|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
She is the main antagonist of Season 1 of the cartoon web-series Vixen, then returns as a major antagonist of the spin-off series DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
She is was voiced by Anika Noni Rose in Vixen, then portrayed by Tracy Ifeachor in DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
Kuasa was named the guardian of the Anansi Totem when she was four years old. However, after local warlord Eshu attacked her home village of Zambesi, her mother fled with her baby sisterand the totem
After her sister, now named Mari McCabe, went to visit Dr. Macalester, Kuasa was informed by Macalester. Kuasa told Macalester if she got Mari back with the totem, his next expedition would be fully funded
When Mari came to Macalester, he apologized to Mari as Kuasa busted through his office with two men. Kuasa demanded Mari hand over the Tantu Totem or she'd get one of her men to kill her.
Kuasa threatened Mari McCabe to hand the Anansi Totem over. Mari agreed, claiming she didn't care much for it and only kept it for sentimental reasons. Mari told Kuasa she just wants to know where it came from. When Mari tried to remove the necklace, she was unable to as Macalester realized the necklace was bound to her. Kuasa said she'd just have to remove the necklace from her corpse but Mari quickly tapped into the totem to camouflage and get away.
Mari awoke next to Kuasa, telling the latter she actually intended to hand over the necklace. Mari told Kuasa they need to figure a way to remove the necklace from her neck, without removing her neck as she found Kuasa's methods unnecessary. Kuasa revealed to herself to Mari as her older sister and welcomed Mari home. Kuasa revealed she had brought her to Zambesi Village, their home. Mari was outraged, she was kidnapped all the way to Africa but Kuasa told her she gave her everything she wanted. Kuasa told Mari that their people asked the god Anansi to protect their village. Kuasa told Mari in exchange for worship, Anansi gave them a totem to channel his power. Kuasa tells her she was supposed to be the totem's guardian, up until a local war lord attacked the village and their mother ran off with Mari and the totem. Kuasa told that there may be only death left in their village, it was still her home and obligation to protect it.
Kuasa revealed that when she learned Mari was in possession of the totem, she came after it, revealing the real reason why the totem began to activate, however, it ended up being bound to the latter. Kuasa apologized as they had only been reunited and there only being one way to unbind Mari with the totem. Mari ran off but was quickly stopped. Kuasa set off Anansi to bite Mari, though the totem activated and gave Mari the power of a rhino. Mari knocked Kuasa's guards away and ran off, though she passed out later. Kuasa eventually caught up and took the necklace from Mari.
Kuasa held the Anansi Totem as a few worshiped her. Mari came by and told Kuasa she was the real "mental illness" of the family. Kuasa told Mari she was impressed that Mari survived. When Mari talked about how older siblings always stole from the younger siblings, Kuasa claimed the totem was rightfully hers. Mari told Kuasa how their mother wanted to keep the totem as far away from her as possible. Kuasa tapped into the totem, asking Mari which form she prefer to be killed by. Mari charged with the animals, who all went after Kuasa's men. Kuasa fought with a couple animal spirits, before being grazed in an arm by Mari. Kuasa activated the spirit of the tiger as she claimed a mere stick couldn't harm her. Kuasa attacked Mari and bit her in the shoulder, before being bitten by the same spider she had previously used on Mari. Kuasa tapped into the spirit of a gorilla before losing strength. Kuasa told Mari it wasn't over, though she was knocked out as Mari reclaimed the totem.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Sometime after her demise, Kuasa was resurrected by an unidentified woman, who identified herself as a servant of Mallus, who required her services.
Kuasa was sent to operate in Seattle 2042, to apprehend a hacktivist named Zari Tomaz, to acquire an air totem, with her powers intact despite her former death. At first, she ambushed an A.R.G.U.S. vehicle which carried Zari and killed two A.R.G.U.S. soldiers only to find out she escaped. She tracked down Zari to her hiding place at her warehouse where she saw the Legends were also looking for her and tailed them until they led her to Zari in a bar. In an ensuing fight, Kuasa defeated Sara Lance until a diversion allowed the Legends to escape. Eventually, Kuasa found the Atom and Zari and quickly beat him and nearly killed him by drowning him until Zari stepped in. Kuasa offered Zari revenge on A.R.G.U.S. in return for the totem she had as she couldn't wield it. When the proposal was refused, Kuasa was preparing to kill them until she was ambushed by the Legends. Amaya Jiwe stepped forward to challenge her and she quickly tried to strike at her with water but Amaya blocked it with her power. Recognizing the power of the Anansi Totem, Kuasa was temporarily left in shock which Amaya had the chance to throw her with the strength of an elephant. Realizing that Amaya was her grandmother, she told her that she would only be killing herself if she killed Amaya, hinting at their relationship. She then teleported herself away using an unknown mystical object.
Powers and abilities
- Hydromancy: The Water Totem allowed Kuasa to control vast amounts of water. Once she was resurrected, she was seemingly capable of such feats on her own and in a confrontation with her grandmother, Amaya Jiwe, she said the totem was now a part of her, hinting that Mallus gave her the powers of the water totem when his acolyte resurrected her.
- Hydrokinesis/Water blasts: Kuasa is capable of morphing water into different forms, including shooting powerful blasts of water at her opponents.
- Hydrophysiology: Kuasa is able to turn herself into water.
- Anansi Totem: Most of Kuasa's powers came from the necklace, which allowed her to harness the life force of animals, in essence harnessing their abilities. Since accessing its power, the necklaces bonded with her, preventing it from being removed from her neck until she was bitten by Anansi.
- Superhuman speed: Through the spirit of the rhino, she became incredibly fast, so much that she can perform a stampede.
- Superhuman strength: Through the spirit of the gorilla she became incredibly strong, while through the spirit of the elephant she could step like a trunk over her enemies.
- Superhuman agility: Through the spirit of an unclear big cat, she became incredibly agile, able to leap great distances, and preform incredible acrobatic feats, as well as to bite through the human flesh or cut it with her claws with ease.
- Master hand-to-hand combatant: Despite being surprised by Sara Lance, who had League of Assassins training, with her signature weapons, she managed to overpower her with ease to the point that Sara needed Mick Rory to cause a distraction to escape. She uses a fluid style of fighting, able to evade incoming attacks and counter them