnant, resulting in April being a half Kraang, half-human hybrid, with psychic powers like Kraang Prime, which Prime needed for his first plan for terraforming the Earth.
Kraang Prime first appears when he delivers a message to his fellow Kraang, stating that the invasion of Earth has begun. After April O'Neil is captured by Shredder and given to the Kraang, Kraang Prime introduces himself and explains to her that he required April's uniquely attuned energy signature to stabilize the terraforming process. Now that Kraang Prime has April, the terraforming of Earth begins, with people beginning to choke as Earth's air changes. However, the plan is foiled when the Turtles arrive and free April and Raph hurts Prime by twisting his face around.
In an attempt to kill the Turtles, Kraang Prime reveals his exo-suit in the walls of his throne room and pursues them as the Technodrome malfunctions enraged. The Turtles and April are saved by Leonardo, who holds off Kraang Prime while the rest escape. An explosion rocks the flying fortress and both are thought dead. However, Leonardo has survived, and the re-activation of the Technodrome on the ocean floor hints that Kraang Prime survived as well.
In the episode "The Kraang Conspiracy", Kraang Prime was shown in a hologram where he was telling the Kraang his plans with the Mutagen, where he caught April spying on them and orders to have her disposed of, along with the Turtles.
In "Plan 10", he informs a Kraang (who is really a mind-switched Raphael) about the units in Dimension X are ready for the second invasion of Earth. Seeing Raph's attempt to grab a Kraang communications device, Prime asks about the progress of Plan 10 to which Raph, desperately trying to fool them, tells it is going well, to which he orders his men to switch the minds of the Kraang and of the human politicians.
In "The Invasion", Kraang Prime asks if Shredder has made his decision on the deal they both made to help him take over New York in exchange for Slinter ad the Turtles as well as Karai being mutated back. Raph and Casey are roaming the wrecked streets trying to reach April's house when, all of the sudden, a massive portal opens up before them, only for Kraang Prime to step out of it, outfitted in a large robotic suit and a rayon its robotic arm from which it can blast Mutagen. Kraang Prime catches up to Casey and Raph and is about to attack them, but the Earth Protection Force comes forward and they surround Kraang Prime, giving Raph and Casey a chance to escape. Kraang Prime later finds them again and shoots Mutagen on to Kirby O'Neil turning him into a Kraang-like monster. April mourns her father before running away with the others, much to his displeasure.
Kraang Prime later manages to find the Turtle Mech and engages it in combat. Donnie then launches a barrel of waste at Kraang Prime's face, however, the chemicals had no effect on the fearsome Kraang Prime. Kraang Prime then tells the Turtles and April that they have no right to stop the Kraang's invasion of humanity, as Kraang Prime claims that millions of years ago it was he who mutated Earth's early inhabitant (insultingly referring to them as "monkeys") into modern humans using mutagen, and they have now come to Earth to do what they please, seeing it as their right for giving humans intelligence.
Regardless of his bantering, the Turtle Mech continues to fight against the strength of Kraang Prime's robotic suit, but the sheer force of the battle damages the Turtle Mech quickly despite the Mech's skill and better weapons. Donnie decides to use the mech's electric harpoon, even though this may fry the mech. While one end of the harpoon latches on to a transformer and taps into the city's power grid, the other end latches on to Kraang Prime's face and electrocutes him. This causes all the electricity in New York City to go out as well as Kraang Prime and his robotic body to collapse.
The Turtles and April celebrate, but this is short-lived as Kraang Prime comes out of his suit and runs towards the now useless mech. The Turtles and April all escape on to a sidewalk and April uses her mental powers to attack Kraang Prime just when Casey drives the Party Wagon into the monster, briefly knocking him out. Everyone climbs into the van and drives off. Leaving Kraang Prime and his subjects to control the city. Thus, while the Turtles and friends did win the fight, they ended up losing given the people they lost.
In "Annihilation Earth Part 1", Kraang Prime is shown to be still alive in the Technodrome as it is being raised from the sea. However, moments later it is destroyed by the Triceratons, killing him and Kraang Subprime. Unlike Subprime whose past self appears in several episodes afterwards, this marks Prime's last appearance in the entire series. With Kraang Prime finally gone, the Utrom were now freed from his control.
Kraang Prime resembles most others of his species, except that he is much larger; over 10 feet in diameter. He also has three hexagonal decorations on his forehead. When needed, he can move about in his custom-built robotic body. The body is a massive 25-foot mechanical weapon with long tentacle-like arms and a powerful energy weapon mounted on the head, much larger than other Kraangdroid. Kraang Prime speaks English without the aid of his mechanical body and is not as redundant in his speech as the other Kraang are, though he does lapse into it at times.
- Kraang Prime is, of course, based on the original Krang from the 1987 series, who is revealed to be one of his minions ones.
- However, while the design of their exo suits are extremely different, the antennae of Prime's exo suits resemble the one in the 1987 suit, and the purple markings below it resemble 1987's signature sunglasses.
- Kraang Prime speaks without the aid of his exo-suit and does so in a much less redundant way than his minions. He even refers to himself in the singular, specifically naming himself 'Kraang'. He does, however, occasionally slip into the redundant habit of his lesser minions.
- Kraang Prime can be considered the actual main villain of the show for the following reasons:
- He discovered mutagen, which turned the primates into humans and made what majority of the characters what they were at the end and caused so many plotlines, as well as he is responsible for the evolution of apes into humans, thus being responsible for why many villains are/were.
- Due to having experimented on Mrs. O'Neil, leading April to be half-Kraang and half-human, ordered her kidnaping, which kickstarted the the show.
- Kraang's take over of New York led to Season 3.
- While Zanmoran is the overarching antagonist of the Space arc of Season 4 since he is the one that ordered the hunt for the Black Hole Generator pieces and later the destruction of Earth since it was Kraang Prime and his minions' secret base, however, Prime is still ultimately who drove the plot since he was the one who ordered the destruction of the Triceratons' home world with the Blackhole Generator, to which Zanramon is trying to find so he can destroy Prime's secret base to kill him and his lackeys to avenge his fallen planet. Plus, Prime's use of the generator led to the Utroms to hide it within the universe, which had the turtles and Triceratons went on the hunt for them in the first place.
- The mutagen also indirectly led Shredder to have major control over New York City after the Kraang were defeated, to which Karai tries jeopordizing as revenge. Plus due to him being on Earth led the Triceratons there and try destroying it, which Shredder tried to kill Splinter before he could save the planet and got him severely defeated by the latter's hands and had been undergoing mutagen treatment by Baxter Stockman to help him get his strength back, this also makes him the cause of City at War arc.
- Reversing the Earth's destruction, which Prime was indirectly the cause of, also got them into conflict with Lord Dregg and which also made Raph meet Y'Gythgba, to which the latter exploits that lead to him having his army invade the Salamandria. Coupled with that he had Newtralizer imprisoned, which led him to resent Kraang, later Utroms since most of them were brainwashed into being Kraang (and also because he had him brainwashed to hate Utroms), leading him to go on a genocidal rampage against Utroms on Earth, making Y'Gythgba and G'Throkka go to Earth since the latter wants to avenge his eye, which led to Dregg to Earth, thus making Prime responsible for many events that happened in When World's Collide.
- He also brainwashed the Kraang to try mutating the Earth, which led to the creation of a mutagen bomb at the top of Wolf Hotel, which was detonated by some unknown force that led to an apocalypse in an alternative future, leading to the Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse arc.
- However, due to his extreme minimal appearance of about 7 episodes (8 if we count the flashback in Beyond the Known Universe, the Season 4 premiere), that too majortiy of them were extremely minimal, and that he was basically overshadowed by other villains for most of the time as a primary threat and stopped being a major threat by the end of Season 3 due to his death at the Triceraton's hands, Shredder is the actual main antagonist of the show instead of Prime since he served as a primary threat in all 5 seasons and is definitely a more personal threat, making Prime the greater-scope villain instead.
- Kraang Prime is the only character who was mutated in the entire show to be of unearthly origins. And considering he was mutated in Dimension X, where it is stable, he is the only mutant to not be negatively influenced by it.
- Despite being male, he was voiced by 2 female actors in his appearances. This lead to confusion among many viewers on what Kraang Prime's true gender was or made some mistakenly assume he was female.